Air installed Lamkin REL 3Gen grips

Seems a lot harder to get them started than using acetone and double sided tape.

Seems a lot harder to get them started than using acetone and double sided tape.

Not at all, not everything goes smooth for a video.
The deal with the air install is you can pull them off without effing them up and add more tape or take some off.
In the video I stated that I played the Winn dry tac last week and changed to the Lamkin this week.
If you have the $$ to destroy a new set of grips every week go right ahead I won't.
It's all about tinkering around Bro.

Good vid Jim, Mighty fine lookin air tank there

Informative and funny! Thanks for the great thread - keeping my friday evening at work tolerable!

Never thought of the air idea, or doing it myself. Maybe sometime down the road. Thanks for the info!

What did you have your compressor set to for output psi?
I run mine around 70psi to install my Pure Grips.

The problem I found with using the Pure gun to install other brand grips is that the butt hole is larger. So the air doesn't flow through as evenly.

Alright I finally had a few minutes to go out to the shop.
I have included a picture of the rubber vise piece <$2.00 that you wrap around the shaft and clamp into the vise.

The air nozzle and gun can be purchased very cheaply at Harbor Freight.
Two of the most expensive items needed are a vise and a small air compressor to air install your grips.

Airinstalldevices.jpg
[/IMG]

"You live over there on Briar, eh?! What's the address."
"Uh, TWO!"
"You got a pool over there?"
"A pool and a pond... Pond would be good for you."

"...It's California Sensemeah Feather-bed-Bent. Good thing about it is you can play 36 holes on it then get stoned to the be-JEEZUS belt!"

Great video!

The problem I found with using the Pure gun to install other brand grips is that the butt hole is larger.
LMAO
I have included a picture of the rubber vise piece <$2.00 that you wrap around the shaft and clamp into the vise.

Two of the most expensive items needed are a vise and a small air compressor to air install your grips.
Yup, you cost me a new compressor today. I then proceeded to do all my irons in minutes and cursed myself for not doing this earlier.

Airinstalldevices.jpg
[/IMG]

Where did you get the rubber piece to put in the vice?? I think I have one of the air nozzles too.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

I can't wait to try this. Ive paid to regrip 2 full sets of clubs in the last year. Sure not much $ but enough to cover that little rubber piece and nozzle.

Where did you get the rubber piece to put in the vice?? I think I have one of the air nozzles too.

bullfrog you can buy that at Golfsmith

bullfrog you can buy that at Golfsmith

Thanks I will check into getting it. This is going to be fun to try.

Thanks I will check into getting it. This is going to be fun to try.

If you have a vice, you could take a sturdy work glove and just rest the shaft in the glove and squish it into the vice

We always used compressed air for bike grips when I worked at a bike shop. It really makes doing something like this a quick task, although its not that hard to do it the other way but every little bit of time saved helps.

Thanks to someone I now have all the tools to do this! I will be installing my next set of grips. May be soon since I'm anxious.

I'm really liking these.. I think I'll pick some up.

Thanks for this video! I put new grips on my clubs today.And my old ones were still in great shape (2 months old - new still) so i used the air compressor and they just slipped right off. So now i can use them next year or put them on a old set! Thanks alot again for the video, i would have never thought of that

Finally got the nerve to attempt this. Taking off the grips was a little tricky due to my club builder using double stick tape. The first attempt I almost blew the middle out of the grip (GP MultiCompound Standard). Put on a heavy leather glove and gripped it where it started to bubble (or balloon would be a better term) and short bursts of air and twisting finally got it off. Took off the double stick tape and put three layers of blue masking tape. That 2IN version is perfect, just the right size, trim to length and just smooth it around the shaft.

Putting it on over the masking tape was sooo easy. Even with the balloon, on the first one, it went back on without trying to expand again. Now I have, in a sense, midsize grips so I will see how they work on the course.

Thank you so much for posting that vid, made it very easy to understand for a noob doing his own stuff!

I installed some of the pink ones on Nerfnys irons tonight. Pretty simple, similar to other grips I've done with the air gun.
037B1249-804B-4BB7-9E19-2065B613D2FF-368-000000146E19A8FA_zps879a77e0.jpg

I installed some of the pink ones on Nerfnys irons tonight. Pretty simple, similar to other grips I've done with the air gun.
037B1249-804B-4BB7-9E19-2065B613D2FF-368-000000146E19A8FA_zps879a77e0.jpg

Wow she's a lucky Gal to have a guy like you to customize her clubs great photo Dean. Those Irons look stunning bro.

Wow she's a lucky Gal to have a guy like you to customize her clubs great photo Dean. Those Irons look stunning bro.

She would only let me do the irons though. Wouldn't commit to the wedges and woods just yet. She'll crack app enough. The pink looks pretty good. I wish I didn't forget to grab some of these off the tour van.

Back