Hitting new clubs

Owen

Love/Hate Relationship
Reaction score
Handicap
Have played 2 rounds of golf now with my Razr Fit and Razr X Black 3 wood. Love both of the clubs and was crushing them when I demoed. Now that I've bought them, I can't hit them. I think I have a mental block due to me being afraid to mess up the prettiness of them? Anyone else ever had this issue?

I actually look forward to my first ding or scratch because after that, the pressures off. Remember, they're tools meant to be used, so go have fun with em.

I actually look forward to my first ding or scratch because after that, the pressures off. Remember, they're tools meant to be used, so go have fun with em.

I don't look forward to the first ding but the rest of the statement is true. Put a solid swing on it and don't worry about bunkers or any trouble out off the fairway. Swing for the landing area

I bought some R11 and R11s woods and I ended up making some small sky marks on the top from too steep of a downswing-although protective strips will help with the sky marks-you are better off buying time with a PG instructor to get rid of a swing flaw instead of worrying about messing your clubs-clubs will wear eventually

good luck

Last edited:
You can get 'sky mark' protectors to put on your woods. It's a clear tape type of strip and it will protect your club, then you can just swing away without any worry.

I was the same way. My swing suffered since I was afraid to damage it but once I just went at it like any regular club, was hitting it better. Figure you spent all that money to hit the club right? Not just stare at it's prettinest.

You can get 'sky mark' protectors to put on your woods. It's a clear tape type of strip and it will protect your club, then you can just swing away without any worry.

I just bought some testors paint to match the head of my r11 stuff and if I mess it up a quick paint touch up makes it like new-I don't make gashes just tiny chips when I get sky marks

Every club I own is used and therefore scuffed when I got it. I used to sky drives when I played in HS. I hated those marks. It's harder to do with today's club, it seems.

Tappin' on the Kingphone.

Back