Adams Speedline Super XTD Fairway and Idea Super XTD Hybrid

Anyone hit the hybrid yet?

bumping this again to see if anyone else has hit these.
anybody?

I haven't even seen them yet. I'm curious though.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I haven't even seen them yet. I'm curious though.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I haven't either. I'm curious to see how they stack up against the Ballz hybrid.

Had a 19 with the Xflex Fubuki shaft and already sold it on Ebay. Sets up great and hit some fairly good shots (1 round on course) however I was all over the place with this thing on the range once I tried to dial it in. The stock shaft does not fit me nor did the Fubuki in the Fast 12 LS. I think the Ping I20 hybrids are the best thing out right now.

Had a 19 with the Xflex Fubuki shaft and already sold it on Ebay. Sets up great and hit some fairly good shots (1 round on course) however I was all over the place with this thing on the range once I tried to dial it in. The stock shaft does not fit me nor did the Fubuki in the Fast 12 LS. I think the Ping I20 hybrids are the best thing out right now.

Where did you find one?

Jacks Golf (aka Games People Play golf) Monster golf (all ebay stores) If you check around they all have them now.

Interesting you say that 'cos other guys have been raving about how straight and long this thing is. Apparently longer than the RBZ.

Monster golf on eBay seem to have these much cheaper than everywhere else.

Wow @ the prices of these clubs. $274 on eBay? wtc

That's a solid MattyKrack right there. Resold it before a lot of stores even had them in stock!

$250 else where :wink:

Fairway on the other hand..... Ut ohhhhh

I want to get my hands on the 17* hybrid....but yeah, these are pricey....

Yes these are expensive, they are really good, and the A12 with the slot also very good not as expensive.
Hard to beat a Adams Hybrid!
Also there will be a super hybrid stainless which will cost less than the ti, I hit it yesterday it was a 22 degree.

I want to get my hands on the 17* hybrid....but yeah, these are pricey....

Just hit the hybrid.. Was not impressed

I hit these a few weeks before the show and my impression was that the fairway wood is probably the most solid stick I may have ever hit. I thought the hybrid felt great and performed well but it is a bit large and hard to even call a hybrid. The velocity slot seems to not line up flush with the face and it turned me off also. On the other hand, the black superhybrid was a huge success for them and this follows that nicely and definitely fits in a fantastic 2012 line of clubs for Adams. Saw them again last week and after testing again I ordered a 14.5 FW even though I've heard the FW's are already backordered. It's not a lightweight club, the face doesn't seem super hot, but it is unbelievably solid and controlled and that's what I like. They are certainly long also being Ti. Having Fubuki's in them stock only speaks the quality of Adams products. Best stock shaft ever IMO and justifies the price point.

We had an Adams demo day last Saturday and I had a chance to swing these clubs. They may be pricey, but the performance may justify the price. I was hitting the 14.5 FW 250-260 yds with 10yd dispersion left and right off the indoor mat - some 30yds longer than my current 3w. Even if the monitor was jacked up, I was definitely hitting these longer than other fws for sure. Feels very solid. Only reason I did not walk out with one is because I was hitting off mats and not turf. I will wait until I demo it outside.
Feels extremely solid, nice size head and the velocity slot is not distracting at all. You forget everything once you see the distance. Stock stiff shaft performed admirably well for me.
Also tried the hybrid. Nice solid feel, and long as well. But I am quite happy with my Mashie for now.

Thanks for sharing, Ryan. Saw these earlier this week @ Golf Galaxy...but not in lefty. Definitely need to track one down.

Just picked up the 18* 5 wood on Friday and took it out to play yesterday. This club is extremely easy to hit from either the tee or off the deck. I am a pretty bad golfer so if I can hit this club, anyone can hit it. I love the Fubuki shaft in it as well. Feels very stable. I went to my local Golfsmith and tried this club out against pretty much all other offerings from other manufacturers and this was definitely the best for me. The price was the only down side of this club. $300 is a lot to spend on any non driver/putter but after hitting it on the course, it turned out to be worth the money. I am a pretty slow swinger - low 90's with the driver and mid 80's with the woods. I can get this one out to about 200 which is exactly what i was looking for. Really easy to get this up in the air as well. At first the velocity slot thing on the crown was kind of weird but I got used to it after a few swings. The club looks great but the sparkly shaft is a little girly in my opinion.

I hit the hybrids a ton over the past few weeks. If I had the cash they would be in the bag. Great clubs with a great shaft

I hit the hybrids a ton over the past few weeks. If I had the cash they would be in the bag. Great clubs with a great shaft

There's a reason I have yet to hit these.

Haha don't. These things are rockets

Just picked up the 18* 5 wood on Friday and took it out to play yesterday. This club is extremely easy to hit from either the tee or off the deck. I am a pretty bad golfer so if I can hit this club, anyone can hit it. I love the Fubuki shaft in it as well. Feels very stable. I went to my local Golfsmith and tried this club out against pretty much all other offerings from other manufacturers and this was definitely the best for me. The price was the only down side of this club. $300 is a lot to spend on any non driver/putter but after hitting it on the course, it turned out to be worth the money. I am a pretty slow swinger - low 90's with the driver and mid 80's with the woods. I can get this one out to about 200 which is exactly what i was looking for. Really easy to get this up in the air as well. At first the velocity slot thing on the crown was kind of weird but I got used to it after a few swings. The club looks great but the sparkly shaft is a little girly in my opinion.

Marengo,

Are you hitting the XTD fairway 5 wood longer than other 5 woods ? If so, by how much ?

Marengo,

Are you hitting the XTD fairway 5 wood longer than other 5 woods ? If so, by how much ?

I was hitting this in one of the bays that had a launch monitor in it. On average, I probably only hit this one maybe 4 or 5 yards further than others i tried (RBZ, 910F, RAZR X, R11S, Mashie). That being said, at around 200 yards, that comes out to be a couple percent difference. I really couldnt ask for anything more. To be honest, I wasnt looking for the one I hit the farthest but for the one I hit most consistent. I would usually get about 185-190 in the air with a little bit of roll out. My mishits werent losing a whole lot of distance either. I found some of the other woods I tried out to be a little on the heavy side (SW and static). I tend to like lighter clubs. Its hard to explain but this one just felt better than the others. I dont know if it was the head/shaft combo or the balance of the club but it was just really easy to hit. And this is not something that I could say about any of the others I tried out. I just didnt have to fight the club to make a good swing with it.

Back