Straight Outta Compton Trailer

I think it's cool Ice Cube's son is playing Ice Cube. I saw in an interview that he really struggled to play the character of Ice Cube and not just do an impersonation of his dad.

When I first read about this project I couldn't get very excited, but after learning more and more, I have to go see it!

NWA kind of made a difference in the music industry. Uncle Luke made a difference in Chocolate City in Miami. As Much as I like Luke and the music he put out, his story would fall short to me. But I'd see on video if they made one.
It got me thinking what if 2LiveCrew put out a similar movie. That would be just as interesting.

I agree that this music is raw and coming legitimately from a place of experience. Not like these "Studio Gangstas" we've got now.

It was just a matter of time before the skewed statistics came about. My goodness.

I've been following this movie for about 3 months when I first saw the trailer. I've been a fan of these guys and all their solo acts since they cane on the scene. The movie looks to be well done with some great cast members. I'll be there eating popcorn.

I wonder how many from the newer generation will see this movie. This is my generations music. Not very PC.

I will be watching it. Probably at my apartment, but will be seeing it 100%

It's interesting reading through this thread and seeing how many of you are itching to see this movie. I did not realize there were that many NWA fans here. I will not be seeing it.

What stats?

The ones about who is dying from who and 15 x more likely from this. It's hysterical to me how skewed some people make their stats....but is what it is.

It's interesting reading through this thread and seeing how many of you are itching to see this movie. I did not realize there were that many NWA fans here. I will not be seeing it.
I'm not interested in seeing it because I'm an nwa fan, but because I think it is a very compelling story. Looks like a well done movie telling the story of a group that truly changed a genre.

OK, I was planning on a bucket of popcorn, a drink and some raisonettes. Just wanted to enjoy myself, now I have to think about all the black people killing and report back to the debate room during the movie. Sheesh, if IceCube only knew what he started.
Actually there were multiple.

Seen the trailer at theatres awhile back and knew I had to go. My wife gave me the blank stare as she knows nothing about it

OK, I was planning on a bucket of popcorn, a drink and some raisonettes. Just wanted to enjoy myself, now I have to think about all the black people killing and report back to the debate room during the movie. Sheesh, if IceCube only knew what he started.

Mmm, popcorn and raisenettes, that sounds amazing. :smile:

Nobody wants chocolate covered shriveled fruit.

I'm not a huge NWA-fan. Some songs I like, some I don't like. I'm interested in it because of what NWA meant for rap music, and I think their story is interesting.

NWA kind of made a difference in the music industry. Uncle Luke made a difference in Chocolate City in Miami. As Much as I like Luke and the music he put out, his story would fall short to me. But I'd see on video if they made one.

Agree they changed the game, but legally all the crap 2LC had to got through to get their music played set a precedent for others to have that freedom of speech on their records. Also I think what is always overlooked is how Uncle Luke poured money into Miami/S.Florida to give those kids opportunities with organized sports and keep them off the street. It's worth telling IMO.

I think they already had a 2LC documentary. ESPN did one on The U and his cheating antics. :D

I definitely will see this movie just not sure if it will be the theater or when it is out on DVD.

I still remember when my brother convinced my Mom to buy Straight out of Compton for him. Not sure if he made it all the way through the cassette tape before it was confiscated.

Is Chris Rock in it?
NSFW

Spoiler
[video=youtube;69JBRcDOt-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69JBRcDOt-k[/video]

Straight Outta Compton Trailer

That's awesome! I completely forgot about that one

I am definitely looking forward to it

I have seen this preview and I cant wait to go see it. I think it looks flat out amazing.

Agree they changed the game, but legally all the crap 2LC had to got through to get their music played set a precedent for others to have that freedom of speech on their records. Also I think what is always overlooked is how Uncle Luke poured money into Miami/S.Florida to give those kids opportunities with organized sports and keep them off the street. It's worth telling IMO.

definitely a different story. but to me, a story about sharing the painful experiences of growing up in south central la and rising above the virtual death sentence that comes from your birthplace > fighting censorship and antiquated decency laws.

Back