The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah dude, no clue how we did it. Or my wife was just a rock star and didn't wake me?

Laura has been doing that for me while she's off school and it's unreal how much of a difference it makes. I really can't do much to help anyways.

The difference between 5-6 straight hours of sleep and 9 hours of horribly interrupted sleep is unreal.

Well, that makes sense. When our son got down to 2 wakeups at night, one of us would take the early wakeup and the other one would take the late wakeup, that worked well. Sounds like you two planned much better for the early times than we did.

Apologies for turning the Banter thread into the Parenting thread.

haha banter is banter, I appreciate you asking!

It's crazy how you just kind of adapt eh? Within an hour of meeting him I was handling him like a pro. I thought I'd loathe diaper changes and such, but now I just get it done and don't think twice. We find a way. It's been really fun so far, learning how to be a dad. I have a crap ton to learn, but the wife is pleased with my efforts and that's all I worry about.

It's crazy how you just kind of adapt eh? Within an hour of meeting him I was handling him like a pro. I thought I'd loathe diaper changes and such, but now I just get it done and don't think twice. We find a way. It's been really fun so far, learning how to be a dad. I have a crap ton to learn, but the wife is pleased with my efforts and that's all I worry about.

So similar its scary at times.

Both of mine were awesome sleepers!

At like 2 weeks? Don't get me wrong, our guy is a great sleeper, but not that early.

We were spoiled with our first one. Right out of the gate she slept 5-6 hours at a time. I had to check on her and make sure she was breathing bc she was out...put her down around 10 and she would wake up around 4am...

We were spoiled with our first one. Right out of the gate she slept 5-6 hours at a time. I had to check on her and make sure she was breathing bc she was out...put her down around 10 and she would wake up around 4am...

That's how both our boys were. Then by 6 months they were both 12 hour sleepers at night. Lay them down at 6pm and they would sleep till 6 am. We've been lucky

Still playing the waiting game. Holidays really messed up the timing and all. Hopefully I didn't get left in limbo. Will know soon enough, but gotta stay positive!

Holidays slow that stuff down have faith and stay positive you got this

Holidays slow that stuff down have faith and stay positive you got this
That's what I'm hoping. They said they were going to "move quickly" so maybe that meant after the holidays and not before. If it doesn't work out, I have to look at it as their loss. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

In terms of just adapting, you really don't have a choice, right? It's all about "finding a way" as you say.

Also, like I told you a few months ago, it helps that it's not really golf season right now. I didn't touch my clubs for at least 3 months after my son was born, just didn't have any motivation to get out there.

In terms of just adapting, you really don't have a choice, right? It's all about "finding a way" as you say.

Also, like I told you a few months ago, it helps that it's not really golf season right now. I didn't touch my clubs for at least 3 months after my son was born, just didn't have any motivation to get out there.

Already got that one planned as well! He's gone all day to DayCare. Course is 5 minutes away and I've got a lunch hour to hit the range daily.

Should satisfy the evening 9s for the first while, anyways. And I won't feel like I'm stealing time. It's beautiful.

I have been interacting with our friends at Callaway to get the issue resolved with the APW and I can say these are the best people I have ever dealt with for Customer Service, taking and answering emails over the weekend and they are doing their best to get a new club in my hands before the weekend THP outing.

Absolutely top of the line all the way around, it makes me proud to support their Company.

I hate saying "My bag is set." It's like jinxing a no hitter or a shutout. I think this time I might actually be confident in saying that though. It's down to a fight between the GBB and XR Pro right now, then if the mallet/#7 experiment works out, it will be a battle between the WHP and MXM. Oh and I need a pitching wedge because this one isnt conforming. Other than that, good to go.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I'll preface this by saying I love my son dearly and I'm glad he's generally pleasant in the morning. But damn, sometimes his cheeriness at 6:30 in the morning is too much for me. If I'm not heading to the course or the lake, I'm not a happy, cheery person that early in the morning. Maybe I need to drink my coffee earlier in the morning to prepare for him.

being back to work after the holiday break is rough. Especially when its 20 below

being back to work after the holiday break is rough. Especially when its 20 below

I guess I can't complain about it still being 59 in my lab this morning then.

Do you work outside?

not usually, but I had to do some work by the receiving docks this morning and I didn't like it one bit.

I feel your pain, here on the east coast, Martin. It's brutal. Was -3 yesterday, woke up to -18 this morning.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hahahahahaha that's hilarious!

that sign is classic.

That sign... WOW

I don't think there is anything more pathetic than an internet troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back