What set of irons knocked your Rocketbladez out of your bag?

packerfan

Reaction score
Handicap
I've had my current set of Rocketbladez for a couple years now, but I'm curious if there is another set out there worth switching to. The Rocketbladez seem to have the perfect mix of forgiveness, distance, and workability. I tried the D200s for a few weeks last summer and they were long and strait, but not very workable. Just curious what other sets some of you have moved on to.

Nothing yet, although the CF 16's are tempting.

There are so many good ones out there...
I went from Rocketbladez Tours to RSi 2s.

The TM CB's

then the Wilson D200's

and now the CF16's

I played a set of Bridgestone DPCs after the RocketBladez, then i25 irons after that. If you are happy with the RocketBladez why change? Is there something specific you are looking for?

apex cf16s. The distances and forgiveness were comparable despite the rocketbladez having longer shafts (apex are 3ish yards longer for me), but I prefer the apex cf16s in every other category, especially the sound/feel of the long irons. IMO they are definitely a solid upgrade if you can justify purchasing a set of new irons.

Also, transitioning from the rocketfuel 85g S shafts to the 780 f4 recoils was effortless

Well, I played a set of Taylormade 300s for about 13 years. Just skipped clear over the rocketbladez, and now play Wilson M3s. I kept my old irons because they look pretty in my basement, but beyond that, I'll never go back.

~Rock

Looking back to when I gamed them, it was the SpeedBlades, WAY better sound in the slotted clubs, and even better performance.

Bridgestone J40 DPC, then the 2013 Apex/Apex Pro.

I went from Rocketbladez to the tour model then to 2014 MC which are still in the bag and do not look to be moving any time soon

This is interesting. I had thought that the speedblades weren't much of an upgrade over the rocketbladezipperer. I might have to give them a closer look.

I'm still rocking the rocketbladez and will be for a bit. I got them used in "value" condition on global golf last year and they are nice. I got the 4-aw for less than 180$ during a sale. Tough to beat

Once they are worn down then it will be onward to a newer used set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in search of something that might help my game out a little more.

The rocketbladez are a pretty forgiving gi iron set imo. If you need more help id look at sgi sets

This is interesting. I had thought that the speedblades weren't much of an upgrade over the rocketbladezipperer. I might have to give them a closer look.

I like the SpeedBladez much better. They have been in the bag for a year +, I really need to sell my RocketBladez.

Adams CMB's, then Bridgestone J15DF's, then my current AP2's. I do miss the 200 yard 6 irons though.

The Callaway XRs for my daughter.

Nothing yet. They work great. I'm sure there's better stuff out there with how long these have been out, but these just work better for me than any other iron I've hit.

I liked my rocketblades, but once I tried the the Apexes, I had to have them. I love em, and it's an easy transition. Haven't upgraded to the CF16's but the way I hit these, I don't feel the need to. Favorite irons I've ever hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back