Brand Preference??

I use clubs that work for me. Doesn't matter.

But I do love PING, ADAMS and CALLAWAY. I like these companies and they seem to cater to the regular joe's like myself. My 7w is a Wilson that I bought for dirt cheap because it seems most folks don't want to be seen with a Wilson club. LOL.

There are other companies that make great clubs but you have to search them out because most golf magazines don't mention them or do reviews on them. Tour Edge used to be kind of an underground secret. There's Krank, Bang, and SMT to name a few.

I use clubs that work for me. Doesn't matter.

But I do love PING, ADAMS and CALLAWAY. I like these companies and they seem to cater to the regular joe's like myself. My 7w is a Wilson that I bought for dirt cheap because it seems most folks don't want to be seen with a Wilson club. LOL.

There are other companies that make great clubs but you have to search them out because most golf magazines don't mention them or do reviews on them. Tour Edge used to be kind of an underground secret. There's Krank, Bang, and SMT to name a few.

I think you'll find that's not the case here. Wilson here is seen as a brand that has great offerings at a great price, that is often over looked.

IMO, there are differences between the brands but whats good or bad from one brand to another really is a matter or preference and personal opinion.

I think you'll find that's not the case here. Wilson here is seen as a brand that has great offerings at a great price, that is often over looked.

Wilson makes great clubs and I see them locally cheaper than other brands. I can't ever recall seeing another golfer with a Wilson club though. My Wilson 7w is fantastic...when *I* hit it right. LOL.

Right or wrong, the vibe I get from others is that they look at Wilson as a lesser product. Most golfers in my area use Callaway or Taylormade which is what is pushed on them at the local stores. (nothing at all wrong with those clubs either though).

That's definitely a perception that W/S is trying to turn around right now. I think they've been doing very well at it, especially with irons.

That's definitely a perception that W/S is trying to turn around right now. I think they've been doing very well at it, especially with irons.

SERIOUSLY!!! Now that is a great ad campaign, it has really been a plus for Wilson IMO.

One of the differences that I feel gets overlooked is the resale value. It seems Vokey and Scotty Cameron seem to hold their values better.

SERIOUSLY!!! Now that is a great ad campaign, it has really been a plus for Wilson IMO.

I do wonder if they'll be able to do the same with their woods and hybrids. The Dxi was well received here and the Fybrids are top of the line as well.

I do wonder if they'll be able to do the same with their woods and hybrids. The Dxi was well received here and the Fybrids are top of the line as well.

I think the woods might be hard for them. Mostly because you don't see a lot of their top guys using their woods. There are some, but probably not as many as they would like.

I think the woods might be hard for them. Mostly because you don't see a lot of their top guys using their woods. There are some, but probably not as many as they would like.

That's a very good point.

There was a time when Wilson and especially the Staff models were the hot item. I had a set of Wilson Staff II woods, Driver, 3 4 and 5. Loved them. That was back in the 70's before they lost their market share.

I think everyone has their own preference. But dollar for dollar Titleist, Ping, and Mizuno gear tend to hold a better resale value. Taylormade dilutes the market with so many new offerings that their clubs can be bought one day and be worth half the price the next.

I think everyone has their own preference. But dollar for dollar Titleist, Ping, and Mizuno gear tend to hold a better resale value. Taylormade dilutes the market with so many new offerings that their clubs can be bought one day and be worth half the price the next.

I was in a Golfsmith the other day and there was already an RBZ driver in the used driver bin.

Not that I find anything wrong with it at all, but I've never considered resale value when buying clubs.

Not that I find anything wrong with it at all, but I've never considered resale value when buying clubs.

I didn't even think resale value was a major thing in golf clubs considering it all really depends on the shape of the club when trading in. Scotty's hold their value well because all putters hold there value well for the most part.

I'm fickle. I like any company that can get me whatever over the top set up I want on any given day for a slightly better price then the other guy.

I do believe that some OEM's are better at certain types of technology then others and worse in other ways. It just depends on the tech you want as to which one to get.

Wilson should make a bigger push for some "big names". And I mean do whatever it takes to get these young hotshots and others. Men and women. Buy 'em a car, a house, pay their taxes....whatever. LOL. They need tournament winners using Wilson clubs talking about Wilson clubs.

And, no, I don't work for Wilson. LOL.

I NEVER consider resale value when buying a club...never....I want something that is going to improve my game...not something that I will get better value on down the road.

I've always been a fan of Taylor Made stuff. Funny thing is, I don't play any TM gear but my driver and ball. I want to, but I always end up hitting something just a bit better, or find something a little bit cheaper.

I NEVER consider resale value when buying a club...never....I want something that is going to improve my game...not something that I will get better value on down the road.

Dittos.

I don't have a real favorite brand, I have lots that I like. Callaway, Mizuno, Cleveland, Titleist, TaylorMade, Bridgestone, and Cobra are all on my good side. I dislike Nike and that's the extent of my dislikes.

I'm not sure if one major OEM is better than another at all. I think they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I think personal opinions play a massive role as well.

+1 totally agree

I have come to really like Taylormade. Started with getting R9 irons, love 'em. I just ordered Rocketballz Tour driver, fairway and rescue. Still gaming Cleveland wedges.
I am also a huge fan of Odyssey putters.

Right now I'm loving what Cleveland is doing. I don't have a set favorite. Ito with what catches my eye first. Then I try to hit it second! My bag has a 4-5 companies in there. Some OEMs make nice irons, some make real nice hybrids. Like I said, all about the initial looks. Call me shallow! LOL

Well said!

Back