Driver Assistance

dadoffive

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm back into golf after several years, and right now, getting off the tee box is inconsistent at best with my driver. I'm hitting my 3W (Taylormade superfast burner 15*... all stock, stiff shaft) really solid ~220yds... but driver, not so much.

My driver is preowned, taylormade superfast burner 9.5*, stock shaft (Stiff) and grip. I've tried choking down on it so the length is similar to the 3W, but I tend to hit more low line drives than anything else.

A friend of mine said the loft degree for my speed and handicap is too low.

Is it?

[video=youtube;7-nOdURQAIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-nOdURQAIs&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

Bump????

As this is the ask the pro thread, it can take a few days, sometimes even a week for the pros to get back to you, since they do this voluntarily outside of their full-time job at golf-tec. If they don't get to this by the end of next week, then give it another bump.

Dan

Sorry for the delay response. First looking at your swing, without knowing your clubhead speed, I would say a higher lofted driver would help. I would suggest going to a local PGA professional for a driver fitting with a launch monitor. Then you can know for sure the shaft flex and loft you need based on your launch characteristics. As well you will want to find what the proper length driver is for you. This has a large effect on your ability to hit the sweet spot. The Burner Superfast is 46.5" and may be too long for you to hit consistently. Simply choking up on the club isn't the best remedy as the weighting of the club will change as well as it is difficult to choke up the same everytime. Hope this helps.

Josh Miller
PGA Certified Professional
GolfTEC - Golden, CO

Back