Pro tip: Don't post a 35 on 18

I feel bad for the kid because it was obviously a mistake and he wasn't trying to improve his score. Tough lesson learned.

I hate hearing stories like this! What a bummer

Man that is such a bummer for that kid. Hard lesson to have to learn, but I'm sure he won't have that happen again. You'd think someone could have asked about it before he left the scoring area though with that big a mistake. :shrug:

Did they ever say what school. I probably played against them in high school. That was my league.

I hope my son never goes through this. I know when the scores are being turned in to the coaches, it is a mad house. They're collecting score sheets and adding everything up and who knows what. The coaches don't have time to go over every kids score sheet as they are handed to them. Our kids generally have each others backs and are checking each others cards for mistakes. They can't necessarily point out a stroke discrepancy, but they can find errors like this one. Never hurts to have a second set of eyes in this case as well as in life. As has been said, this is one of the life lessons that he learned the hard way.

Back