JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So this Friday we will have our Nickent Hybrid review. Once the review is complete we will do a giveaway for some hybrids. So stay tuned as the pictures will come Friday and the giveaways are getting bigger.

This place gets better everyday. I have been wanting to try some hybrids to replace those pesky long irons.

I have been wanting to try some hybrids to replace those pesky long irons.

I don't even carry an iron longer than the 5. I just gave up the chase.

Yeah I really want to get rid of my 3 iron, once in awhile I can hit a pure 4 and it is awesome. Although it doesn't happen often enough to make me want to keep it. One question, I'm having trouble hitting my fairway woods will that make it hard to hit hybrids?

MO -

Relax when you're hitting your fairway woods. My brother struggles with his sometimes too, when he relaxes, and swings smoothly (rather than try to kill it to squeeze a couple more yards; remember, smooth doesn't = weak) he really does well. I use his 3 wood pretty often, and can hit it really well, it's a smooth club.

Hitting a hybrid is not like a fairway wood, nor is it like an iron. It's kind of in between the two. You still want to hit down on it like an iron, but it's got a longer shaft, so you're setup is a little bit like a fairway wood.

I carry two hybrids, to replace my 3 and 4 irons (see sig), they're super easy to hit, and confidence inspiring when I need to carry some junk to a green. I hit my 21* off the tee sometimes, rather than my driver if there's trouble ahead (I need a fairway wood)

I will tell you this: some hybrids are easier to hit than others. I spent a lot of hours hitting everything on the market I could lay hands on. I just really felt confident swinging the Ping's, so they're what I put in my bag. I built my first hybrid a few years ago, when they first appeared on the scene, it was a 19*, and while it was a fine club, I wasn't always consistent with it.

JB - I'm looking forward to this giveaway, those are some super sweet hybrids that Nickent sent you!

I'm looking forward to a hybrid that I can get in the air... I BOMB my sonartec but I can't hold a green with it. It's used to short par 4's, really long par 3's, and on par 5's

I think a hybrid might be right for me, when hitting fairway woods I have a tendency to top the ball. I think it's product of trying to sweep the club along the ground instead of hitting down through the ball.
I like the looks of the Nickent hybrids, actually I haven't seen any of their clubs that I don't like.

I've got a sweeping swing, and don't take hardly any divot on a iron shot, which I'm told is why I do well with the fairway woods.

I don't even carry an iron longer than the 5. I just gave up the chase.

Heck, my longest iron is the 7. I could carry a 7h, but that seemed a little extreme.

Yeah I really want to get rid of my 3 iron, once in awhile I can hit a pure 4 and it is awesome. Although it doesn't happen often enough to make me want to keep it. One question, I'm having trouble hitting my fairway woods will that make it hard to hit hybrids?

I have a sharp, descending swing and find it much easier to hit hybrids than woods. I find hybrids very like irons in that regard. For woods and my driver, I consciously have to make myself stand up, or I'm screwed.

An article in Golf Digest recently made the comment that most people either hit hybrids well or fairway woods well, but not both.

I used to love my fairway woods (I took a 10 yr break from the game), but since I picked up the clubs again I just haven't been able to hit them.
Sounds like I need to demo a hybrid. Thanks for the info.

if you have the latest copy of Golf Digest check out the back of the mag (page 166)

Ryuji Imada WITB

among a sea of Titleist, Vokey,and Scotty Cameron something caught my eye. With the many choices to play Imade has a Nickent 4DX 3 Hybrid.

These are serious clubs that are gaining a lot of play on tour. Just thought it was interesting and I am personally looking forward to the reviews.

DD,
SPoke with them today and they have so many hybrids on tour that just arent recognized because they are not sponsored by them. The new plans they have for the interchangeable shafts are great. THey were the innovator, but it was a failed project somewhat. The new marketing behind it and idea will make it work quite well in my mind.

Back