2012 WGC - Cadillac Championship [Spoilers]

He pretty much played a different course then the other guys yesterday. It was like, what doglegs? Driver, friggin wedge all day.

Doral, minus wind, is a joke. I hate courses where all the guys go HAM with stale conditions. It needs to be more difficult or something.

Doral, minus wind, is a joke. I hate courses where all the guys go HAM with stale conditions. It needs to be more difficult or something.

And then all they do it make it super long... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Add me to the group that just hopes this thing is interesting coming down to the end. We've really been spoiled this year with so many great sunday finishes.

And then all they do it make it super long... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I guess I just don't like a course that is only tough b/c of the wind factor. I hope the wind is up today.

I guess I just don't like a course that is only tough b/c of the wind factor. I hope the wind is up today.

Some would say that Augusta has turned that way during a stretch for some.

Stupid flop shots. I heard they're useless.

They are if can pull them off 90% of the time to win golf tournaments. Hell TW looked foolish on 8 trying to hit the miracle flop. Instead of a lofted chip onto the green and let it release to the hole.

The wind was up the first two days and didnt faze Bubba Gump much at all. He just pulled away from everyone else. Then the wind dies down and he starts falling back a bit, wtc.

The wind was up the first two days and didnt faze Bubba Gump much at all. He just pulled away from everyone else. Then the wind dies down and he starts falling back a bit, wtc.

Not sure he feel back with a 68, as
much as the other guys figured the course isn't that hard. The long hitters really make it look like a joke.

I think the wind was really only a major factor on Thursday. Bubba shot a 70 that day. There weren't a ton of low #'s on Thursday and 18 was a monster. Yesterday's round was a joke. Guys did go through stretches of struggling and still carded 67/68. I'm not a fan.

Any chance the tees that were up yesterday are pushed back and pins placed in tougher Sunday placements?

No idea what the wind is doing but I would have to think they will want the course playing tougher than the last 2 days.

Team Hackers tapping!

One time in Tiger Woods PGA Tour '10 I shot a 54 at Doral. I agree about the layout TC. It doesn't seem to be that tough of a course. As long as it gets interesting at the end I don't care all that much though.

Most resort courses are easy without any sort of weather. Thats why theyre resort courses. If people play well or card a decent score, they want to go back to that resort.

I personally like Bubba a lot and hope he wins. He has the kind of game that either works or not. With all that shaping and cutting corners it is risky. I think if he is on, he can blow a field away, he just has trouble staying on each week.

I personally like Bubba a lot and hope he wins. He has the kind of game that either works or not. With all that shaping and cutting corners it is risky. I think if he is on, he can blow a field away, he just has trouble staying on each week.

If any of these guys are on they can blow fields away. Bubba's demeanor and attitude is what turns me off. I also despise his horrid golf swing.

I'm looking forward to seeing this course again when it's redesigned and updated. I just can't 'get into it'. It's a good tournament but The Blue Monster just doesn't translate well onto the screen for me.

If any of these guys are on they can blow fields away. Bubba's demeanor and attitude is what turns me off. I also despise his horrid golf swing.

How can you not like bubba? He is different then all the cookie cutter robots out there on tour he says what others are scared to. His swing is all feel. He is the most fun player to watch in person ive seen him at akron firestone the last 2 years

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I just can't dig Bubba. I can't quite put my finger on it, but he just rubs me the wrong way. I loved his tears after his win and like that he's a big twitter guy, but I'm still not a fan. I'd like to run him against the Yoccos DB meter and see how he fairs.

I agree bro, he just seems to force it and comes off (to me at least) as not being authentic. His blowup on Elkington back in the day was pretty funny tho.

Any chance the tees that were up yesterday are pushed back and pins placed in tougher Sunday placements?

No idea what the wind is doing but I would have to think they will want the course playing tougher than the last 2 days.

Team Hackers tapping!

The Sunday pin placements on some of the holes will certainly be a force to be reckoned with. I was out there yesterday and had the opportunity to talk to a PGA Official (he came into the CDW Accenture chalet we were sitting in on the 18th green). He was telling a friend and I about some of the Sunday pin placements.

Most resort courses are easy without any sort of weather. Thats why theyre resort courses. If people play well or card a decent score, they want to go back to that resort.

My first impression from tv and when I first arrived at the course was that it looked pretty wide open and not many trees or a lot of water in play (Phil hit two in the water on 18 yesterday). However, this course is quite skinny off of most of the tees. A lot of the holes have very small landing areas. I did not really appreciate it until I was there in person yesterday. The rough is brutal. They have the thick Bermuda rough grown out pretty long. I saw many balls just disappear when they settled. I also saw many of the guys really searching to find their balls when in the rough if a forecaddie was not there to spot it. The long ball hitters are able to carry some of the hazards in a risk reward type situation.

The rough is brutal. They have the thick Bermuda rough grown out pretty long.

I can't say I've paid much attention to the rough around the fairways, but I think the second cut by the greens is too gentle. You have to be more than a few yards off to end up in the thick stuff.

Overall I don't think the course has played nearly difficult enough. But I guess that has to do with the weather as well.

I worked as an assistant at Doral and shot my lowest round ever on the Blue. The fairways are wide and the rough is deep. But these guys hit it so far the rough isn't much of a penalty. With no wind or minimal wind they should eat it up today.
For the normal golfer this is course is very difficult, just not for the pros

Thanks for that Divebell! Looking forward to following along today, no telling what will happen.

Team Hackers tapping!

I took a gamble and pulled Charl for Gmac. Charl should go low now, you're welcome.

Back