Callaway irons from eBay (thoughts about authenticity please) -- lots o' pics

sudseh

Hacker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Handicap
Tito's
I picked up these :callaway: x-tour irons with :ping: S300 shafts/grips a few days ago from fleaBay, and needed some opinions on their authenticity. If y'all would like more photos, please don't hesitate to ask.

4i:
4_back.JPG
4_face.JPG

5i:
5_back.JPG
5_face.JPG

6i:
6_back.JPG
6_face.JPG

7i:
7_back.JPG
7_face.JPG

8i:
8_back.JPG
8_face.JPG

9i:
9_back.JPG
9_face.JPG

PW:
P_back.JPG
P_face.JPG

We can assume the shafts are not original? Callaway original shafts should have a serial number somewhere under the grip.

If they are fake, they are good fakes. Those look like a set of Cally X Tours to me.

i am sure that you can always call Callaway Customer Service @ 800-588-9836 and give them a serial number and find out it is usually located on the 8i

Last edited:
Did they explain why the Cally's shafts had been swapped out with Ping shafts? That seems kinda crazy to me unless the person got a good deal on them and already had the Ping shafts and wanted to play them. Any place that is an authorized Callaway dealer should be able to let you know for sure pretty easily.

The badge looks unusual, but maybe they're an asian model or something.

Here's a stock picture of the X Tours...

6e88d6bf_callaway-x-tour-irons.jpeg

They look pretty good to me. A good friend plays them and I've handled them several times and if those are fake, they're very good ones.

They look like X Tours to me

Sorry about the delay in response. I've been having issues with my HW keyboard.

Seller has a brick&mortar (18 years) in addition to the eBay store -- which leads me to believe they are okay, I'm just paranoid.

Did not ask why shaft was different.

They were sold as used but in good condition.

They are X-tours.

I will be going to GolfTEC for a swing eval this coming Thursday, so I'll have them look the irons over as well.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm just a bit stressed at the moment.

Sent from my Little Robotic Tether.

Forgot to mention, I called Callaway and the serial on the 8i was not in their database.
Could it be possible they were a demo-set?

Forgot to mention, I called Callaway and the serial on the 8i was not in their database.
Could it be possible they were a demo-set?

That would scare me...I would think even a demo set would be in the database

That would scare me...I would think even a demo set would be in the database

That was my initial thought as well.
We'll see on Thursday. :)

If it's not in their system it scared me too, did the ebay seller have good rep? Or live in the far east?

eBay seller has an 18 year-old brick&mortar in North Carolina.

underpardiscountgolf

99% rating / score of 1592

If it isn't in the DB I think you've got an issue. Of course a seller with that kind feedback might well be willing to take them back if you can prove they are fakes.

If it isn't in the DB I think you've got an issue. Of course a seller with that kind feedback might well be willing to take them back if you can prove they are fakes.

Kk, thanks for the heads-up.

eBay seller has an 18 year-old brick&mortar in North Carolina.

underpardiscountgolf

99% rating / score of 1592

like others ave said, with a company like that you shouldn't have an issue, sometimes reputable online companies still get used fakes that pass through their stores without knowing-but if you find they are fakes or have a problem with the 8 iron Serial number then give them a call or contact them

Just thought I'd update the thread. These clubs are legitimate after all. :)

Thanks for the thoughts and recommendations.

Cheers.

I'm glad. But for educational reasons, how did you get conformation of this?

Looked at a set of known authentics and compared them.

Glad it worked out

Thanks. :)
I am extremely happy as well.

If these turned out to be fakes, I probably would have been driven to buy the new MB x-tours when they become available.

Back