How does you significant other feel about golf...and the time you spend on it?

Lefty_JW

Reaction score
The Emerald Isle, also known as a damp and wet pla
Handicap
Just curious how your partner feels about golf. Does he/she play as well (and if so do you play together often)? Are they happy you've found something you really enjoy or do they resent the time you spent on it?

My wife couldn't care less about golf but she is happy that I found something I really enjoy and she has her own interests to keep her busy (yoga for one, about which I am as indifferent as she is about golf), so she is happy enough for me swing away (I guess the fact that we don't have kids yet also means that we have plenty of free time to spare).

Just wondered how many couples play together and how rare of common the stereotypical annoyed "golf widow" (be it man or woman) actually is?

My wife fully supports my addiction to Golf, she knows that Golf is a stress reliever for me and allows me to check out of life for a few hours and relax.

My girlfriend doesnt care that I play golf, but sometimes she gets annoyed with the frequency of which I play golf.

My wife hates it. Makes things extremely difficult

My wife plays too, so I'm good to go! We play together once or twice a week.

I'm pretty lucky. My wife likes golf. She plays in her own league on Weds nights. She likes to go on golf trips(like THP Outings). She joined a course with me during most of the year plays a minimum of 3 times a week.

I usually only play 2 times a week. Once is during the week. My wife, 4 year old son, and 1 year old son almost always go with me. I take this time to work on my game some as my 4 year old hits a bunch. I also will play one time during the weekend. they are not allowed to go when I play in the "money" groups. She doesn't hassle me too much about it. Before we had kids I would play 4+ times a week and she didn't like that real well.

Part of the deal when we got together, along with numerous other little hobbies, lol. I try not to abuse it and it's only right to go out of my way here and there for her being the wonderful person she is. It's always a two way street.

My wife is the person who got me into golf. She thinks I'm now addicted. She does care how much I do golf. With an 18 month old at home, and another arriving in March, I have to be courteous with how much I golf.

because you spend the monthly grocery $$$ on 1 club every other week hehe

Is that so wrong? PB&J sammies for a few weeks won't kill the kids!

Golf literally pulled me out of a depression, its allowed me to be me again, because of that my wife is perfectly fine with me playing, She's a special woman!

I need to be careful because I am sure my wife will read this. :beat-up: Mrs. Whozat was supportive because she knows I enjoy the game and it a good chance to get rid of some stress. She never seemed to like or understand the amount of time the game takes or why I spend so much on THP. Then she went to the Morgan Cup. Since then she has joined the site, become a member of the Albatross Club, requested I get her some clubs, planned our trip to the Iowa Tour Van stop and is currently planning our trip to the 2013 Outing.

My wife does not play, but does not mind when I play at all. Actually, if it is nice out she tells me to go, if I have the time.

Before our first child was born a year and a half ago, my wife could care less how much I played and actually liked the fact that I was gone from the house because "she gets more done when I am gone".
That changed a bit since the boy came along. I am lucky to get to go to the range once a week and play a round on the weekends. But that is my choice, not due to her complaining about me being gone or the money it costs.

Is that so wrong? PB&J sammies for a few weeks won't kill the kids!

You'd have more money for golf and be taking less money from the grocery budget if you would make them yourself! haha

Golf literally pulled me out of a depression, its allowed me to be me again, because of that my wife is perfectly fine with me playing, She's a special woman!

I don't go into great detail about things, but I was in the same boat. I was in a very bad place in my life when I picked up golf again. This site literally saved me. My wife still does not understand lol

My wife loves to play golf and is pretty cool with me playing with my buddies...

My gf is okay with it but would prefer I go out in the mornings on the weekend so the entire day isn't wasted. There is some tension when extended playing time builds up certain weeks but nothing that is an issue

My wife is 100% fine with golf and let's me play whenever I get the chance. She doesn't golf much herself but I have taken her to the driving range a few times. She understands it is something I like to do and I have no problem letting her go or do things she likes. Obviously if I spent all my time doing it there might be a problem, but it is give and take.

Shes all for it. She encourged me to do the Outing, is all about me doing both the Outing and Morgan Cup (if selected), and she wants to see me make my golfing goals. She never stops me from going to the course or going to practice. Doesn't care if I purchase equipment and sometimes likes to go to the course with me and just walk along with me to watch me practice my craft and passion. She really really supports me because she knows how happy and how much golf means to me. I really consider myself very lucky to have someone in my life who supports it as much as she does!

We have only had 1 fight about me playing golf in 8 years of marriage and 3 years together before that. I consider that a success.

Back