Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of the problem is that sports fans sometimes believe these "expert commentators" actually know what they are talking about. Some do, most don't. All they are doing is playing a guessing game for ratings. If it is important enough to know how things are going, you need to dig up your own stats, and information, and go with that. :comp:

Well said Prov.

George Sherrills first appearance with the Dodgers tonight was interesting. Came out with 2 on, struck out 2, loaded the bases and then struck out the third man.

I cant believe Peavy is finally out of the NL West. :banana:

he Mariners have traded left-handed pitcher Jarrod Washburn to the Detroit Tigers for rookie left-hander Luke French and pitching prospect Mauricio Robles.

With the way Jarrod has been pitching this year, I'm not surprised that someone was after him for the stretch. It's just a short-term rental, since he goes free agent at the end of the year. Hopefully it works out for the Tigers, I would love to see my high school buddy get a second ring.

If the 2003 drug test was supposed to be private, why were there any names at all? Shouldn't it just have been 500 guys randomly peeing into cups? Never knowing who was who. If I was a player and I was told it was to be private, I would have never put my name on a sample.

If the 2003 drug test was supposed to be private, why were there any names at all? Shouldn't it just have been 500 guys randomly peeing into cups? Never knowing who was who. If I was a player and I was told it was to be private, I would have never put my name on a sample.

If I were MLB, I would deny all credentials to the reporters who released the names until they turn over their source.

The Rays really roughed up the Royals and Greinke today. He is now 10-7 and although he still has a great ERA, he looks beatable each time out. I think Gasman's prediction that barring injury he or Halladay were a lock for the Cy Young may not come true...hehe

The Rays really roughed up the Royals and Greinke today. He is now 10-7 and although he still has a great ERA, he looks beatable each time out. I think Gasman's prediction that barring injury he or Halladay were a lock for the Cy Young may not come true...hehe
I didn't get to watch the game, see the rant of the day thread, but Greinke doesn't get any run support*. The fact is the Royals suck, no matter how well he throws he is beatable every time out because if the opponent can throw a couple of runs on the board the Royals lose.:banghead:

*I'm not sure about today's game, I haven't looked at the score*

He did not pitch well today.

I still think Halladay will get it. Its hard to say if they go for ERA or wins this year.

Right now I think it goes with Beckett or Verlander.

I think Joe Nathan will get some consideration as well. His ERA is around 1 and half and has almost 30 saves. Washburn will get some votes as well.

Relievers will not win the Cy Young without something amazing in the AL, just like pitchers will not win the MVP

I would agree with Beckett or Verlander...I wonder if the non-trade of Halladay will have a negative effect on him the rest of the season...kind of take the wind out of him...he probably was excited about entering a pennant race and it got taken away from him...last start was 7 IP, 11 hits, only 3 runs...see what happens

Relievers will not win the Cy Young without something amazing in the AL, just like pitchers will not win the MVP

Its not unheard of, a couple of the greats have done it the AL, Eckersley and Rollie Fingers did it. I dont think Nathan will win it, but he will get some votes.

Baseball's huge week. We got Rays vs Sox, and then Yankees vs Sox. Could be big for some of these teams.

this could be Smoltz' last start or 2 unless he shows something better than he has been...he has to avoid that big inning and personally I don't see that happening against the Yankees...

this could be Smoltz' last start or 2 unless he shows something better than he has been...he has to avoid that big inning and personally I don't see that happening against the Yankees...

I agree - The Yank's are going to rip the cover off of Smoltz fastball.:banghead:

This is a tough week for the Sox - 2 in Tampa and 4 in the Bronx. I can't believe I'm going to say this but - a split in both series wouldn't be a bad thing!

Baseball's huge week. We got Rays vs Sox, and then Yankees vs Sox. Could be big for some of these teams.

Im kind of excited for the Yankees/Sox, it seems like it has been a while. There are a couple of potential playoff match ups as well, Phillies/ Rockies and Angels/White Sox.

I fell asleep during the eighth inning of the Dodger game last night and missed all of the drama, tonight should be interesting. This is the third time Fielder has picked a fight with us, once with Kent and once with Martin. Im thinking the dude has some serious roid rage.

I found some good Yankees pictures. :act-up:
Spoiler

yanksfunny2.jpg

gay_baseball_players-12405.jpg

pride-of-the-yankees.jpg

Funny+pic+of+a+baseball+player+smashing+into+another+outfielder+against+the+wall.jpg

The Twins just picked up Carl Povano for a player to be named later. Lets hope he doesnt hurt himself getting to the airport.

Remember when Rios was touted as the next Carlos Beltran type player a few years back. The guy is good but he never lived up to his hype. Maybe it will click for him in Chicago.

It better at 9 million tied up for the next few years. He and Peavy. Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back