Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

During league last night I ad. Chance to hit the 3w one time. Hole 7 500 yd par 5. Wind in the face I hit my drive dead center about 240 which was good for the wind I thought. Gt to my ball and pull te 3w. I just laced it! A mid flight that stayed below the top of the trees again middle of the fwy. Get to my ball and I'm 30 yards out! I really love hitting these from the fwy. From the rough te hybrids cut through the grass better. Do I have to say again how much te PX 5.5 shafts it my swing. Probably not. But man do they! Lol

Great stuff P4B and Tmex. I enjoyed reading those follow-ups.

Cookie, they really do look great at address.

Great stuff P4B and Tmex. I enjoyed reading those follow-ups.

Cookie, they really do look great at address.

Thanks Biggsy!

Does anyone out there have any experiance with the J40 hybrids in comparison to the I20, VR Pro, or TM Rescue 11?

After gaming J40 irons I am now sold on Bridgestone clubs. I have hit the others but not the J40 hybrid.

Hey BB, I think out of all of those I'd put the J40 right behind the i20 as far easeof use. The VR Pro is a nice hybrid and so is the Rescue 11 but I find them to be a bit tougher on a bad swing.

I love the J40 hybrid but it seems like its definitely not the most forgiving hybrid I've hit and when i miss its my big sweeping hook or it goes right. My misses arent that often and I favor a right side of the course miss more often than that sweeping hook.

Tmex you're seeing a big hook with these? Do you think it's the head, the shaft, or just you.

Tmex you're seeing a big hook with these? Do you think it's the head, the shaft, or just you.

Just me my friend. Its much less than i do with other hybrids though which i thnk is a combo of the shaft and the head.

I just find with I hit it fat or thin, it's definitely not as forgiving as my other hybrids. As with most of the J40 line, I think you really have to have a consistent swing to maximize the benefits of the clubs.

Just me my friend. Its much less than i do with other hybrids though which i thnk is a combo of the shaft and the head.

I just find with I hit it fat or thin, it's definitely not as forgiving as my other hybrids. As with most of the J40 line, I think you really have to have a consistent swing to maximize the benefits of the clubs.

thanks boski.
I think the hybrid has surprised me the most out of everything in the bag so far. Probably because I did not know what to expect.

thanks boski.
I think the hybrid has surprised me the most out of everything in the bag so far. Probably because I did not know what to expect.

It's a beast Dean. On a well struck shot, a rocket like shotline that just pierces the skyline. Its sick. You ever think that maybe a higher ballflight shaft would have been fun to try with them?

It's a beast Dean. On a well struck shot, a rocket like shotline that just pierces the skyline. Its sick. You ever think that maybe a higher ballflight shaft would have been fun to try with them?

I would love to try these with the VTS red and see what occurs.

Same here! love the silver but it got me thinking the other day when i started off my bucket, hitting low stingers... maybe a higher lauching, higher ballflight shaft would help on the misses? I dont know, I 'm really happy with everything in my bag so not sure i'd make a switch. But would love to see.

Same here! love the silver but it got me thinking the other day when i started off my bucket, hitting low stingers... maybe a higher lauching, higher ballflight shaft would help on the misses? I dont know, I 'm really happy with everything in my bag so not sure i'd make a switch. But would love to see.

yeah I'd love to try it with a high ball flight shaft, but I'm pretty happy with the Silver shaft in it.
The hybrids are the least of my worries. That dang 4 wood though has just been a battle for me.

yeah I'd love to try it with a high ball flight shaft, but I'm pretty happy with the Silver shaft in it.
The hybrids are the least of my worries. That dang 4 wood though has just been a battle for me.

Dang Deano I wish I could help. I'm hitting these better than the FW's I had last year! Shaft maybe? I'm shorter swinging (haha0 with the woods and find it helps make better contact and I'm just ripping them.

Dang Deano I wish I could help. I'm hitting these better than the FW's I had last year! Shaft maybe? I'm shorter swinging (haha0 with the woods and find it helps make better contact and I'm just ripping them.

I'm determined to conquer it. It's just kind of funny because over the last year I became pretty good with the 3 wood. Last night I had a 210 approach to a par 4 uphill so it played more like 220. Took out the 4 wood and absolutely crushed it. Only problem was that it was just about 5 feet left of the green and on this hole that's a no-no because everything kicks to the bottom of the hill. But the distance would have been perfect. That left me feeling alright, at least I got distance out of it.

I'm determined to conquer it. It's just kind of funny because over the last year I became pretty good with the 3 wood. Last night I had a 210 approach to a par 4 uphill so it played more like 220. Took out the 4 wood and absolutely crushed it. Only problem was that it was just about 5 feet left of the green and on this hole that's a no-no because everything kicks to the bottom of the hill. But the distance would have been perfect. That left me feeling alright, at least I got distance out of it.

Thats a helluva shot Dean. That's what you need to build on.

Thats a helluva shot Dean. That's what you need to build on.

it might have been the first real solid one that I have hit. The distance there was similar to my other 3w's, which was nice. Positive thoughts

it might have been the first real solid one that I have hit. The distance there was similar to my other 3w's, which was nice. Positive thoughts

Yessir. Good distance with that club man.

I had my best day yet with the hybrids on Sunday. I was 2/2 on hitting GIR's with the 4h. Both shots were right around 200 yards out and both landed very soft w/ very little roll out. I was suprised by how soft they landed as one was to an elevated green. Also used the 3 hybrid of the tee and found the middle of the fairway. I think I have the right shaft and the results today give me a ton of confidence. Ball flight was very straight which is what I am looking for. Never felt like I was going to hook the ball as I did on ocasion w/ my previous hybrids. Only concern right now is if I am going to get enough of a distance gap between the 3h and 4h or if I may have been better off going 2h and 4h.

I had my best day yet with the hybrids on Sunday. I was 2/2 on hitting GIR's with the 4h. Both shots were right around 200 yards out and both landed very soft w/ very little roll out. I was suprised by how soft they landed as one was to an elevated green. Also used the 3 hybrid of the tee and found the middle of the fairway. I think I have the right shaft and the results today give me a ton of confidence. Ball flight was very straight which is what I am looking for. Never felt like I was going to hook the ball as I did on ocasion w/ my previous hybrids. Only concern right now is if I am going to get enough of a distance gap between the 3h and 4h or if I may have been better off going 2h and 4h.

Good stuff here man! I actually have really good gapping from the 3H to the 4W, probably about 15 yards on average. You seeing a bigger gap than that?

Good stuff here man! I actually have really good gapping from the 3H to the 4W, probably about 15 yards on average. You seeing a bigger gap than that?

hehe I hit my 3h further than my 4w.
Actually things got better over the weekend with the 4w. I was finally seeing what I would consider almost proper distance.

No issues with the gapping between the 4-wood and the 3h. I need to spend some more time with them but I am not seeing much difference between the 3h and the 4h at the moment.

No issues with the gapping between the 4-wood and the 3h. I need to spend some more time with them but I am not seeing much difference between the 3h and the 4h at the moment.

Gotcha, I mentioned the 3H and 4W gapping because it seems as if there was not an issue with that gapping then the 2H would likely be too close to what you are seeing in the 4W from a distance perspective.

Gotcha, I mentioned the 3H and 4W gapping because it seems as if there was not an issue with that gapping then the 2H would likely be too close to what you are seeing in the 4W from a distance perspective.

Makes sense. I am curious to see what the gap would be. I am hitting the irons and hybrids very well right now. I have lost some distance w/ the driver and 4-wood in favor of being more accurate. My home course dosen't give me many opportunites to use the 4-wood (in fact I never pulled it out of my bag yesterday), but I am expecting it to come in handy at the MC.

I wish I remembered my scorecard from the other day as I had a bunch of notes written down... But here is alittle synopsis... I was right all day with everything! I still managed to keep the ball in play and honestly, had I not had the set up I had, there would be no way I would be typing this. Being shorter off the tee (because of club selection) has its advantages. Sure you have a longer shot into the green but not being OB or still being in the fairway is a huge advantage.

I'll pick one club for a spotlight piece because I have so many FW's haha. The 5w. I had some really awkward shots into greens from about 240 out and the 5w was my savior! Off the turf this club is easy. Really nice higher ball flight that rewards me with a soft bounce into the green. I don't get a lot of roll out on the fairway but its a fair trade off because the ball just doesn't move off its line.

Jeez 240 and high sounds nice to me, Tmex.

240 5W is beastly. I average 215 or so with the 4W and have not hit it any further than 230 or so.

Yoccos - what are you seeing from the 3+ off the deck? Or is it tee only for you primarily?

Back