The Quit Smoking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked over every page and it was cool to see your progress today Seth and Cool! Keep going guys!

Awesome job SethO, I've been free and clear of NIcotine for well over a year now and I don't even think about it anymore to be honest.

Wow! Congrats to you man! Quitting is the best way to stay handsome (as well as exercise). I am glad to hear that you don't think about it much. Dad says that Grandpa suffered for a year when he quit.

Congrats Seth!

Thanks bro!

Great job Seth, congratulations. Go make yourself puke!

It will taste good the second time too. I have thrown up from eating too much sushi before.

Way to go SethO!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

Thanks Nola!

Just looked over every page and it was cool to see your progress today Seth and Cool! Keep going guys!

Thanks Nate. It has been a long road for me, but I finally got there.

Great job CB, and Seth! That will help keep you guys around a bit longer, and that is a good thing.

Great job CB, and Seth! That will help keep you guys around a bit longer, and that is a good thing.

Thanks Anthony! I feel better for sure. My body doesn't hate me after a day of playing golf.

That is a great accomplishment.. Now for another 6 months!

Best of luck to you, Seth! It sounds like a good plan for an avid golfer to motivate themselves with.

That is a great accomplishment.. Now for another 6 months!

Thanks man! I am thinking I might buy myself a new car if I go another 6 months.

Best of luck to you, Seth! It sounds like a good plan for an avid golfer to motivate themselves with.

Thanks dAS0. I have actually gone 6 months now cold turkey! Motivation definitely helps.

Congrats Seth! :thumb: Quitting smoking is tough, but definitely worth it.

Congrats SethO! I quit back in early December myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I am thinking I might buy myself a new car if I go another 6 months.

With the money you've saved, you'll even be able to pay for it, too!! :banana:

Great job! We knew you could do it.

Congrats SethO!!! I hope i make ti to 6 months but that is still a road for my as I am only at the two week mark.

I am digging this one up because today is a great day for me! I have officially gone 6 months without any form of nicotine! I never thought I would make it to be honest. I think I am going to treat myself to some sushi tonight.

:clapp: sushi it is!!!

Wow, congrats Seth!

Congrats

Congrats Setho I'm so proud of you & happy for you! First round of sushi when we see each other next is on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't regret much in life, I feel you learn from our mistakes, and they make you a better person. The one thing I do regret is the first day I tried a cigarette. On and off now for 20 years, it's been the hardest habit I ever had to break, for the past 3 months I have been smoke free, I consider every day a step forward.

For me the two times I want a smoke most is if I am out and having a few drinks or on the golf course, so those times are the hardest.

I wish I had the your will power to quit completely. I can go for days without, no problem, but as soon as I partake in adult beverages, I lite up. I used to lite up on the course adult beverages or not, but even that doesn't bother me anymore. I generally partake of adult beverages once a week and always a pack of chokes on hand.

Best of luck to you!

Way to go Seth!!!

WTG SethO! Proud of you my friend.

TapAhoy!

After reading through much of this thread, I'm going to give up this terrible habit as well. I've been a pack a day smoker for about 8 years now, started at 14. Today was day one. It all was going really well and I had only half of a cigarette up until about 1:30, when I finished lunch. That's when the cravings began, and unfortunately I work with about 4 other smokers, which only makes it harder. All in all I had four cigs today. Gonna cut it down to 2 tomorrow and so forth. I have even devised a plan about treating myself to new wedges after enough days of not buying a pack. Look for a WTB thread starting in the next couple weeks. ;)

Holy crap day one is almost over and I'm ready to chew my fingers off. If I can kick this I deserve some aerotech's. Wish I could go to sleep so can start over tomorrow

Holy crap day one is almost over and I'm ready to chew my fingers off. If I can kick this I deserve some aerotech's. Wish I could go to sleep so can start over tomorrow
Keep the faith. June 15th was Quit day for me. Thirty six years smoking and this is the longest I have gone without any cheating or backslides. I've only killed three people, but they will never find the bodies :at-wits-end: Every day is a struggle, but I remind myself that I'm adding days to my life so my daughter and I can keep playing golf together.

For those thinking about quitting, see your doctor about trying Chantix, have a plan and keep trying. For those youngsters out there who think they can quit whenever, I thought the same thing in 1976.

Congrats to all who have and are quitting. Keep up the good work.

J.

I quit just shy of 4 years ago after many aborted attempts over 20+ years. As encouragement, it gets easier. The first month is crazy hard but they get steadily easier. Now, I can hardly even recall ever smoking. Although that could be age.

Congrats to Seth and to every one who makes it one day at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back