What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another really crappy day for me,,,hit a few great shots but just as many really crappy one....my day was a tale of a couple of blowup holes surrounded by some decent holes....I had 2 triples, a double, 3 bogeys, 2 pars and a birdie on the front for a 46, then had a quad, a double, 4 bogeys and 3 pars fro 46 on the back....for an ugly 92.

I just need to eliminate the blowup holes :angry:

Another really crappy day for me,,,hit a few great shots but just as many really crappy one....my day was a tale of a couple of blowup holes surrounded by some decent holes....I had 2 triples, a double, 3 bogeys, 2 pars and a birdie on the front for a 46, then had a quad, a double, 4 bogeys and 3 pars fro 46 on the back....for an ugly 92.

My day was similar tim. I hit some great shots but scored terribly. A lot of it was conditions. It was 38 degrees when we tee'd off so there was a layer of frost on the greens and when it melted the greens were sooooo slow and very wet. Tough day but I came away with a positive look on it

Tapa Slice

+9 today... it was terrible
one of the slowest rounds in a long time
bogey every hole and wait 20mins for every shot ugggh

85 at James River CC, hit 4 fairways and 1 green. First round in 4 months, was a scramble all day.

Good to see you getting out Craig. I shot 85 today too, best round in months.

40 on the front and 41 on the back for an 81 with 33 putts

Shot 81 (38/43) yesterday, a tale of two nines.

Shot 87 at Chambers Bay this morning at the NW get together. Hit the ball well but the greens, and area surrounding the greens, we're very tough. I had 40 putts, yes FORTY! We played a second 18 as a 2 man best ball shamble so I'm not sure what I shot. It was a beautiful day and an AMAZING course.

Here is a pic of the Par 3 9th, down hill quite a bit.
43a8d371-2c30-ca5a.jpg

Here is a pic of a DEEP fairway bunker on the 18th hole. Of course I hit into it. It is like 10 feet deep and 100 yards from the green. The green is to the right of this picture and uphill quite a bit.
43a8d371-2ce6-bffa.jpg

Sounds a bit like me Tim...we had a 2 man best ball tournament yesterday, and I shot 88 on my own ball...with 2 birdies, and a ton of pars. Took an 8 on 17, and a couple of doubles that weren't really necessary, and that adds up quickly. :banghead:

Shot 81 (38/43) yesterday, a tale of two nines.

Shot 87 at Chambers Bay this morning at the NW get together. Hit the ball well but the greens, and area surrounding the greens, we're very tough. I had 40 putts, yes FORTY! We played a second 18 as a 2 man best ball shamble so I'm not sure what I shot. It was a beautiful day and an AMAZING course.

Here is a pic of the Par 3 9th, down hill quite a bit.
43a8d371-2c30-ca5a.jpg

Here is a pic of a DEEP fairway bunker on the 18th hole. Of course I hit into it. It is like 10 feet deep and 100 yards from the green. The green is to the right of this picture and uphill quite a bit.
43a8d371-2ce6-bffa.jpg
Glad the weather held for you guys...looks pretty awesome there. I'd like to make an outing like that.

Well, I had quite an experience yesterday.

6 straight pars, a bogey, then immediately a birdie, and a par to finish the front nine at even par. On the first par three, my ball was on line the entire way, landed about a foot past the hole and just a touch left, but rolled out.. I thought for a half second that I was going get my first ace.. Unreal.

+1 after 10.
+2 after 13.

...and then the 17th hole came along.

I hit a fantastic 8 iron that got caught up in the wind a bit and struck the bank directly in front of the green, splash. +4.

...and then the 18th hole came along.

Hit a solid drive, and put a baby draw on a 7 iron the just continued to leak. Hit the bank to the left side of the green. +6.

So a 36-42 78, but man was I ever pleased with the way I struck the ball. I burned at LEAST 6 cups for birdie.. Just couldn't convince them to fall. I will shoot par or better this year!!! I WILL!!!!

Yesterday....+1 on the front and +11 on the back....LOL! If I could combine my Fri/Sat rounds together and combine 9's, I would of had a 74 one round and 90 the other. LOL!

Hit a 71 yesterday (par 65) and won the medal at my local club! Absolutely delighted!:act-up: And also got cut to 8.8!

First time out this year and shot 105 (53/52) with 33 putts and 7 penalties. Really struggled off the tee for the most part today which meant a lot of penalties and pinch outs which added a lot of extra shots. Tee shots were mostly high, short and way right especially with the driver or FW. Finally swallowed some pride and went to using only hybrids off the tee which led to more fairways but put too much pressure on my second shots since i was shorter than when using a driver or FW. Way too many big numbers on the card today. Didn't have a lot of touch or feel with my wedges that I seemed to have yesterday when practicing too. Probably only played 7 holes well and was just terrible on par 4's today. still wasting a lot of shots from 125 and in and when I do hit the green I'm nowhere near the pin and always have a super long putt so I rarely have the chance for a worthwhile 1 putt. Putting was very good where I was around the cup and burning edges all day but couldn't get anything to drop when I needed it the most so hopefully that just more of a directional thing that needs fixing

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Canadan, some solid results, there. I'd definitely rather have a couple rough holes than consistent but "too high" each time. This morning on my first nine I had two pars, six bogeys ... and one triple. I much happier than I'd have been with three doubles, even though the score would be the same. Three doubles would have been a pattern, but one triple is an anomaly (worst of all, it was on a par three that I was 5 yards off the green with my tee shot -- darn short game!). It could have been even better -- three times my par puts stopped six inches short of the hole. Greens were just aerated two days ago, still bouncy as hell, and I didn't adjust. The highlight of the nine was a 271 yard drive on a par 5 -- my first ever 270 yard drive!! (usually in the 220-240 range this year, which is 10-20 better than last year).

Went so well I decided to repeat the nine hole course, but by then it was busy, with a 30 minute wait, took me 40minutes longer to complete the 2nd nine, and shot a 49 (so Nate, I know what mismatched nines feel like!!). SKulled four tee shots, the worst driving round of the year. Still, brought my handicap down one point.

Hanks -- you'll get 'em next time. My first two nines this year were 52 and 54. Then my second two were 43 and 42. You just need to get warmed up (literally and figuratively.)

Last edited:
Front 9 it was a lot, back 9 it was a lot more for a soul crushing 90

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Hanks -- you'll get 'em next time. My first two nines this year were 52 and 54. Then my second two were 43 and 42. You just need to get warmed up (literally and figuratively.)

I wish it was that easy. I just need a new swing that I can feel comfortable with again when on the tee box. I've got some time to get it sorted out though

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I really need to focus on iron shots, if I could hit greens and get rid of the 1 or 2 blow up holes I may get some where.
Screenshot2012-04-08at34730PM.png

92 from 6573 yards yesterday. Felt like I was good off the tee aside from a hybrid I lost in the trees. Did well with a wedge in my hands, but irons weren't sharp and couldn't drop anything to save par or bogey. A couple blow up holes. Otherwise, felt pretty ok about things. Could have been better, but could have been worse lol.

One a side note, I played match play against a better player and it was fun to have a little something on the line. He worked me, but I won a couple holes. The difference really showed on the greens. We were always close when it came to wedges, but he just dropped everything that I didn't.

I really need to focus on iron shots, if I could hit greens and get rid of the 1 or 2 blow up holes I may get some where.
I feel ya. I felt like I was playing out of my socks today, and really kind of was. Too bad I had THREE 3-jacks on the front nine and a lost ball 6 on a par three on the back. Finished with an 86 and wonder what it could have been. :beat-up:

I feel ya. I felt like I was playing out of my socks today, and really kind of was. Too bad I had THREE 3-jacks on the front nine and a lost ball 6 on a par three on the back. Finished with an 86 and wonder what it could have been. :beat-up:

I hear ya, 2 triples, a quad and 4 doubles just stinks. Back to the range and using my alignment sticks.

43-42 = 85 on a par 72, 70.4/128. The day started out horribly with a 9 on a par 5! However, this round was a better match play round than a medal play round, if that makes sense, because 3 of my holes accounted for +8 (quad on #1 and 2 double bogeys on the back), so I was +5 for the other 15 holes. My short game and putter saved me a good bit on the front side, and then my ballstriking got better as the round went along. Stats were 9/13 FIR, 7/18 GIR, and 30 putts. I actually hit the last 8 fairways in a row! Also, the weather was pretty cold today, all of us were having trouble feeling our hands at times today. My last 2 rounds have been trending in the right direction, can't wait for the weather to get warmer up here.

Shot an 80 today with 35 putts. Was my first time playing at this course and left some shots out there. 2 drives OB and some poor putts, but irons were treating me well today. It was my first time here at Coyote Creek, 6200 yards from the blues at 130 slope. Not many people out today so only had to wait on one hole, who let me play through on the next hole. Overall, a good day of golf.

When I left the course today, Jacqui had taken 26 shots on the first 6 holes. Par to that point is 24. Really interested to hear how she finished up. She's playing the forward tees after playing the regular tees all winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back