Iron shaft weight range, what is yours?

Since the tour 90s Ive migrated to lighter weight shafts

120-130 gram seem to suit my swing the best and keep me in tempo especially when the nerves creep in

< 100 for me. I'm playing 87 right now in my recoils, which is what I was fit to. The fitter said with my swing speed I could go heavy or light. The lighter just felt better and dispersion was better as well. I hit some solid shots with heavier shafts, but had some bigger misses as well.

I have been playing 130 gram shafts the past two seasons. I feel really comfortable playing these shafts and enjoy them even more in my wedges. Definitely helps with tempo. I am testing a lighter 125 gram shaft in my PM grind. So far so good!

I currently have a heavier 130g in my irons right now. I used to have a lighter shaft installed. what i have noticed is I have a tendency to lose the club head on top. with a heavier shaft I have more control at the top of the swing.

I've been playing sub 100 for a about a season and a half and don't expect to change anytime soon.

100 to 110 grams is good with me.

Just went through a fitting, and would say 80-100. Specifically the Recoil 95. But I could play the 680 or 780.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have played 95g up to 130g over the past 4 seasons. I would like to think 120g is the sweetspot. But in reality, I could learn to make a lighter shaft work.

I used to swear by iron shafts in heavier weights, helping to "smooth" my swing. Thankfully, I was able to get away from that. Now? Generally speaking, I play iron shafts around, or under, 110 grams raw weight. I haven't gone sub-100, yet, but am contemplating a re-shaft in a 95 gram shaft.

I'm not sure what my favorite range is I play a 120g shaft because that's what I was fit into. Haven't wanted to tinker with that.

To be honest i dont really think about my shaft weights, im not that up with the play and dont get to try many out so cant really say.

At the moment i play DG Pro shafts in my irons and according to the TT website they are 122.5-118.
My news irons that are coming have the KBS shafts, not sure if they are tour or tour V. So the weight range will be similar i think.

I've played from 85 to 105 recently, and I would say middle ground 95, seems just about right for me.

Have played everywhere from around 100g in KBS Tour 90 to 120g in KBS Tour. I've found I like the lighter area better, around 105-110 has given me the most success.

As far as composite, I haven't experimented too much, but really like the feel and balance of Recoil 95 and Steelfiber i95. So I suspect I could go lighter than the corresponding steel shaft in composites, due to the better control over flex characteristics - and probably pick up a little speed to boot.

Iv tried 115-130 I'm in 130x c tapers at the moment really helps with me fast transition crazy spin and moon balls!

I think I should have maybe gone with the s+ looking back but they are really doing the job so far

120ish for me. Had lighter shafts in the tour 90 but I felt like I was a little too quick with them.

I can have success with anything from 100-130 and haven't experimented enough to know anything more specific than that.

I don't know what I had before, but mine are 95g now. I always answer "light" on fitting questions, but I'd totally be open to trying something heavier.

Just plugged 130g into heads for this shaft review, look out.

Just plugged 130g into heads for this shaft review, look out.
And here I am pondering going sub 100g again.

Hahahahaha

I had XP 115s in the 850Fs and now have XP 95s in the CF 16s and I really don't see a noticeable difference. Both shafts felt good with the respective irons they were in. I'm considering upgrading to a premium shaft set, but I'm going to game them as is for a bit first.

I may be following Jman around in Florida to play out of his bag..want in on the action??
Nope, he plays heavy shafts and stuff like that.

Back