Most of the guys on Tour I see are so worried about how their hair looks when they take off their cap, that the first thing they do is comb through their sweaty hair with their hand.

After the sweaty handshake it's usually to the car to change shoes & dump clubs then into the clubhouse to wash up before the beer/food anyways. No biggie here

Hand shake, after removing hat. Then drop clubs off, head to the sink to wash up.
Fist bump is a perfectly acceptable alternative.
My hand is no cleaner than the hands of my partners, so it is no big deal.

I shake hands with everyone who offers their hand, fist bumps are fairly common too. I always wash my hands after a round or either use a sanitizer so I just don't put my hand near my face until I have cleaned my hands.

On a side note I remember spending 2 weeks in the field during AIT just after basic training and cleanliness was not something that was worried about.

Not something I've ever thought about. I take my cap off and shake hands, it always feels good to do especially after enjoying 18 holes with someone/everyone. I can think of many worse things to be doing than 18 holes of golf Sony gratitude goes directly to my playing partners afterward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy solution.
Fist Bump.
Since my first THP event I remember reading that you're not a huge fan of hand shakes, I'm not either I've always enjoyed the fist bump since then. Easy fix.

I watch want the guys I play with do during the round and will avoid the handshake if necessary

I love the sweaty germ infested hand shake. Doesn't bother me one bit, but I have no issues with a fist bump or solid head nod.

I've never had a playing partner who's done that, but for those of you who say you've never seen it... Watch the end of a professional round on TV. I see them do this ALL the time. And I have the same reaction. GROSS. But if (fill in your favorite pro players here) wiped his sweaty head and stuck his hand out to shake my hand after a round, I'd shake his hand vigorously and graciously thank him for the round. Then wipe my hand on my golf towel, then go wash my hand.

For friendly rounds I always shake hands with anyone I got paired up with and say "nice playing with you".

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Everybody is dirty at that point after the round so shake away.

I shake hands but fist bump THP leadership

Swab your cell phone, then swab your playing partner's sweaty hand, and run the tests to see which is worse. Heck, swab your toilet seat vs. your cell phone...

shake away! :)

Back