The best shot of the round

Was just a lay-up on a par 5, but I hit a 5i which was just perfect. I doubt if I’ve ever hit a ball that well. It flew of the sweet spot, with a height and distance I can normally only dream of. Why can’t I do that more often? It’s shots like these that keep me addicted.

Played indian canyon north two weeks ago (first time in palm springs), finishing on 18-managed to hit the green on my third shot over water. It's always that "shot" that keeps you coming back.

Playing my match against Nate on Friday we came up to #7 and I was 4dn and had to make a move. It was a dog leg left that required a draw or a straight shot over some bunkers sitting at 230 from the tee. A quick laser and it was a 238 to carry and my best is 225.

I step up and stripe my drive right on my line and just hoped that I got enough of it to carry & I did. Flew the bunkers and after the generous "Texas Roll" it settled at a 295 yd drive. Ill be the first to dismiss the roll, but was happy that I carried the bunkers bc my average carry was less than that.

460 yard par 4. Uphill tee shot followed by an extremely uphill second shot. Hit a nice drive to about 250. Left with 210 to the pin uphill. Pulled heavenwood and hit a bomb. Started at the flag and just turned over. Pin high to about 20 feet. 2-putt par.

Best shot was a recovery from my worst shot, absolutely duffed my drive trying to reach a borderline reachable par 4, but it grabbed tall grass and only went about 30yrds. Thankfully had a decent lie, pulled my 3h to just try and get close and to avoid the water right. Absolutely smoked it with a nice baby draw about 220yrds, landed just short of the green and crawled its way onto the front, 2 putted for par.

Give me 10 more tries and I wouldn't have hit one nearly that well, but give me 10 more tries at the drive and I wouldn't hit one nearly that bad. Golf karma exists!

eagle%20shot%20215_zpstpkih3wo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Stuck a 224 yard 4 Iron to 3 feet for eagle at Southern Hills in Brooksville Fl. That's my ball to the left. One of those shots that you couldn't believe you just hit.
Shot 79.

6 iron from 179 over water to 5'.

Missed the birdie putt like a champ.

My best shot came off the tee on a 257 yard par 4. I drove the green, which is very good for me. (the 3 jack for par was not good).

209 to green with an uphill lie on the second hole par 5. Ball was sitting like it was on a tee and the wind behind me. Hit 5h to 2ish feet and made the eagle.
c73792f832ebbdccaeda2fbd8f57bca1.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I can't choose between the 158 yard 7 iron to about 18 inches, or the 228 yard 4W to mid-green, pin high, about 17 feet away.
Oh, there was also a chip shot that was about 60 feet, broke about 10 feet hard hard, slammed the pin and went in for birdie.

#GoodShotMonday

I can't choose between the 158 yard 7 iron to about 18 inches, or the 228 yard 4W to mid-green, pin high, about 17 feet away.
Oh, there was also a chip shot that was about 60 feet, broke about 10 feet hard hard, slammed the pin and went in for birdie.

#GoodShotMonday
Gotta go with the chip on #1. You played it perfectly.

I think my best shot of the round was the choked down easy 7 from about 125. I didn't have the right club and didn't feel like traversing to the other side of the fairway so I just adapted. Hit it just short of the green and it rolled to about 2 feet of the cup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Par 3 9i 135ish yds over left bunker to left back pin to about 3-4 feet, sank birdie putt.

At Twin Creeks in Allen, TX. 14th hole, a short par 4 292 yards. 58* wedge from 67 yards rattled the pin and went in the hole for an eagle. First eagle in quite some time.

3370156e90b305e114175d9c0cf944b6.jpg

PW from 140 that I just missed dunking for a HIO.

Crushed a drive on the long par 5 first hole yesterday and had 262 left to a back pin. I had to carry it over a little pond about 220 to get it over. Smoked a XR 4W and was almost pin high just left of the green. First time I've ever gotten over the water in 2. Still made par :/

Hit a 56 yard pitch shot today that took one hop and dropped into the cup on the fly for an eagle!!

Oh DAMN Tim! Nice shot buddy!

My best shot of my round yesterday was a 10 yd bunker shot on an uphill lie to 4 ft of the pin on an island green with not much to work with.

On the par 5 7th I had a nasty little lie dead on the front edge of a bunker to a green sloping away with little room to work.

Played ball in back of stance and clipped it perfectly landing in the fringe then trickling onto the green and gently progressing towards the hole before dropping for birdie.

Had my approach shot take a bad bounce and land behind the tree with low limbs. Was about 40 feet to the green and the pin about 15 feet on. My partner was chuckling, "Good luck with that", My reply, "I'm gonna grab the 8 iron, hit it firm into the small slope, let it pop up on the green and get it close" Executed it perfectly!!!!!! Left it 3 feet and made par. The look on his face was priceless!!!! :bananadance:

Today in a tourney I hit a 70 yard approach shot that stopped about a foot from the pin. Made par to boot.

a few stellar 50ish yard pitches with the 60 in either crazy tight bare lies, or patchy/dirt lies.

but my two favorites were drives. one was a hard dogleg right, blind over trees on a par 5. I hit a high gentle cut that finished 177 from the hole. perfect. then on the 391y finishing par 4 I hit driver over water and trees to 108 (I think the tees might have been a little up...). all the other shots were pretty freaking terrible though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back