Cleveland 588 RTX CB Wedge Preview

I was hoping the mystery wedges would be these! Can't wait to hear about these from the reviewers!

Industrial in look, but with the 588 feel and more forgiveness then I am game!

I just have never been able to get behind Cleveland wedges. these, i want before i have even hit them and Im not entirely sure why.

i want i want i want!

actually, i am trying to decide between these and the Ping Gorge.

Beautiful! I love my 588 wedges, and these look to be an improvement on those!

Remind me a lot of the CG16 and I hit those really well.

Interesting. The perimeter weighting that appears on this seems to be quite similar to the CG16, and something that I think will benefit a good bit of golfers. Im excited to hear more about these, as well as to see how the testing goes with the forum members.

I'm a big fan of some extra help from clubs.

Intriguing wedges here. Unfortunately I just bought some new ones and can't afford any more for a while...

good news for you though is that when mine arrive for testing we can meet up and compare to the ones you have

I'm surprised that these kept the 588 name with such a different look, but I love the idea of a little more forgiveness.

I can't wait for these. I need to replace my 48 and 52 and these should be perfect. These are the first wedges I've been excited about since the rule change. I've yet to see any at my local PGA Superstore or Golfsmith, though.

These look amazing, I can't wait to see them and try them in person!

So while going through the specs I noticed all these come with a mid-bounce. Is there a reason for that? Since these are an evolution of CG14/16 line, which had multiple bounce options it leads me to think of two reasons.

1. Inventory control.
2. Keep the bounce options simple for a wide range of players.

These are a great looking wedge. Like the mild cavity which looks to me a bit like a mix between Adams CMB and Ping's vertical stability bars on their wedges in the cavity. It still looks very Cleveland as a whole though. I really like it.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

I am looking foreword to trying the 58*

Can't wait to get one of these in my hands for some testing! I played the CG16s for most of a year and enjoyed them. Can't wait to put these up against them & my J40s.

Looking forward to hearing everybody's thoughts. I had a chance to read some information from Cleveland on these last night and it's pretty impressive. Hopefully it translates into some real-world results.

Kind of a cool picture here.

face.jpg

Man that really shows the milling out on the toe. I remember reading about why they carried the Rotex milling out on the toe, apparently I'm not the only guy who hits most of his bunker shots way out there.

Man these wedges could replace my 588's which I wasn't planning on for awhile. Can't wait to what testers think.

SW, I thought the one-bounce thing was interesting too. Not something we have seen often from Cleveland.

SW, I thought the one-bounce thing was interesting too. Not something we have seen often from Cleveland.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. With the simplicity of the dot system I wouldn't have imagined a standard bounce option across the board. That leads me to thinking it's a move to keep from having multiple options on the shelf.

Maybe it's because they are so new too. They added some options to the 588 line as time went on.

Man that really shows the milling out on the toe. I remember reading about why they carried the Rotex milling out on the toe, apparently I'm not the only guy who hits most of his bunker shots way out there.

No, you are not and I think it is brilliant. Why would you not do this if the USGA guidelines allow for it?

It is definitely something that we are beginning to see from more OEM's and I like it - simplify the game and decision making process.

Looking forward to hearing everybody's thoughts. I had a chance to read some information from Cleveland on these last night and it's pretty impressive. Hopefully it translates into some real-world results.

Kind of a cool picture here.

face.jpg

That is sick Hawk. That looks like a spin machine with those grooves.

No, you are not and I think it is brilliant. Why would you not do this if the USGA guidelines allow for it?

After thinking about it for a few minutes I can't recall a wedge with milling across the face like this. That's innovation.

I can't wait to get these in hand and put em to work. The slight grind has me curious as well, it doesn't look like a lot but just enough to be noticeable.

I think it's the C-grind that the 16's had, SW.

Back