Cleveland 588 RTX CB Wedge Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a preview of the newest wedges coming from Cleveland Golf. We also have these going out to forum members as part of a pre-release wedge testing. While there has been a small delay, they have confirmed that they will begin shipping shortly.

http://bit.ly/U17H2O

These look good, can't wait to read the testers reviews once they start getting them

Darn it. I was sold on the straight 588 in satin. Look forward to hearing the testers comment and reactions to the groove/face design.

588 performance with more forgiveness? I can get behind that in a heartbeat. I like that they kept the bounce dot system from earlier lines too. I wonder if these will use the Tour Concept shaft we saw in the 588 Forged?

Now these I like! I've really been wanting to try some new wedges, but haven't found any I really care for. These look great in the pics...I could give them a try!

Yep, I'm interested! Cant wait to hear more about this one.

Nice!! Look forward to come comparisons to the 588 line from last year

Not sure why but the look of these really appeal to me and who doesnt want more forgiveness and spin? I'll take it.

Sounds like a solid all around wedge. I have not had much experience with the Cleveland wedges so looking forward to giving this one a go. Pretty interesting tech on the milled face and how it affects open face toe shots.

I do need a new 60 . Interesting

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

This is exciting news, Cleveland wedges are always solid performers and these look like they will fit right in with the Cleveland line.

Really looking forward to see how these guys perform. Seems like a great idea.

This is exciting news, Cleveland wedges are always solid performers and these look like they will fit right in with the Cleveland line.
The CG16 was a great wedge, I personally, absolutely loved it. Appears they are going back to that style with this design, and that has me excited.

A changeup from the 588s, but it is what I expect from Cleveland; offer a full line of clubs from top to bottom, to ensure that golfers of all skill level are covered.

These certainly don't look like your typical 588s. If you removed the branding, I suspect more people would guess Ping or TM than Cleveland as the manufacturer.

I'm intrigued by the rotex milling. It will be interesting to see how it increases spin and affects control.

The testers are a lucky bunch. Looking forward to the reviews.

just went I thought Id never get rid of my current 588s...

The CG16 was a great wedge, I personally, absolutely loved it. Appears they are going back to that style with this design, and that has me excited.

A changeup from the 588s, but it is what I expect from Cleveland; offer a full line of clubs from top to bottom, to ensure that golfers of all skill level are covered.

If you go through past Cleveland releases for the last few years you will see something similar to this.

CG14 offered perimeter weighting and then CG15 was a blade style.
CG16 offered perimeter weighting and then 588 was blade style.

If you go through past Cleveland releases for the last few years you will see something similar to this.

CG14 offered perimeter weighting and then CG15 was a blade style.
CG16 offered perimeter weighting and then 588 was blade style.
Interesting. The perimeter weighting that appears on this seems to be quite similar to the CG16, and something that I think will benefit a good bit of golfers. Im excited to hear more about these, as well as to see how the testing goes with the forum members.

The Rotex series looks really good.

I still carry a CG14 50* wedge, which these remind me of very much. I am not familiar with the 588's, but as much as everyone raves about them, if these are a 588 with a touch more forgiveness, that's a pretty good start.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I look forward to the reviews of these!

Tons of buzz on the Rotex face already. I'm ready to try it out. CG16 was a nice wedge and I suspect these will be as well.

Not blown away by the looks but I do like the more spin

These look nice! Even though I am not going to part with my xFTs for a long time.

I want to hit one of the RTX wedges badly...the Rotex face looks very interesting.

Back