jjreyes

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,

So I am thinking of getting a Combo set. I was just given a set of Titleist 695 MBs. I am a 12 handicap. I currently hit Taylormade Tour Preferred MC’s. I've never hit blades before and I do not know if I am even that good to hit these blades. I am thinking of pairing them up with some 695CB's for the high irons. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm considering the same thing. I have the Taylormade MC's too and I'm thinking of picking up the MB's 7i-PW.

Hi all,

So I am thinking of getting a Combo set. I was just given a set of Titleist 695 MBs. I am a 12 handicap. I currently hit Taylormade Tour Preferred MC’s. I've never hit blades before and I do not know if I am even that good to hit these blades. I am thinking of pairing them up with some 695CB's for the high irons. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I would say if you have teh ability to, to go get a fitting done and try out as many options as you can and see what works best for you

Have you even hit the blade long irons? How do you know you can't hit them?

JF16, No I have not even taken them out to the range yet. I have a friend a scratch golfer who says that they are hard to hit and that for my abilities they would just get me frustrated when hitting them. I guess I should just go out and take them to the range.

You could just pair the long iron taylormade MCs with the short iron 695 MBs.

Its not different than having different branded wedges or hybrids or woods or whatever. Do what works for you!

Thanks for the feedback guys. All of you make good points. I guess I was a little intimidated by him. It is not the first tikme he has said comments like that to include the sorts behind my back. My I need to write him off.
I will try the titleist today at the range. Who knows may be they are just what I need. I would hate to have these become my favorite set afterall they were free.

I'm considering the same thing. I have the Taylormade MC's too and I'm thinking of picking up the MB's 7i-PW.

So then what will you do with your 3-6 MC lol?

And jjreyes, go for it, combo sets are really cool

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

Thanks Mr. Satckmo,

I do not know what will I do with my extra probably sell them on this local site call okinawayardsales.com

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. Satckmo,

I do not know what will I do with my extra probably sell them on this local site call okinawayardsales.com

that's a good idea, I've always wanted to get a combo set, and I bet it will help out with the longer irons. Hitting some awesome irons like that always feels great.

Thanks for the feedback guys. All of you make good points. I guess I was a little intimidated by him. It is not the first tikme he has said comments like that to include the sorts behind my back. My I need to write him off.
I will try the titleist today at the range. Who knows may be they are just what I need. I would hate to have these become my favorite set afterall they were free.

You might hit them better then you think.
Good luck on the range.

So then what will you do with your 3-6 MC lol?

And jjreyes, go for it, combo sets are really cool

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

I only have 4-PW in the MC. I carry a 3 hybrid. So I'd game 4-6 in the MC's then 7-PW in the MB's. I'm only pondering it at this point.

That is exactly the combination I was thinking about, except with getting 695cb. I like the TM MC so much I would not change anything on them. They go through the ball and turf so well.

I'm really wanting to get a Razr X MB 9i and PW to go with my Razr X forged irons. I hit a the Razr X 9i MB and it was amazing and I hit it well. Once I get those I want to put in the KBS shafts I won on here and have my own little combo set. I'm a big fan of the combo sets!

I only have 4-PW in the MC. I carry a 3 hybrid. So I'd game 4-6 in the MC's then 7-PW in the MB's. I'm only pondering it at this point.

That is exactly the combination I was thinking about, except with getting 695cb. I like the TM MC so much I would not change anything on them. They go through the ball and turf so well.

great Idea guys, I agree the TM MC TP are amazing and I enjoyed playing with them! jj, hopefully you can find what you are looking for

So, today I decided to hit the those Tileist 695cb at the range. WOW! They are awesome clubs. The sound the ball makes coming off the club when it is struck correctly is so crisp. Never heard something like it. Also the feedback they gave was amazing. But if you miss hit or do not find the sweet spot which is small they'l let you know instantly. In one occasion I hit a 3i and I felt it all the up mo my right shoulder.
I have made the decision to leave the set as is and use them for my local PAR 3 course. I am getting them fitted and re-griped with midsize and to wraps.

Back