Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

Day 2:
I think JB should have been a co-captain from day 1 so that way he could always be involved. The things that go on here are truly special from the sneak peaks, to giveaways and getting us hackers inside the "ropes" of companies I would have never known if it wasn't for him and all he does. He is going to make a awesome team member because of the energy and enthusiasm he always seems to have. I would love to join him in California on the trip of a lifetime and it is truly and has to be hands down the best trip a golfer can go on. Sure there are special courses people get to play and are hard to get on but how many of those people get to say they have had a FREE trip to California, get a FREE tour fitting,a FREE bag of top of the line clubs, play for FREE at the Hideaway but most importantly makes friendships that are Priceless. I would have to none of those people can say that and I hope I can be the one to say I have.

First off, I think think JB should definitely have a spot with all the selfless work he does on this site for a lot of people, most of which he doesn't know who they are. He should probably be given the very first spot every year that this great event goes on. That being said, I would also love to take the second spot. I've been using all Callaway clubs for years now and I would love to be able to play in the Grandaddy and beat the Callaway guys with their own equipment.

JB should be playing, because he's fun to be around. He is a great person to be with on the course. I've always found him to a calming influence.

I should be the 12th because I can follow the rules.

Spoiler
817b80415544295cd9b0d532c43b45c3.jpg

Day 2:
I think JB should have been a co-captain from day 1 so that way he could always be involved.

Nobody should ever want this. Im a terrible captain. :D

I've sat here this morning and thought deeply about this. I have realized that I couldn't give this event my full attention in the way I would want to if I was fortunate enough to win one of the remaining contests. I have been very fortunate to experience some special things in my THP career, but this is the freakin Grandaddy, and the name Team Redemption says it all about what needs to be achieved. Being less than three months away, this team will need all the attention of it's members, and I'm just not in a place I can do that right now, but I will support you all with all of my being.

That being said, and this is obviously not an entry, having 12 members on both sides of the ledger would be amazing. Giving additional opportunities to the THP members to experience all this event is and will be a magnanimous gesture by Jason Finley and Callaway Golf. Giving the 12 Team Redemption members the opportunity to interact with two additional ZooCrew members is just as special. At least in this case, bigger is definitely better.

I was thrilled when it was announced last year that JB would be competing in the Grandaddy. This is a man who dedicates every day to the experiences, information, and interactions that led us all to THP over the years. He travels the country, hosting event after event, and usually does so without playing a single hole. It is due to JB and GG, and the respect that they give to the larger golf community and industry, that any of these events are possible...much less the biggest of the "majors". Having him be able to participate as the THP squad strives to earn redemption over the ZooCrew is absolutely the right thing to do, and I look forward to seeing him as part of that squad.

Josh has been an integral part of building this website and community from its inception into the product you see today, no small feat. Defeating the zoo crew in The Grandaddy has also proved to be no small feat. We're both up for the challenge, thrilled for the experience, grateful for the chance, and ready for redemption!

Number 12*represents the completed cycle of experience and when an individual*reincarnatesas the number 12 they have completed a full cycle of experience and learned of the possibility of regeneration toward a higher-consciousness. They belong to a group of developed souls who have accumulated an unusual inner-strength through many and varied lifetimes.
This group is also known as the 2015 THP Grandaddy team. So being adding to the list would be the final piece towards true enlightenment, or some other ******** like that.
OH yah, JB for PRESIDENT!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Day 2: I had a dream last night that JB showed up to my house the night before the Grandaddy. He had arrived in a small plane and had a case of Natty Ice. (I don't feel like JB would ever drink Natty Ice, but he was in a hurry and all the good stores were closed.) He asked me to be a part of the Grandaddy - they had called him and said they needed another person and if I came along, he could play too! I just so happened to be wearing a Nattysaurus Rex t-shirt, so I felt like this was a sign from above. Loading up, JB told me that he'd never flown a plane before, but he thought the Natty Ice would help get us there. He must have been right because we arrived merely 10 minutes (beers?) later. The rest of the weekend flew by. There was golf involved - new clubs played, amazing times with other THP'ers and a lot of high fives. I awoke just as I noticed Finley crying on the 18th green after JB sank a 30 footer for birdie. It was a dream to remember.....now let's make that dream a reality. Let JB play.

Just when you thought the Grandaddy couldn't get any better...

Having JB in the Grandaddy is a great idea, it is well deserved for all the work he does for THP and the time he dedicates. His drive will help THP with redemption as he has a "horse" in the race.

I'd love to join the team as I have a passion for the game of golf and competition. It is unreal what THP and Callaway brings to this event and extremely generous.

Best of luck

Day 2

Why should JB be on this team? Motivation. What is more motivating for Team Redemption than to have the leader of THP on the front lines leading the charge to hand the zoocrew their first loss? It seems only logical to me that JB be on this 2015 team, if not every team in the future.

Why me? I'm a scrappy player. I'm not the straightest or longest driver, don't have the best short game and I don't hit every green. What I am is the kind of player that frustrates my opponent because I never give up and find a way to scramble and make a good score. Just when my opponent thinks they have me down, I make a shot to frustrate them and mentally fry them. I think my game would be a huge weapon for Team Redemption.

No matter who wins the remaining spots, this is going to be one determined team!

9/16 entry

Why JB should go: Taking on a team as bonded as the Zoo Crew, having someone who not only has experience in the event, but also knows the Zoo Crew better than anyone else on THP would be a strategic win for Captain James. James is to Agent Coulson what JB is to Director Fury.

Why I should go: In 2015, my handicap has dropped nearly 6 strokes, from 18.0 to 12.9. In 2015, my bag has gone from having zero Callaway clubs to having 4, and soon to be 5. Coincidence? I think not! Imagine what could happen with a custom fit set of 14 Callaway clubs? And taking those clubs onto a course that looks like it was pulled directly off of a masterpiece painting? And the privilege of playing alongside not just great golfers, but even better people? I would take the honor of being chosen very seriously, and would represent the THP community to the absolute best of my ability. No Richards here!

JB should be in every Grandaddy event! He and Morgan have made this place a family hangout...even if some of us are the red headed step children!

Why should I be in the Grandaddy? Well, last time I joined Callaway for a fun little tournament I didn't get to play against Finley. I so badly want to go up against the great Darth Finley!

I love this idea because how many of us have actually seen JB swing a golf club? I think it's ok to tell this story now (sorry, JB), but at the HHI Invitational last year, you step up to the first par 3 and throw a ball down and take a swing and told us not to take a pic because GG would kill you, and you proceed to knock one stiff and came pretty close to a HIO, which would have been hilarious because we wouldn't have been able to talk about it. I would love to see JB's game under pressure and hear about his preparations in getting ready for the ultimate golf event that is #TheGrandaddy. There is no doubt JB will rock this and help bring the belt back home to THP.

Why should it be me? Let's be honest: a pairing of Josh and Josh would be pretty much impossible to defeat and combine that with the fact that there are few things I am as passionate about than THP and one of those things is Callaway Golf. I've had the pleasure of hanging out with the #ZooCrew and there is a direct correlation between my first event with Callaway and how quickly my bag became full of the chevron logo.

I've also defeated Finley in competition, but the more events he plays in, the less weight that statement carries obviously because it seems like it's not as hard as it used to be to defeat him.

JB and the THP team bust ass to make every event life changing. Who better to represent the mother ship? Plus, his handicap travels and he needs a vacation!

Why me? I'll get dots and I promote THP and Callaway at every opportunity I get. If I get into this, I promise that I'll break the internet!

Together we will be additional witness to the demise of the ZooCrew Grandaddy reign.

Day2

What a great idea as it sinks in again. I'm still thinking why not as he deserves it. Then....then, you think about all the Swag that is offered up and I think I need to get some swag. Callaway Swag at its finest...I'll bring an extra empty bag.

4 more total spots added to the #Grandaddy would make the most epic golf event 20% greater, from a math point of view, but 800% more epic from a fun point of view!

Josh should get in because no trash talk would be able to get in his head. He would back it up with his own trash talk and his own game. And THP would have a much better shot with him behind a club.

As for myself being a part of #TeamRedemption? It would be ridiculous to be a part of the most insane event in golf. The way this team is stacking up, it would probably be the easiest event to get into the upper echelon of 2-time, 2-time THP hall of fame glory, since there is some serious talent on #TeamRedemption. Honestly, maybe it's for the better if JB and I do not get in as it would be an absolute bloodbath out on the course. Hideaway is too nice of a course for that kind of brutality.

Day 2 entry:

JB is always hard working getting things together for us so yes he 'deserves' something special like the Grandaddy. As for me well I'm a west coaster and a Callaway fan that would love to get into a west coast event down there while the white stuff flies around here. I've followed along the last grandaddy events and was just in awe with what was happening.

Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

Day 2:

JB and I just need new professionally fitted Callaway clubs to go to work with. I haven't played a Callaway club on course before apart from odyssey putters and the MD3 we just got this weekend, and that was only 2 swings. that needs to change. The new GBB would be a perfect fit for my game, and I'm sure JB wouldn't mind upgrading his set.

Plus, I need more #zoocrew in my life!

This sounds like an excellent idea!. It should be me as no event is complete without a cheesehead dragging along a case of Leinies shandy! I will even drag JB along too!

Absolutely I think this should happen! It is only fitting that JB is part of the team that brings the belt to THP for the very first time!

I suppose its probably very unlikely, I'm guessing some would even say I'm selfish for trying, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to go back. The #ZooCrew, The Hideaway, THE FUN!!! Of course I want to go back! All good teams need a few veterans, someone with experience, someone who's been there before and knows how to handle the pressure. JB and I fit that bill, bring us both back for our shot at redemption!

Day 2 Entry:

JB should be on the team, it wouldn't be the same without him playing. Seeing the excitement he has about the Grandaddy, considering he sees new clubs probably every day of the year, is so contagious. You can't help but be excited when you hear him talk about the Grandaddy. With all work he puts in for the THP community, he absolutely deserves to be there.

Why me? Honestly, there is no compelling reason it should be me over anyone else. We are all equal in our desire to be on the team. This would be a completely life-changing experience for me...... and the way my year has gone, I honestly need one.

I play my heart out, to the point where I can barely stand at the end of a round. I would love to soak in the stories told by all of the participants, to experience the ZooCrew first hand, and to just be in awe the entire time!

Day #2

I LOVE the idea of adding JB and another THPer to the #Grandaddy. Makes it that much more Grand if you ask me :)

For JB, The #Grandaddy is just that much better when the person, without whom it wouldn't be possible, is involved and you can always see and hear the excitement and passion he has for the event and it's contagious... So get him in! And as for me, I've worked hard on my game and taken giant steps in improvement this year and I'd love to put it to the ultimate #Grandaddy test, helping #TeamRedemption send the #ZooCrew back home losers to their cage @ 2180 Rutherford Road.

My entry:

I have only met JB once. It was my first and only THP event that I have been able to attend. I was lucky enough that it was only a few hours away so I could make the drive. I had been on THP for a while and followed along with everything but I was very nervous to say the least since I was a quiet person and was going through a transition in life. I liked to joke with JB about short game because that has always been my favorite part of golf and I guess he had kind of a reputation for being pretty good. The one thing I wont forget though was playing in one of the rounds we met up with JB on one of the par 3s that he was watching from and I got to see JB get out of a cart, grab someones club, and knock one on the green like it was nothing. That is the only shot I have ever seen JB hit and those are the shots I know he will bring to The Grandaddy. To me JB is THP and having him be there for #TeamRedemption would be not only epic but very fitting given what the event is all about.

As far as me...I would love to be in an event like this for so many reasons. A do-over to be more social at an event because the people on THP are just incredible and I regret being so quiet the first time, a set of equipment that was made just for me and my abilities that I know I could be 100% confident in, and memories that would help me remember the reasons why I fell in love with this game. I first started with a borrowed wedge in a little park by my friends house because they all played golf and his brother was actually a county champion. I used to putt and chip around the house aiming for a chair leg or some other object that seemed like it was miles away because it was the only way to play. I got to play my last year of high school which is where I think I finally found the real passion for it because I found that there was more to golf than just hitting a little ball into a hole. I tried to get fit for clubs when I went off to college because I wanted to keep playing and unfortunately that turned into a disaster year where I was saved up everything I worked for during the summer and bought a set of irons that were poorly fit for me and then suffered an injury that sidelined me and turned my game around 180 degrees both physically and mentally but finding THP helped me get back on track. I would love to have a chance to have the opportunity to be apart of such an incredible weekend that I quite honestly don't think I can put into the right words (Meet a staff that seems to be awesome, get fit for clubs that will be perfect for me, win a belt back for THP, and I hate to admit it but because I can actually afford this one). I feel like I am not only ready to represent Team Redemption but win for them.

PS- I also am obsessed with wedges and I hear Callaway has this guy named Roger Cleveland who might know a little about them

Day 2:

JB and THP have done so much to increase my knowledge and enjoyment of the game of golf over the past two years. For that, I believe he deserves a spot in the Grandaddy every year.

I think I should be the additional pick because I have never been fit for a full set of clubs. I got fit at one of the big box stores for my irons and it was a horrible experience and left a sour taste in my mouth regarding getting fit. I want Callaway to give me confidence that a fitting can be a good or great experience.

Day 2 entry:

Message for Finley:
521284365b7302ed78f7fcbd438d5000.jpg

Back