Feel - Does it come more from the head or the shaft?

JF

Reaction score
I was hitting my Z-Star 5W on the range today and continued to notice that I hate the feel of the head but love the feel of the Dromos shaft. It got me thinking which is more important to me and if I like the feel of the club as a whole or not. I determined I like the feel of it because even though the head has a bad feel, I love the shafts feel and that translates better to me and more affects the overall feel. Does the head or the shaft do it more for you? Why?

Comes from the ears and the turf(head at impact).

Comes from the resistance(shaft back swing and through swing before impact).

All depends on what you're trying to feel.

Dealing with woods, the head is to me. Sound doesn't matter at all.

How do you know that you hate the head but love the shaft? How do you separate them?

How do you know that you hate the head but love the shaft? How do you separate them?
I have no idea man, I still have trouble feeling anything really. I can tell you if I like something or don't like something, but after that I'm lost. I'm dumb though.

What did you hate about the head? What did you love about the shaft? The two act as one and if you were hitting quality shots how do you differentiate

I have no idea man, I still have trouble feeling anything really. I can tell you if I like something or don't like something, but after that I'm lost. I'm dumb though.

Haha I'm the same. I loved a shaft in one combo and hated it in another. Not sure if I can say the reason why. It either clicks for me or it does not. I'm no TC

I have to say both. Some heads feel great but the shaft offering hurts it. Conversely, I have hit heads that felt like rocks but the load and weight felt right. I'm stuck on this one

That's a good question Jack. I would think it comes more from a good or bad combination than anything. All about how the head and shaft work together.

For me "feel" is a combination of a lot things. But, as you asked wether it's the shaft or the head, I still have to answer; a combination. The thing is, that with a shaft that I don't feel, takes away all the feelings I could get from the head. So, basically, if the shaft is ok, or better, I search the "feel" from the head.

I have no issue picking out the feel of the head and the shaft. Trying to describe how a golf swing feels to me with words is extremely difficult so I'm not even gonna bother trying.

Ad for the club, the (not feel I know) sound is awful. It feels too "hard" at impact and is really bad on mis hits. The shaft is really smooth, translates the shot into feel well, and masks some of the bad feel of the head. I probably sound like an idiot but like I said I have no idea how to accurately describe feel.

Well as long as you can tell the difference that is all that matters.

Honestly, I have become a huge cynic. I believe that if the head has bad feel, it just means you're missing the sweet spot. You're not making quality contact.

The shaft is a different story.

Honestly, I have become a huge cynic. I believe that if the head has bad feel, it just means you're missing the sweet spot. You're not making quality contact.

The shaft is a different story.

Man I completely disagree. There are plenty of heads that just feel awful to me. Everything TM since they went white for example

I just asked my wife the title of this thread...she said shaft.

You have to use the shaft correctly.

This thread cracks me up.

I don't have a legitimate answer to this question but I did lol at the responses in here. You guys are hilarious.

Lets be honest here. When a shaft is properly loaded and then unloaded at the right time, BOOM.

Back