PGA/LPGA/Euro Tour Equipment Thread

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I probably skimmed a huge thread but figured I'd start this.... I see lots of equipment go in and out though it would be fun to talk their changes and what we think of them.

Phil Mickelson... Did I miss the change to KBS shafts? Or am I seeing things with the KBS sticker look alike?

he was using KBS last week, not sure when that started though.

Phil should go back to PX shafts. He hit every fairway Saturday and shot 1 under?

Phil should go back to PX shafts. He hit every fairway Saturday and shot 1 under?

maybe he just wanted an excuse for not successfully defending his title :alien:

Higher launching with the KBS, maybe get the ball to sit a little faster on those greens?

maybe he just wanted an excuse for not successfully defending his title :alien:

Maybe. But you'd never hear him blame it on that would you? He has something called class.

Maybe. But you'd never hear him blame it on that would you? He has something called class.

valid point my friend

Let's talk about Suzann Peterson's putter. Kicked the Drone out huh?

Or "arthritis"

Yeah dude. I think a lot of what he does is hit shots at the Houston to see if he can pull it off at Augusta but hard not to ignore.

Higher launching with the KBS, maybe get the ball to sit a little faster on those greens?

Maybe but man... huge change imo.

Let's talk about Suzann Peterson's putter. Kicked the Drone out huh?

That was really surprising to me. Really surprising. She was putting well withit I thought.

Yeah dude. I think a lot of what he does is hit shots at the Houston to see if he can pull it off at Augusta but hard not to ignore.

Maybe but man... huge change imo.

He's used KBS shafts before so it's not like he's going completely blind into it. It's weird to me that these guys wait till the first major of the year to make some of these equipment changes other than your normal fresh wedges etc. though.

I'm surprised by the lack of TM staffers playing the RBZ driver in particular.

I'm surprised by the lack of TM staffers playing the RBZ driver in particular.

From what I have heard, it sounds like the R11S is just a better overall driver for most (both professionals and forum members here).

The World's #1 rocks one.

I remember seeing that a few weeks ago and several commented on how surprised we were to see it. He is the only one I have playing the RBZ on tour but I don't doubt there are more. Would be interested to learn more about why so many choose the R11S over the RBZ.

I remember seeing that a few weeks ago and several commented on how surprised we were to see it. He is the only one I have playing the RBZ on tour but I don't doubt there are more. Would be interested to learn more about why so many choose the R11S over the RBZ.

Jason Day and Camilo play one too.

Thanks, did not realize that. Wish their WITB was a bit more accessible online...guess I saw so much of Rose's driver a few weeks ago it just pounded R11S into my head.

Thanks, did not realize that. Wish their WITB was a bit more accessible online...guess I saw so much of Rose's driver a few weeks ago it just pounded R11S into my head.

Which is a better endorsement for me. I haven't hit either driver yet buddy. I know that most of the Callaway staffers on Tour have made the switch to the Razr Fit though.

This may or may not be a good endorsement based on their results of late. :alien:

The World's #1 rocks one.

Other than that, I couldn't name another player using it. I haven't seen Camilo in a while, and I thought Day still had the SF in the bag.

I haven't hit the clubs either, but as you say, the Callaway staffers seem to be switching in droves. Does it mean the RBZ is similar to the SF in terms of performance and not quite different enough to force the change?

I dont think Rose is playing the R11s. His WITB was a R11.

Did I see Ernie play a normal-length putter at the Shell Houston? Why did he ditch the long putter?

Back