Matrix SpeedRulz Shafts - THP Review

Nice review Dan. I am intrigued by these and i think the type a 60 might be the one for me.

Really well written Dan and easy to figure out the differences from the three offerings. Matrix has long been a favorite of mine and I hope i get to tinker with this one down the road.

Nice review Dan!

Great review as always, Dan!

Great job Dan!

Just got an email telling me I got selected by Callaway to test and provide a review for them on these. Should be fun!

Just got an email telling me I got selected by Callaway to test and provide a review for them on these. Should be fun!
Nice dude that's awesome!

Nice dude that's awesome!

Gonna be a quick turnaround though. have to receive the shaft, get out to test it, and have it sent back to them within a week haha.

Gonna be a quick turnaround though. have to receive the shaft, get out to test it, and have it sent back to them within a week haha.
So the 16th?

Received a notice my Type A should be here Tuesday. Look forward to seeing how this baby performs.

In for testing for Callaway. Should be a fun experience.

830c27c0f047c88538f82d4096b7a8a1.jpg

2e7b20d6c431fac503ab8ca4714fefb1.jpg

Have my Type A 50 Red installed into my GBB and ready to get a round in this weekend. Able to spend a little time this past weekend on the range and results were very positive.

ba8ff7a34c3c6d9120493e4200de28e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NICE! They really are fun shafts.

Able to take a few swings on the sim today, and like what I am seeing so far. The shaft has a nice subtle kick to it, and feels great. Picked of a little ball speed over my 665, and spin numbers look good. First actual round with it tomorrow, so hopefully have an even better feel after that.

Looks like a little B-Type action going on in the GBB today...

Really liking my A-Type in my GBB. Pickup couple of MPH in ball speed and spin and launch are what I was hoping for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBed for your pleasure! Can't wait to hear how it works out.
Was interesting, going to put the A type in play tomorrow to compare, really think it's more up my alley.

Will be at Matrix HQ this morning in a couple of hours and we will be talking SpeedRulz I am sure.

Recently purchased a Speed Rulz A Type 60 Stiff for my GBB - don't have any course data (too many lessons and spring reworking of swing), but it has great feel - smooth and lively, and the ball seems to take off with great urgency. Think of a livelier Diamana S+ 60 -- that is what it is for me if I was to compare shafts.

I'm going to get this A-Type back out in the XR16 a bit this week I think, will be fun to see how it performs in this compared to what I saw in the GBB.

Purchased a C Type 60 X from kc720 end of last week, just got it today! I went out over lunch and small bucket of balls. Man, I love this Speedrulz shaft! I had my Handcrafted Project X LZ Grandaddy 71g in before, but I just didn't feel like I was able to go after the ball and get the trajectory and consistency that I wanted. Which is odd as with a heavier shaft you tend to get a bit more control, but I never felt like I could. Soooo, here I am with this Speedrulz.

Personally, for me, if I'm going all out on a shaft and really stepping on the flex, my miss is a balloon fade. I hit a little over a dozen shots and was only able to see that balloon fade one time. Maybe it's a combo of the XR 16 Pro head and this shaft that are giving me the confidence to go all out on the swing, but I love that feeling. I'd really like to get this set up on a Trackman (of similar) to see the numbers that are coming off with the ball. I'm really looking forward to getting out on the course and seeing this in action there, should be good!

Back