Directv Masters Coverage

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
DIRECTV swings into another season of expanded, interactive golf coverage April 5-8 with the 2012 Masters Tournament, offering fans a unique, in-depth viewing experience that is the next best thing to a patron badge at golf’s most prestigious event.

Combining CBS Sports’ and ESPN’s live HD coverage of the Tournament, DIRECTV’s “Masters Mosaic” interactive TV application and six-channel Masters Mix will immerse fans in the atmosphere of the fabled Augusta National Golf Club, allowing them to more closely follow the world’s best golfers as they vie for the coveted Green Jacket.

The Masters Mix Channel, available only on DIRECTV, offers fans six views of the Tournament: the main CBS Sports/ESPN feed; two Featured Group channels; Amen Corner; holes 15 and 16; and “Masters in Depth,” along with a continuously running leader board featuring live tee times, scoring and leaders’ locations on the course. Each extra channel of coverage is fully produced with its own announcers.
Viewers will also have access to the following interactive menu of features 24 hours a day throughout the tournament on any of the six Masters channels:
  • Top Five Leaders – displays the top five current scores against par.
  • Leader Board – provides information on all the golfers in the field including players’ hole-by-hole stats through the Scorecard feature, displaying greens hit in regulation, driving distance, putting average for each player in the field, and will include current and previous rounds. And a new customizable leader board lets fans select their favorite player and place them on top of the board to more easily track their scores.
  • Highlights – allows viewers on-demand access to the previous round’s highlights as well as five golfer-specific highlight packages focusing on the top two leaders and three notable players in each round.
  • Course Tour – provides fans with a birds-eye video of each hole.
  • Masters Quiz – challenges fans with 10 questions, refreshed daily, about the history of the Masters and Augusta National, and the day’s action on course.
“We’re thrilled to continue our association with the Masters Tournament, CBS Sports and ESPN to create another spectacular viewing experience for golf fans,” said Tony Goncalves, senior vice president, Product Management, DIRECTV. “The Masters Mosaic offers fans who love the game a whole new way to watch the Tournament and feel the aura of Augusta, and it’s only on DIRECTV.”

DIRECTV’s Tournament coverage will also include the 2012 Masters Preview Show premiering April 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. ET on its exclusive Audience Network. CBS Sports announcer Ian Baker Finch talks with the world’s No. 1-ranked player Luke Donald, who offers exclusive insights on the 2012 Masters Tournament – only on DIRECTV. The 2011 Masters Official Review Show will also premiere on the Audience Network on April 2 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. ET. All video highlights and a course tour will be available on DIRECTV On Demand. DIRECTV will also air 3D coverage of the Tournament on ESPN 3D (Channel 106). For details on all Tournament coverage visit www.directv.com/masters.

This is awesome. Stupid cable. Wish I had DIRECTV this week.

I have DirecTV. Love the fact that you can tune into 4 different channels to watch the different coverages. Never got into just sitting on the Mix channel, with four small screens, and leaderboard, and static image surrounding all of it.

Last year I got to work from home to watch it. This year I might not be so lucky. LOL. I'm gonna try though.

U-verse has the same thing, kind of. I don't know if there's really a difference.

Direct TV has great coverage that is a fact. I have something similar with Uverse, 6 channels, featured groups and full back nine coverage. Can't wait....

Its just good to see ANGC start to loosen the reigns on all the coverage, would like to see a bigger TV window tho...

U-verse has the same thing, kind of. I don't know if there's really a difference.

Yea the U-verse coverage is going to be almost identical to DTV from what I've heard. Channel 1115 I believe.

AHHHHH, I can't wait, one of the reasons I still have direct tv, they did this lst year and it was awesome, can tune to certain holes and watch each player at amen corner, the options they have are great for this, and since I take off work during this time its even better, although this is the first year of hosting thew masters myself, basically its just a bunch of friends that will golf in the morning and then come back to my place and watch each day of the masters on direct tv as we drink and BBQ the whole time,,, I cant wait

Love my Fos , however Direct TV will trump cable and Fios this week:beat-up:

Its pretty nice i got to experience one year, but now i have to use the computer to watch amen corner with the network coverage and pretend like i have it lol. Not the same

Just wish my new media room was built already but my current one will do. Can't wait!

I love DirecTv.

DirecTV kicks a$$. No way I would ever get rid of it and go back to cable. There coverage of the majors is incredible.

Love my directv. You can watch all day and not see any commercials. You just switch among the four feeds and you can always be watching live action. The football package is really great also.

Anyone know if the par 3 coverage is on the directv feed today or does ESPN have the only coverage. I can't get the directv site to load from work.

I love directv. Extra major coverage and I get to watch the dolphins every week. Not a tennis fan, but they have channels for every match during tennis majors for free

I have DTV at home and looking forward to watching the Masters when I'm here, but we have something else at the shop. Not sure I will get a ton of watching time anyway come Sunday.

agreed. DTV has the best coverage of pretty much all major sporting events. they really go all out, especially for the Masters. they have so many features, that i'll never use them all...it's sweet. just when i think i pay too much for DTV, i think about not having it...and i would never, not have it. DTV rocks.

I LOVE DTV. The coverage last year was great.

Gah, I totally wish I had DirectTV instead of regular cable :/

I have a direct tv account and use Americantv2go in Richmond to use a slingbox and send it to me wherever I am on the planet. Could not be happier.

I believe there is one problem though with Direct TV and Uverse coverage. The actual coverage doesn't start til 3 thanks to ESPN. Yay.

Back