Scoring Average - Par 5's

I'd say mine is about 6, which is disappointing. Oh well, this year, I'll be lucky to ever play on a par 5.

~Rock

Thru 29 rounds of golf in 2012 my par 5 average is 5.08

I believe mine is in my last 20 rounds, which I think I've plate this year, it is 5.0 which I'll gladly take

That is awesome you have so many rounds. Man i need to move south.

I've been working on getting it to par or better. I treat the whole course like a par 4 now. I try too lol.

This will be something that I'll begin to track this year. Great thread to get everyone in focus and on to their game.

No clue! Last round I was +1 I believe. 2 to 3 over is probably average. Not a long hitter so most of my 2nd shots are usually 240+ from pin. Almost always take 3 to get home unless something special happens off the tee.

Mine is 5.18 over the last 20 rounds. I actually thought it would be a little lower than that. I absolutely HATE to make a 6 on a par 5. I figure most par 5s I could reach in 3 by just hitting 3 average 6 iron shots. I don't reach very many par 5s in 2, but I am pretty confident with my ability to get up and down after a layup. Looking back, my wedge play on the par 5s has been kind of disappointing this year.

In my last 5 full rounds, and 1 9 hole round on a course that had 3 par 5's on the front here are my scores.

6 Birdies, 1 Eagle, 6 Bogeys, 1 Double, 12 Pars. Good mix of going for it and laying up, I'll say 4 of the 6 birdies are from laying up to a wedge distance. According to OOB from my last 20 rounds my avg is 5.4 on par 5 scoring. Playing better than that right now and that's a reason why my scores have been good to start the year.

My Golfshot app says:

Last 5 rounds: 5.6
Last 10 rounds: 6.0
Last 20 rounds: 6.1
All time: 6.0

Fits in with me being historically a bogey golfer and my more recent rounds being in the mid-80s. Can't complain, I guess.

Last 20 rounds 5.4. Although I'd say almost half of those rounds were at courses I haven't played before so I think the number is a little higher than if I knew the layout a little better. I have already had 3 eagles this year though. 2 of which were on courses I knew well. 1 was a great 5 iron to 4 feet on a course I never played before. Its good to see me scoring better on these again. I should have more birdie chances on the par 5s since I'm a longer hitter. And the last 2 years I haven't been making the birdies and eagles that I should be hoping to turn that around this year.

I've been working on getting it to par or better. I treat the whole course like a par 4 now. I try too lol.

Do you think it's easier to bring down par 5 scoring or par 4 scoring?

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Par 5, by far. More chances to correct a mistake.

5.36 the last year.

5.9 last year, oobgolf users average 6.0

Looks like 6.2 for me last year.

OOB has me at 5.9 for last year. So far 6.1 this year.

My scoring average is 5.24 on par 5's.

From Golfshot
All rounds 6.0
Last 20 6.0
Last 6.1

Thin fairway woods are a score buster.

Par 5, by far. More chances to correct a mistake.

Agreed with the Pete! Most of the Par 5's I play when I go mid tee are less than 500 yards and usually thats a green light for me to be on the green in two or just around it. My chips put me position to birdie usually, even though I rarely do lol. Just more chances to right a wrong like Pete said.

Mine is 5.2. Not too bad, but that is one that I need to get below par.

6.4 for the past 20 rounds, but 6.0 (and improving!) this year (7 rounds).

I'm really developing the feel of an inside-out swing, and not casting from the top, which is helping my scoring, of course. I used to tend toward a fade, I'm now dead straight with an occasional subtle draw, and I'm almost to the point where I can draw off the tee if I want to!!

Agreed with the Pete! Most of the Par 5's I play when I go mid tee are less than 500 yards and usually thats a green light for me to be on the green in two or just around it. My chips put me position to birdie usually, even though I rarely do lol. Just more chances to right a wrong like Pete said.

Indeed Yoccos. If you're playing a par 5 and hit a poor tee shot, a regular lay-up should/could put you in a position to play the remainder of the hole as a short par 3. Same thing if you hit a poor second shot. If you do the same two errors on a par 4, you'll be in a lot more trouble. A poor drive might force you to play the remainder as a 250+ yard par 3, which is never a fun thing.

Back