2015 World Cup Rugby Thread

Wilson Staffer

Reaction score
Handicap
Thought I'd start one in case there were any rugby fans out there. How bout that huge upset by Japan over South Africa in pool B. Same pool as the US. Wow

I cant believe they managed to upset them. Looking forward to seeing if England can pull it off

Thanks for the thread.

Stunned the Blossoms beat the Springboks. I think the only thing this did was sharpen the resolve of the South African squad.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hung 50 on each team from here forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the opening game on Friday night with friends, Jen saw the Japan game as I was busy but we barely saw anything other than some bits of games yesterday as we were both out

I still think it is hard to bet against New Zealand - they didn't play too well yet still won their game, which is scary if they get themselves together as they could steamroller anyone they come up against I reckon

I LOVE rugby, I will be following along for sure.

my Canadian team is not there yet, but there is a feeling around here that the sport is growing a bit, and they are getting a bit better every year.

So upset that I couldn't watch the US-Samoa as there was no TV broadcast. I feel like USA Rugby has come a long way (our 7s team is good). A tough loss but it will be interesting if we can keep the better teams from completely pulverizing us. The fluidity of the better teams is so impressive. Our game in open space is so choppy.

There was an opinion piece on the ESPN UK Rugby page about having the WC is the states to get more support and try to get the USA more competitive ala the 1994 FIFA WC.

So upset that I couldn't watch the US-Samoa as there was no TV broadcast. I feel like USA Rugby has come a long way (our 7s team is good). A tough loss but it will be interesting if we can keep the better teams from completely pulverizing us. The fluidity of the better teams is so impressive. Our game in open space is so choppy.

There was an opinion piece on the ESPN UK Rugby page about having the WC is the states to get more support and try to get the USA more competitive ala the 1994 FIFA WC.

if you guys get the Rugby world cup, I sure hope its in the north east so I can drive down there!

This rugby World Cup is killing me. First, it's all PPV over here in the States. Luckily, I can still get ITV. Secondly, the 8 hour difference sucks! I start work on Saturdays at 1pm. About an hour after England are kicking off their group games. Seriously considering taking a sickie on Saturday for the Wales game!
The Japan result was awesome, especially as they had the courage to go for the win rather than take the easy 3 points to draw. Great result! The All Blacks didn't look as strong as their favorites status suggests. As much as I would love to see England life the WWE trophy again, I can't see them going all the way. I'd like to see the US have a good run so maybe in 4 years, NBC or Fox may decide to splash out for some decent coverage!!

II'm guessing an All Blacks/Wallabies final but it would be nice to see Wales or Ireland make it that far. Teams like Manu Samoa, Fiji and Tonga are usually way better in 7s.

Back