Scotty Cameron Select Black series is out today...

drl828

Reaction score
Handicap
Pizza
Oh man, so I went today to give em the test...I got my "fitting" which didn't tell much aside from my strong arc has gone almost straight, though still have a slight arcing tendency.

I went in wanting to move to a blade - tried the Newport (which has no alignment line or dot - talk about an oversight - no pun intended), the Notchback, and the Ping Anser. I had settled on the Anser before they brought out a club they were holding in the back...

I left with the SC GoLo mallet putter, RH 34" (my wrist to ground is 35", but I am going to try the shorter length for more control). I'm no purist and when it came time to pik, I gave it the ol' "If I sink 8/10 from 6-10ft, I'll buy it." I hit 4/5 from 6ft, rimmed out, and 5/5 from 10ft. 2/5 from 15ft and 3/5 from 20. My numbers were not quite as good with the Anser, though not horrible...Soooo, I was feeling pretty darn good about the GoLo - I believe club selection is as much intuition as it is real performance and I think I got a great one.....

SC-GoLo20120405_03.jpg

SC-GoLo20120405_02.jpg

SC-GoLo20120405_05.jpg

SC-GoLo20120405_06.jpg

SC-GoLo20120405_10.jpg

SC-GoLo20120405_07.jpg

(It never touched the concrete, but I wanted to show some idea of address)

SC-GoLo20120405_09.jpg

---

Can't wait to get it on the green...Hope the pics show up alright!

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase, looks really nice.

Though was there a need to create another thread?

I didn't know how to change thread title to reflect changing subject.

If a mod can merge threads, that'd be great. Sorry, still feeling my way around here.

Congrats man! It's a beauty.

I've got the Masters on my ipad propped to my right, my laptop on THP (covering up my real work), and my daily ToDo list is pushing well into next week - Passover is a serious holiday and I plan on celebrating it with manicured, carved out nature. I'm pretty much certain I'm bailing in about 20 minutes and I'm turning off my phone for four days.

Don't you love 3.5 day weekends?

That is a great looking putter. Good luck with her.

Congrats sharp looking putter.

Nice Putter man! Isn't Fowler gaming something similar, if not the same?

That is a sexy looking putter you got there!

Great looking putter.

Love the putter, congrats!

I had one of those honest convos with myself - I'm not a purist and I sure like the help. I want my first SC to be one I'm comfortable playing.

This fit top billing and has the added benefit of not being needed to be classified as a deadly weapon like my Odyssey Backstryke dart. Though, if looks could kill...

(I do need to replace that cover, though - the club is pretentious enough)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats great looking putter. Hope you hole many with it.

Congrats.. looks great! thats some bling there!

Im not a big fan of Scotty's, but the all black does look sharp. However, do you think there will be any issues with an all black alignment aid?

I am loving the look of these

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Very nice looking putter. Enjoy!
TapAhoy!

I am loving the look of these

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
Im thinking if you are in a shadow or in a shaded part of a green you will not be able to see it too well.

I had one of those honest convos with myself - I'm not a purist and I sure like the help. I want my first SC to be one I'm comfortable playing.

This fit top billing and has the added benefit of not being needed to be classified as a deadly weapon like my Odyssey Backstryke dart. Though, if looks could kill...

(I do need to replace that cover, though - the club is pretentious enough)

Man, I don't know, that cover is pretty awesome!! Then again, a THP citrus cover would look great on there as well!

Man, I don't know, that cover is pretty awesome!! Then again, a THP citrus cover would look great on there as well!

I'll be perfectly frank, the first thing I did was order a replacement cover for it. Actually two. One from my Alma Matter and one for my NYG. Previous poster accurately referred to it as bling - and the putter is bling enough - I actually think the cover is hideous and ostentatious (though I'll keep it, of course).

---

Im thinking if you are in a shadow or in a shaded part of a green you will not be able to see it too well.

I'm finding it pretty easy to use the alignment line because it's fairly deep and relatively wide - bc of real depth to the line, rather than a surface marking, it can absorb a shadow from the notch and in most situations will appear darker than the club - there's not much that should get in the way of that.

Also, there's an arc line at the base, if you'll notice, which I'm using to verify I'm squaring the face and making sure I'm aiming generally where I intended. Very clever, actually.

Congrats.. looks great! thats some bling there!

Bling bling! 100%:) Why not? Works pretty darn well already and you only live once! (Although I do have to budget for double the price of any club, as I'm sure many of you guys do, for the 'payback' purchase by my significant other - lol!!!)

Just ordered a Golo as well. If I like it, I am going to order the belly as well. Love practicing with a belly putter...Scotty's stuff is love/hate for most. I love the feel and performance of his putters but don't buy in to the whole Cameron club/collector thing. His putters are too expensive, but I like them.

That putter looks fantastic! I love the sole plate and the look at address. I really want to roll one of these now.

That putter looks fantastic! I love the sole plate and the look at address. I really want to roll one of these now.

Here, just snapped off a quick pic for you with a ball tossed in for address - excuse the quality, but it gives you an idea. Very confident look and feel.

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

Back