2012 Bettinardi Putters

Glad to hear things are improving for you Mr. Cook. I spent about 20 minutes practicing with my Betti today after a long range session. Mainly trying to get a feel for the sound at impact. It is muted from what you would expect from a milled putter due to the fit face. Green was not in great shape so I concentrated on my set up but was a bit tired after my range session so I called it a day. On another note I picked up a robocup over the winter and the thing works great. I can get twice the amount of putts in the same amount of time and makes practice a but more fun.

After my range session I went to the putting green because it was FINALLY mowed! I have yet to putt on real mowed greens with my BB8 but today was the day. I spent 30 minutes putting and was pretty happy with how things were going. It was a different feeling not having to smash the ball with every putt. I still need to adjust to the putter but overall I'm thrilled with the feel and the ease of getting my putts started out on my intended line. That was something I really struggled with years ago when I first opted to go away from a blade putter but it's nice to see that I'm not having any issues with my line for the most part. Now that I can get my practice and playing routine in full swing with the greens better I can't wait to keep working. Tomorrow I'm playing 18 holes and hope all the greens on the course were mowed as well. Man they needed it!

Nice update Jake. It took me a while to get used to my SS 7 but I am now at the point that I am as confident over putts as I have ever been. Love my Betti and my Celtic Cross headcover. Keep stalking his site for some cool headcovers and divot tools and ball markers and ......

Man, I was estatic when I finally saw a real green, Jake. I bet it was nice, but a little tough at the same time. I know that I've blown some putts past the hole and we aren't even close to peak speed yet.

I just need to share some love for the BB53C. I am falling for this putter.....it is that darn good.

As a reminder, the BB53C is a center shafted half moon cutout with a single alignment line. I am a fan of the alignment line drawn onto the ball that I line up with the line on the putter. Pick my line, square up, and go.

1) Alignment line is perfect for me and super easy to line up. It is probably about an inch long and the white line stands out perfectly on the head.
2) Grip is the mid size (made by Winn) with the Bettinardi logo. I was used to the Super Stroke Slim but I am getting along with this one very well. Very soft to the touch grip, but not mushy or cushiony so to speak. Soft but firm if that makes sense.
3) The honeycomb face is really putting a solid and consistent roll on the ball for me. Very predictable at impact. I am not good at describing a putter face as soft or anything like that, so not going down that path.
4) The head feels very balanced to me which is critical in how I putt. I prefer a heavier head that feels like a pendulum so to speak and at 395 grams, this head does just that.

Will not throw out a bunch of putting stats, but I am rolling in 7-12 footers (many with decent break) with ease and really have confidence that I will make everything within 10 feet. Was not sure how long it would take me to get a really good feel for this, but it is starting to happen and nothing better than confidence in your putter.

Could not be more pleased to have Bettinardi Golf as a sponsor, it has been a great experience thus far!

I had 36 or so putts today haha. It doesn't tell the story but am I ever happy with this non gimmick straight flat stick of doom.

I've said it a few times in this thread already, but I played my first round of the year today, and I am still madly in love with my SS8. The thing is money.

I've said it a few times in this thread already, but I played my first round of the year today, and I am still madly in love with my SS8. The thing is money.

Crazy how good the FIT face is right??? Roll is always smooth.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Got 18 holes in yesterday and the greens had indeed been mowed, it was so nice being able to tap into the feel and accuracy of the BB8 rather than just having to hammer putts. I had a pretty good day on the greens, 2 three wiggles but also had 4 one putts. 34 total putts isn't what I typically strive for but for the first time having to negotiate speed and break with the Betti I'm not too broken up about it. I'm really getting my lines quite well so I think the putts will drop more and more as I keep using it.

I just spent about an hour burning through this thread checking out all the awesome putters you guys have picked for the MC 2.0 and the excellent custom work by Bettinardi.

I am pretty much in love with the look of the studio stock 5. If I end up getting a new putter this summer, I can't imagine that won't be on the top of my list.

Last time out (Saturday) I had 32 putts with the BB8. Not great but considering I started out with 3 putt bogies on the first 2 holes I brought it back pretty nicely. I am definitely feeling the love with this putter and every time I reach for it and pull off that cover I get excited to use it all over again.

Last time out (Saturday) I had 32 putts with the BB8. Not great but considering I started out with 3 putt bogies on the first 2 holes I brought it back pretty nicely. I am definitely feeling the love with this putter and every time I reach for it and pull off that cover I get excited to use it all over again.

Man, I am having push issues with mine right now. I dont know if I need some extra weight n the toe or what

Man, I am having push issues with mine right now. I dont know if I need some extra weight n the toe or what

wouldn't you need more weight in the heal to help close the face? I believe that the Queen Bee has more toe hang than usual.

I've been rolling my BB1F very well so far. My speed has been better than normal with it. Sometimes I struggle on the 4-5 foot putts and just tend to push them a little bit.

Do you have a straight back/straight thru stroke or do you putt with an arc? It might be just a timing thing trying to get used to it, esp if you have any kind of an arc at all.

wouldn't you need more weight in the heal to help close the face? I believe that the Queen Bee has more toe hang than usual.

That may work. I just dont want to poopie up my putter with weights

I've been rolling my BB1F very well so far. My speed has been better than normal with it. Sometimes I struggle on the 4-5 foot putts and just tend to push them a little bit.

this is when I do it as well. What the hell Dean?

Do you have a straight back/straight thru stroke or do you putt with an arc? It might be just a timing thing trying to get used to it, esp if you have any kind of an arc at all.

More of a straight back straight through putt

this is when I do it as well. What the hell Dean?
If I were you guys I'd consider aiming a little to the left, pushes go right in the hole then.

Could it be your ball placement possibly? Maybe you have it a little further back in your stance to when you catch the ball the blade of your putter hasn't squared up yet? Then again if you're definitely SB/ST it should still be square.

If I were you guys I'd consider aiming a little to the left, pushes go right in the hole then.

Could it be your ball placement possibly? Maybe you have it a little further back in your stance to when you catch the ball the blade of your putter hasn't squared up yet? Then again if you're definitely SB/ST it should still be square.

your logic makes no sense. wel, the first comment is what I will do! Thats where your a smart fella.

WITH MILK!

I've been looking at total putts but mainly been looking to cut down on 3 putts. I only had one the last round (haha want 0) and had 32 total putts. Not great but I look at the quality of my putts and they were there. 15 minutes of a pro looking at it and Im much improved.

Crazy how good the FIT face is right??? Roll is always smooth.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Very crazy, bro.

If my stroke isn't doing something funky, this thing is deadly. Best I've ever putted, mainly due to having a TON of confidence in this SS8 (and it's lasted over a year now).

Very crazy, bro.

If my stroke isn't doing something funky, this thing is deadly. Best I've ever putted, mainly due to having a TON of confidence in this SS8 (and it's lasted over a year now).

I like that it provides another option to just an insert. Deadly roll!

I like that it provides another option to just an insert. Deadly roll!

I went from a Yes! C-Groove I used for years to this, didn't miss a beat. Can't beat it, imo.

My Betti and my trusty R5 Tour (going on 6-7? years with this driver now) are the only clubs I never have a thought about changing.

I went from a Yes! C-Groove I used for years to this, didn't miss a beat. Can't beat it, imo.

My Betti and my trusty R5 Tour (going on 6-7? years with this driver now) are the only clubs I never have a thought about changing.

I'm seeing the same thing with never wanting to change this putter man. Driver, lol Im not quite there but one day!

Putter: Bettinardi BB53C
Date: 4/7/2012

I got out for 18 yesterday and had a very solid day on the greens. I only managed to hit 5 greens on the day and ended up with a total of 28 putts. Obviously that number goes down when you miss greens and chip close, so here are the details (approximate feet) for what I saw.

9 one putts. Distances (all in feet): 4, 8, 3 (birdie), 1, 10, 15, 1, 16 (birdie), 12
8 two putts. Distances (all in feet): 20, 24, 8, 13, 25, 19, 20, 14
1 three putt. Distance (in feet): 45. This was a green that 3 guys in our 4 some 3 jacked. It was really sandy/slow (unlike the other greens) and I left my first putt 12 feet short. Had the line dead on for the second putt and left it one revolution short.

Bear in mind that we have fairly small greens compared to some other courses so there is a bunch of barely missing greens and chipping close for a short par putt.

I currently have the utmost confidence within 20 feet that I can make the putt. The putter head at 395 grams allows for me to have a very balanced pendulum like stroke. I use the alignment line on the putter lined with the alignment line on the ball and this is a setup that I see very consistent results with.

I must admit, I am not a good person at describing feel with clubs (harsh, soft, etc) so I prefer to use terms like consistent and predictable when using this putter.

This is my first go around with Bettinardi putters, but it will definitely not be my last!!

Back