Yonex N1-MB Irons Preview

Steep need not apply then haha. I would probably be going crazy

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Haha steep definitely won't be treated well lol. The thin profile does cut through the turf with ease though

Any more info kang??

Great stuff so far.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Any more info kang??

Great stuff so far.

Not yet. A bit side tracked since last round and lots of white crap on the ground

Brutal. I forgot about that.

Yes it is.

Only thing I can comment on as far as these irons go is that the long Irons fly higher than pxg 0311t and srixon z745. The ease to elevate long Irons is great in this set

Yes it is.

Only thing I can comment on as far as these irons go is that the long Irons fly higher than pxg 0311t and srixon z745. The ease to elevate long Irons is great in this set

Feel comparison between the N1-MB and the 0311T?

Feel comparison between the N1-MB and the 0311T?
Yonex is softer feel pretty much across the face. Yonex is bigger blade and if you really miss then the feel is like a blade lol

Yonex is softer feel pretty much across the face. Yonex is bigger blade and if you really miss then the feel is like a blade lol

Excellent as the 0311T is already soft by comparison to the T-MB I have...don't want it too soft!
Good to hear the 0311T is a lower trajectory. I have problems with high ball flights across all irons.

Had these out for a round yesterday. Will take them out again tomorrow. Once again I saw a bit higher flight than my z945. 3 and 4 irons in this set is very easy to elevate. Good strikes are met with typical soft feel you expect from a forged blade. When straying from center the feel is still soft but more pronounced vibration. What I saw from a slight toe miss was a lower flight over all and about a club to club and half yardage loss. The most penalizing miss with these is the fat miss IMO. I believe this is due to the thin sole , accentuated by the graphite insert (lack of mass higher up the face). With a longer blade length, I find it very easy to turn over, shots ranging from slight high draws to big sweeping hooks. The look presented at address is quite interesting. Utter lack of offset with razor thin top line but with added blade length. It's quite pleasing to me actually.

If anyone has any questions or something they want me too check out during my round tomorrow I'll gladly oblige

After the round today I came to a conclusion about the forgiveness of these clubs. Laterally they are fantastic, much more forgiving than a blade should be. It's when you miss up and down the face where you get penalized.

My 2012 Yonex MB's are amazing! Yonex are pure quality! These could be a 3i & perhaps a 4i addition.

Back