2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like call the ambulance I'm getting cut hahahaha ok that's the last one I know. I may have to check the local spot for new material.
Some of the bro sayings are glorious.

"if you're not in the gym for 3 hours, you won't see gainzzzz."

"I don't lockout my presses because I want a better pump. And I have bad shoulders."

So many. I love them all.

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

I was unclear with my other post, that was me 5 years ago when I worked out and watched my diet (minus a lot of partying/drinking on the weekends). I don't look anything like that right now...still 6'3" 200lbs, now it's just composed of more chub than muscle.

And yes, I smell like heaven.

I was unclear with my other post, that was me 5 years ago when I worked out and watched my diet (minus a lot of partying/drinking on the weekends). I don't look anything like that right now...still 6'3" 200lbs, now it's just composed of more chub than muscle.

And yes, I smell like heaven.
Lol ohh well that explains it. Little bit of a curveball there. Best of luck in your journey getting back tho! We are almost the same height / weight, minus 15lbs. Im trying to go up tho.

Tonight's workout was great. I didn't get there until late, I didn't really even want to go but my wife made me. Today was back and I start my 5x5

Did deadlifts 315 5x5. The 5th rep on the 5th set was a grind and I'm sure Blu would tear my form apart on it, but I got it locked out.

Also did BB rows, Lat Pull downs, DB Rows, Landmine OB twist, Hanging Hollow Holds, hanging Knee raises, and plank elbow taps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight's workout was great. I didn't get there until late, I didn't really even want to go but my wife made me. Today was back and I start my 5x5

Did deadlifts 315 5x5. The 5th rep on the 5th set was a grind and I'm sure Blu would tear my form apart on it, but I got it locked out.

Also did BB rows, Lat Pull downs, DB Rows, Landmine OB twist, Hanging Hollow Holds, hanging Knee raises, and plank elbow taps.

5x5 deads are no joke. I never train that many. That's some volume. That last set was most definitely a grind. I wouldn't tear it apart, well maybe not. Depends on whether it looks like a disc in your lumbar was trying escape.

What 5x5 program are you running? I'm not aware of too many that call for that much pulling volume.

5x5 deads are no joke. I never train that many. That's some volume. That last set was most definitely a grind. I wouldn't tear it apart, well maybe not. Depends on whether it looks like a disc in your lumbar was trying escape.

Haha, nothing that bad, just seemed like I used a lot more chest and shoulders to almost shrug it up.

Haha, nothing that bad, just seemed like I used a lot more chest and shoulders to almost shrug it up.

Don't let perfection get in the way of good enough.

Don't let perfection get in the way of good enough.

Oh don't get me wrong. I was super pumped getting through those deadlifts, especially being I did the Landmine twist, with 35 lb plate on the bar as a superset.

I am much of the belief, especially when trying to build lean muscle mass, that you can get the protein you need from food instead of supplements. I might suggest BCAAs to help with recovery, but they aren't going to help you look more defined. Creatine is another one to look into, and if you need more protein and have room in your calories, then protein powder can be an acceptable substitute, and it is one I rely on during days that I cannot get protein totally from food.

Good luck on your journey sir
I think glutemine is one of the best OTC supplements there is. Very good for recovery

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think glutemine is one of the best OTC supplements there is. Very good for recovery

Interesting. I never thought of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Interesting. I never thought of it. Thanks for the heads up.
I mix it with isolate protein post workout. It helps me recover

This is a new 5rm for me

[video=youtube;t-w7BBUt6cs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-w7BBUt6cs&sns=em[/video]

New 3x3pr for me on the bench. 285lb.

Last edited:
I usually have a Guinness or chocolate milk for recovery. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I usually have a Guinness or chocolate milk for recovery. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Chocolate Milk is soooo good. I don't even drink it because if I bought it I would want the whole gallon unfortunately.

I've got a nearly 2 weeks worth of hotel gyms ahead of me - oh joy! :/

I've got a nearly 2 weeks worth of hotel gyms ahead of me - oh joy! :/

As someone who has done it for 2.5 years, I feel your pain. Luckily at some sites I was able to grab a temp membership to a local gym. Might be worth looking into.

Crushed my 5x5 at lunch today. First time squatting i had no shoulder pain, and it was such a relief to just concentrate on the lift and not my shoulder. Did 285 squat, 100 OHP and 345 Deadlift 5x5. Just another shoutout to Blu for the squat tips and fixes, 285 felt great and i'm ready for more!

Crushed my 5x5 at lunch today. First time squatting i had no shoulder pain, and it was such a relief to just concentrate on the lift and not my shoulder. Did 285 squat, 100 OHP and 345 Deadlift 5x5. Just another shoutout to Blu for the squat tips and fixes, 285 felt great and i'm ready for more!

You're running StrongLifts? Why so many sets on the deadlift? I thought that program called for one set of 5?

You're running StrongLifts? Why so many sets on the deadlift? I thought that program called for one set of 5?

Sorry you're right I just said 5x5 as habit. I did 1x5 deads as the program calls for

f4d7091aaace2d36c0e2635d5528c7dd.jpg

Storm work all weekend= No gym. I get to just concentrate on the Bulk now

Lol the FrogTech bulk is an oldie but a goodie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back