The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a blistering 48* here this morning. Wanted to ride the bike outside, but it was just too cold. Indoor training was just ok.
I feel you buddy. It's miserably cold out there.

But man was it gorgeous this weekend

I feel you buddy. It's miserably cold out there.

But man was it gorgeous this weekend
48 is miserably cold? You guys are soft.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

48 is miserably cold? You guys are soft.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Very soft. I'm not ashamed to admit it either.

Cold weather sucks

The phone ringing at 5am is never for a good reason. Wife's aunt, who's been battling lung cancer and a brain tumor the past few years, suffered a heart attack around 2. They're just waiting for the rest of her immediate family to get to the hospital at this point. Sadly, we all knew this might happen sooner or later, but it always comes as a shock when it does.

F cancer.

Sorry to hear that Russ.

So -

Gout in my ankle is still not better - going on 10 days. Two days of crutches last week.

GF father died on Sunday AM - It is a blessing in disguise, as he had alzheimer's something terrible, 67 years old.

Dropped my car off for new tires - turns out there is a leak INTO the AC system from the engine coolant mechanism - "We need to keep the car until tomorrow". I bet.

At least the weather warmed up - 67* today, with sunshine.

Sorry to hear this Dave. Hope Lori is doing as good as she can in this situation.
Alzheimer's is terrible.

So -

Gout in my ankle is still not better - going on 10 days. Two days of crutches last week.

GF father died on Sunday AM - It is a blessing in disguise, as he had alzheimer's something terrible, 67 years old.

Dropped my car off for new tires - turns out there is a leak INTO the AC system from the engine coolant mechanism - "We need to keep the car until tomorrow". I bet.

It's a blistering 48* here this morning. Wanted to ride the bike outside, but it was just too cold. Indoor training was just ok.
Feel you're pain. Played in pawleys island this weekend. Frozen to the core.

Currently 42*

So -

Ouch - rough day(s) Dave - hope things turn around! Take care of that ankle... And Alzheimers sucks.

We are suppose to play in the morning and the whole group says no, will not go if it is below 40. Bunch of old pu$$ies, it will be back above 40 by 8:30. I am going anyway, we wait all year for a some cool weather and I have plenty of warm clothes for the 1st hour or so.

So -

Take care of that ankle and car stuff sucks and sorry to hear about the death. Better times ahead!

We are suppose to play in the morning and the whole group says no, will not go if it is below 40. Bunch of old pu$$ies, it will be back above 40 by 8:30. I am going anyway, we wait all year for a some cool weather and I have plenty of warm clothes for the 1st hour or so.

No chance I would have gone out early this morning. My run damn near killed me. Golf in the cold is just awful.

But the sun is out!!!

No chance I would have gone out early this morning. My run damn near killed me. Golf in the cold is just awful.

40s are still golf weather imo. Hell I'll be out in it today with 17 high school players at 41 as a high.

But, that's how/why I golf year round.

40s are still golf weather imo. Hell I'll be out in it today with 17 high school players at 41 as a high.

But, that's how/why I golf year round.

I would play in the lower 40's for a special occasion, like a great course or event, but I"m not going out until it warms up on a normal day. Probably in another 30 minutes to an hour here, I would go out.

So -

Sorry about your GF and hope the ankle feels better.

Wow Dave, bad things do come in threes.

I'm convinced that the general population of this planet are arrogant a**holes.

I'm convinced that the general population of this planet are arrogant a**holes.
Especially if you deal with them in the retail setting

Ouch fellas.....

I'm sorry?

Ouch fellas.....

I'm sorry?
Go out of my way to make sure a customer is taken care of, get here early and work on his bike for him while he waits. Typically, I let a mechanic do this but it's a high maintenance guy so I wanted him to be taken care of when he needed it (In this case, 1 hour before we open). The entire time I am doing something for him, he constantly reminds me to be careful because his bike is expensive, tells me how to do what I am doing, asks what kind of education I have, and on and on. Do my best to do it all with a smile while constantly being annoyed.

I finish it up, and go to charge him, and he thinks he is being overcharged for something that was "basic and simple." He then tells me that he will wait until "The important people show up so he can discuss the charges with a manager or the owner."

I politely let him know the owner came in an hour early so he could work on a bike while he waited...

Arrogant prick.

Go out of my way to make sure a customer is taken care of, get here early and work on his bike for him while he waits. Typically, I let a mechanic do this but it's a high maintenance guy so I wanted him to be taken care of when he needed it (In this case, 1 hour before we open). The entire time I am doing something for him, he constantly reminds me to be careful because his bike is expensive, tells me how to do what I am doing, asks what kind of education I have, and on and on. Do my best to do it all with a smile while constantly being annoyed.

I finish it up, and go to charge him, and he thinks he is being overcharged for something that was "basic and simple." He then tells me that he will wait until "The important people show up so he can discuss the charges with a manager or the owner."

I politely let him know the owner came in an hour early so he could work on a bike while he waited...

Arrogant prick.
Sounds like you need security

Arrogant prick.

Oof. What a douche.

Arrogant prick.

Karma is a b!tch, my friend. He'll get his.

Arrogant prick.

I'll never understand people who are blatantly rude and arrogant to others. It's the same in restaurant settings to waiters/waitresses. Says a lot about them.

But don't let them get you down dude. plenty of good people out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back