The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather is going to get nasty tonight. 5 days in and a Tropical Storm is already on top of us. Not huge by any means, 40mph winds and what not, but still mildly annoying. Driving to work tomorrow morning should be fun.

Weather is going to get nasty tonight. 5 days in and a Tropical Storm is already on top of us. Not huge by any means, 40mph winds and what not, but still mildly annoying. Driving to work tomorrow morning should be fun.

I have a feeling my recent streak of not working any crashes may come to an end tomorrow. I didn't work one for all of 2011, I recently haven't worked one since March.

Saw that system on TWC. All the rain is on the East side of the rotation, right over Florida and enough to annoy golfing. Even though it's just a little one, stay safe.

I hope it's just fatigue, but I have no strength in my hands, I was dropping crap all day.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I do this sometimes too. Not from tired hands though, Mexican food is the culprit for me.

I'd offer sympathy, but.. Bwhaahhaahhaa

What kinda trouble?

Zip it shrimp tail. Just some issues with the ferrules and removing the brass plug stuck in one of the heads.

Zip it shrimp tail. Just some issues with the ferrules and removing the brass plug stuck in one of the heads.

If you only has someone to text who would help however he could....hehe

Ferrules too tight? As for the plug, heat and a small flathead screwdriver prying around the edges usually does it, just can be a little tedious sometimes.

I will mess with it tomorrow and see if I can get r done.

House has been on the market for about 8 months since we moved to Colorado. Market is very slow, but got our second contract accepted about a week and a half ago (first fell through last winter). New inspection revealed nothing new that we wouldn't fix for a couple hundred bucks. For some reason, sellers backed out. Argh!!!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

House has been on the market for about 8 months since we moved to Colorado. Market is very slow, but got our second contract accepted about a week and a half ago (first fell through last winter). New inspection revealed nothing new that we wouldn't fix for a couple hundred bucks. For some reason, sellers backed out. Argh!!!

That sucks. At least you are getting offers. We had ours up for ten months, had ten people come through and got zero offers. Finally we said eff it we aren't giving it away and stayed. Seeing how you have already moved, you obviously don't have that luxury.

Are you using a realtor? We tried using a realtor the first house we sold and they wanted us to ask an unreasonable price to pad their own pockets. We fired the realtor and priced the house to sell and two days later it was sold.

A realtor is always going to tell you your house is worth way more than it actually is. Going FSBO my wife and I sold our last house in less than a day.

Are you using a realtor? We tried using a realtor the first house we sold and they wanted us to ask an unreasonable price to pad their own pockets. We fired the realtor and priced the house to sell and two days later it was sold.

A realtor is always going to tell you your house is worth way more than it actually is. Going FSBO my wife and I sold our last house in less than a day.

I've done both ways in the past, and as we aren't there anymore, don't really have the FSBO option. I trust our realtor and feel good about the price, so don't think that's an issue.

Just a slow market and crappy luck at this point. Thanks for the ideas though!

If you only has someone to text who would help however he could....hehe

Ferrules too tight? As for the plug, heat and a small flathead screwdriver prying around the edges usually does it, just can be a little tedious sometimes.

Screw driver or pliers. Just be able to get a decent grip on it and it'll come out after some heat like JMan said. Not uncommon, I had a similar issue happen with me and it took some trial and error work to get it out

Not always. A home that's over priced is a two way curse. Unhappy seller, and we don't get paid until it sells. Why would I want to keep you mad and also keep a listing I can't sell because I gave you an unrealistic expectation and priced it higher than the comparable sales indicate it should be priced?

If anything, it should be up to the seller who ultimately should set the price. We tell them a range price based on comps, look at the home in person and judge the heck out of its condition, then give a recommendation. If the seller wants to move fast, price it lower to look like the better deal. If it's priced higher, be prepared to sit (and ultimately, be ready to drop the price within 2 weeks if the market is rejecting your price by the lack of showings)

We're not all scum bags JRod, only a portion haha

Not always. A home that's over priced is a two way curse. Unhappy seller, and we don't get paid until it sells. Why would I want to keep you mad and also keep a listing I can't sell because I gave you an unrealistic expectation and priced it higher than the comparable sales indicate it should be priced?

If anything, it should be up to the seller who ultimately should set the price. We tell them a range price based on comps, look at the home in person and judge the heck out of its condition, then give a recommendation. If the seller wants to move fast, price it lower to look like the better deal. If it's priced higher, be prepared to sit (and ultimately, be ready to drop the price within 2 weeks if the market is rejecting your price by the lack of showings)

We're not all scum bags JRod, only a portion haha

Same thing with mechanics dude I feel your pain.

Most of them are terrible so we all get lumped together.

sorry I was gone all day, what the eff u think ur doing?

Glad you got him. I've been swamped at work and my usual workplace distraction hasn't been around so I didn't swing the hammer on wrong ponder Wednesday.

Glad you got him. I've been swamped at work and my usual workplace distraction hasn't been around so I didn't swing the hammer on wrong ponder Wednesday.

lol at "workplace distraction"

Haha I just couldn't help it! Visions of awesomeness came to mind as I read Hawks interview!

I apologize War please forgive me!

Same thing with mechanics dude I feel your pain.

Most of them are terrible so we all get lumped together.

Sucks bunches. At least the horror stories I always get a good laugh over, makes me feel better when I have a bad day

I've done both ways in the past, and as we aren't there anymore, don't really have the FSBO option. I trust our realtor and feel good about the price, so don't think that's an issue.

Just a slow market and crappy luck at this point. Thanks for the ideas though!

Did you remove the coeds from the basement before putting it on the market? Prospective buyers hate hearing cries for help during their walkthrough. I learned that lesson the hard way.

If the agent is doing their job, it is costing them money to have your house on the market for an extended period of time. If they aren't spending any money marketing the property then I guess they have no incentive to move it quickly, but you don't want them anyway.

I'm working a trade time today, so what happens? I get stuck on the truck going to the service garage and we have been here an hr and they haven't looked at the truck yet, oh and it's starting to rain! I effffing hate open cab engines in crappy weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back