10K Horseshoe Bay 2 Man Tournament - I'm Psyched!

Also the skins is where it's at in this tournament. It's $20 bucks a person ($40 a team) except in the championship flight where it's $50 a person ($100 a team). If you are playing good you have a pretty good chance on taking him some skin money. We played with the team on Sunday that won the only skin and it came on a easy par 5 where they eagled the hole. I actually burned the edge for eagle and gave them a really good read.

Thanks again for all the well wishes this weekend! This was our 6th year at playing this tournament and we've been close a few times. The pieces just seemed to fall in place this weekend. At one point the guys we played with on Sunday noticed our ham and egging that occured most of the day. The guys we played with on Saturday nicknamed us Ground and Pound. I took care of the long game and he rolled in all the putts. It was pretty spot on.

We started the day 1 stroke back and felt good about that. They switched up the courses this year (by a few players request, yes me :D) which put us on the white tees Saturday on the harder course and the blue tees on the easier or better scoring course, at least we thought. Looked like the guys struggled with the longer course on Sunday which was an advantage for us. We made 8 birdies and 0 bogies and even missed a 3 footer on 18 for a 9th birdie. Can you imagine if that miss would have cost us 1st?! But it didn't and we FINALLY beat the college boys that finished in 5th I believe (meep and meep).

Drove the ball well all weekend long. Iron play was good at times but then would take a siesta here and there. My wedges, which are usually a strength were on a permanent snooze and only woke up from time to time. But the back 9 on Sunday they did and we had some good looks.

Looking forward to heading back next year and maybe with a few more THP'ers!

Brings a smile to face brother. If you hit it even half as good as in Cali then you had jaws dropping all weekend just gazing into the horizon as your ball flew threw the air.

Do you get to use the resort credit to pay for the entry next year?

I was asking that same thing to Jon after we left. Since he moved to the website to sign up I don't think it's going to be possible but will ask Joe later on. Thinking I'll just take my family back there sometime in the spring for a weekend.

Brings a smile to face brother. If you hit it even half as good as in Cali then you had jaws dropping all weekend just gazing into the horizon as your ball flew threw the air.
The 745 has been retired. It was the true star this weekend.

So you pay in cash but the 1k won is in resort credit? Just want to make sure I understand as I ponder this for next year.

Let's go! I'm your Huckleberry!

Definitely will be down there next year!

Definitely will be down there next year!

For those that don't know Horseshoe Bay Resort and Golf do a quick search on it. It's always on the top destinations to play golf lists out there. The prize money and winnings is secondary. The golf and the overall weekend is the real reason people come to play in this event.

Enjoyed following along with you guys this weekend. Congratulations again on the win and looking forward to next year.

Congrats on the win! That is awesome!

Awesome win gents, Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a call from the tournament director, he forgot to give us our free nights stay at the resort for winning the flight. Nice surprise.

Cookie, add that to the list of what you can win.

Nate -
I enjoyed reading the thread - Congrats!! Sounds like it was a blast!!

Way to go NATE! Very cool to see your name in 1st place.

Congrats Big Time!

Ok, last post in here I promise! :lying: But I'm sure a lot of you can relate to this moment in competition at some point in your life.

We get to the last hole of the tournament after just coming off a birdie on 17 to get to -8 for the day. We'd play 35 total holes to get ourselves a darn good shot at coming in with a good day 2 score and maybe being in contention in the championship flight, something we'd tried to do the last 5 years. All weekend my partner had teed off first so that I could get aggressive off the tee and it had worked to perfection. I thought we needed to get to -8 for the 2nd day to have a shot. We had just one more hole to get through.

The 18th isn't a hard hole but it does have a severe dogleg left that you can either try your hand at going over the trees on the left side or playing a slight draw to bend it around. I hadn't even removed a club from my bag when I hear my partner hit is tee shot which is followed by some tree limb sounds on it's way down the left side of the trees. OB. I could not believe it. 35 holes we'd play perfect and now we were one more OB drive away from blowing our chances.

I know, I know, but you're saying to yourself, "Nate, just get up there and hit it down the middle with a slight draw and play it safe." I agreed. I pull the 3 wood and I've never seen the golf ball so small sitting there on the tee. After a few waggles I also started to wonder why my club head seemed to be shaking to the left and right as I lined up the shot. Was I shaking? The 3 wood was the one club in the bag that I could play a draw with however my miss was a snap draw which was up front and center in my mind at that moment. It had all come down to this one shot off the tee. Get it in play and you are still golden. Over hook OB and the tournament was probably lost. One shot.

What a moment it was. I hit one of the best 3 woods I've hit, with a baby draw right around the corner and landed before the fairway bunkers at the turn. I felt all the anxiety leave my body and it was filled with adrenaline. Something I'll never forget and can draw from in the future.

One shot.

That's awesome Nate.

I actually drive by Nate while they were on the 18th green and I felt like it was a huge putt for them. The putt was only a few feet and they were studying it harder than a 20 foot putt.

I actually drive by Nate while they were on the 18th green and I felt like it was a huge putt for them. The putt was only a few feet and they were studying it harder than a 20 foot putt.

In which we both missed! LOL! Lucky we didn't need it in the end!

In which we both missed! LOL! Lucky we didn't need it in the end!
Great story there Nate.
One more thought about the tournament. Glad they changed the date. If they had retained the old date , you would have possibly played in crappy weather again this year.
The tournament director definitely made the right choice.

Great story of your last shot Nate, I love that feeling of the pressure and the focus. I've experienced it in Morgan Cups and when you execute the shot with all that anxiety and nervous energy flowing through you is even more icing on the cake. Well done my friend. I can't believe your partner sh!t the bed off the 36th tee of the tournament! Way to pick it up and win the thing bro!

Last chance boys.....only a few spots remaining for this year. 4 weeks till it all goes down!

These next 4 weeks will fly by.

In a few hours I'll be heading down to ATX for our 7th year to the 2 man shootout. This year is a little more special as we're returning as last years champs. Looking forward in returning as the prize $$$ and day $$$ has gone up to 15K. cwmonroe and his brother will be joining the fun once again. Sunny, highs in the 70's and hopefully some good golf to be played down in the hillcountry on the lake!

Cant believe its been a year already, wow. Good luck Nate!! Back to Back Champs!!!

Next year I'm there, put it down

Back