Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 Driver Preview

I'm suprised the MAtrix wasn't stiff enough for you. You must make a pretty strong turn on the ball.
The Matrix works for me in stiff, but its a bit on the loose side with a 4.0tq rating. The legit HD6 or HD7 is a 90 dollar upgrade when ordering I believe and the Tour AD's were 150.
This club is almost a lock to be in my bag soon, but the XL Custom will get one more chance to win me over. If I go with the XCG6 I will probably custom order a HD7 in Stiff if I can get one....I believe they are discontinued.

I'd definitely like to try one of these next time I'm in a location that has them.

Still in the honeymoon phase with this driver & it's working great. I see no reason I'd want to switch for quite awhile.

This driver tested rather high in that edwin watts independent driver dispersion and distance test.

Well, since having two really positive sessions with this driver it seems to have fallen flat on it's face for me. I just can't seem to re-create the magic we once saw together and my eyes are moving towards other drivers. This club at it's best outperforms everything quite handily in distance and in accuracy but for some reason the misses with it don't even have a chance. The long length and lack of weight in the clubhead seem to combine with my swing to create some absolutely terrible swipes every now and then and those misses are what I need out of my game...even if it costs me some distance.
If you are a golfer with a very predictable and consistent swing this club will be epic for you. I can't believe I am writing this still because I was so high on this driver for the last month or so.

It happens AG. Trust me.

Well, since having two really positive sessions with this driver it seems to have fallen flat on it's face for me. I just can't seem to re-create the magic we once saw together and my eyes are moving towards other drivers. This club at it's best outperforms everything quite handily in distance and in accuracy but for some reason the misses with it don't even have a chance. The long length and lack of weight in the clubhead seem to combine with my swing to create some absolutely terrible swipes every now and then and those misses are what I need out of my game...even if it costs me some distance.
If you are a golfer with a very predictable and consistent swing this club will be epic for you. I can't believe I am writing this still because I was so high on this driver for the last month or so.

What's the shaft weight? I never tried a lighter shaft until this year when I tested the Covert, with a 50g shaft. I could really feel the clubhead better than with the 60g. Really liked that.

AG: What shaft length are you playing? I personally think the trend of longer shafts isn't good for the average player. The best thing (for me) with a driver is to be able to hit the ball in the middle of the face with the club head squared. Longer shafts do nothing to help me achieve either of those things.

I find when I pick up a 45 or 44.5 inch driver, I pretty much hit it flush every single time. I might lose 10 yards on distance between better hits with longer shafted clubs, but I hit it more solidly more often with the shorter club.

Dumb question, but have you tried choking up? I do this with my current driver (which plays to 45.75), and it has done wonders for my tee game.

Sorry to hear that man. I'm still stroking mine.

Its odd to walk in the local golf shop & not even want to look at other drivers.

What's the shaft weight? I never tried a lighter shaft until this year when I tested the Covert, with a 50g shaft. I could really feel the clubhead better than with the 60g. Really liked that.
Im not sure what the shaft weight is, but I have the issue where I cant feel the clubhead at all with the XCG6.
AG: What shaft length are you playing? I personally think the trend of longer shafts isn't good for the average player. The best thing (for me) with a driver is to be able to hit the ball in the middle of the face with the club head squared. Longer shafts do nothing to help me achieve either of those things.

I find when I pick up a 45 or 44.5 inch driver, I pretty much hit it flush every single time. I might lose 10 yards on distance between better hits with longer shafted clubs, but I hit it more solidly more often with the shorter club.

Dumb question, but have you tried choking up? I do this with my current driver (which plays to 45.75), and it has done wonders for my tee game.
My current gamer plays at 44.5" and I have no doubt that the excess length is a large part of my falling out with the XCG6. I will give it another chance before writing it off completely because it was just so damn good.

Currently gaming xcg 4 exotic irons and driver going to have to give this a shot...

Can anybody give me their thoughts on the two stock shaft offerings on this club (Matrix Ozik vs Graphite Design Tour AD)? I know next to nothing about shafts so I figured I'd ask the experts. What are the main differences between the two shafts in terms of flight path, spin, etc. I'm going to test both options out soon but I thought I'd do a little homework first so I had a little knowledge going in.

If it matters at all, I usually swing a regular flex shaft.

Can anybody give me their thoughts on the two stock shaft offerings on this club (Matrix Ozik vs Graphite Design Tour AD)? I know next to nothing about shafts so I figured I'd ask the experts. What are the main differences between the two shafts in terms of flight path, spin, etc. I'm going to test both options out soon but I thought I'd do a little homework first so I had a little knowledge going in.

If it matters at all, I usually swing a regular flex shaft.
The GD AD 40 is a lighter & higher torque shaft than the Matrix Ozik. The GD should produce faster swing speed & more distance, but you may lose a little accuracy.

Swung Army's XCG6 yesterday at the range before our round, and I have to say I am very impressed. When I hit this thing on the screws it launched like almost nothing I've played. I've got no numbers on it, but I know it sure feels more solid than my gamer. Plus it doesn't sound like a kitchen pot like the R11S haha. I may have to find a way to get one on a launch monitor to compare to my gamer - the real question is forgiveness, because the way I was swinging I could hit nearly anything fairly straight, even a Black Tie.

Swung Army's XCG6 yesterday at the range before our round, and I have to say I am very impressed. When I hit this thing on the screws it launched like almost nothing I've played. I've got no numbers on it, but I know it sure feels more solid than my gamer. Plus it doesn't sound like a kitchen pot like the R11S haha. I may have to find a way to get one on a launch monitor to compare to my gamer - the real question is forgiveness, because the way I was swinging I could hit nearly anything fairly straight, even a Black Tie.

It was sweet watching you hit that bad boy. I know when I had it on a monitor that the ball speeds were always higher than whatever I was comparing it to with the same swing speed. You naturally launch the ball high so a lower spinning head like the XCG6 is going to give you extra yards for sure.

With your ball striking ability I think you could feasibly game any driver on the market.

It was sweet watching you hit that bad boy. I know when I had it on a monitor that the ball speeds were always higher than whatever I was comparing it to with the same swing speed. You naturally launch the ball high so a lower spinning head like the XCG6 is going to give you extra yards for sure.

With your ball striking ability I think you could feasibly game any driver on the market.

I dunno, I don't think I could get the SLDR to work...I couldn't hit that thing worth a crap when I was on an LM haha. That being said, I did get extra yards with the SLDR when I hit it on the screws, and that's a super low spin head, so you may very well be on to something here.

Finally found the shaft I've been looking for. Going to order the adapter & grip for it Monday & hope to have it together by Saturday.

I hit this combo when I was demoing my driver & got more carry & distance, but I was straighter with the Matrix shaft I ultimately went with. Now that I'm pretty consistent again, I want to see what I can do with this shaft.

XCG5-2-6.jpg

Loved my older exotics driver.. But the weird thing, all the exotics I ever hit go a mile high? No matter what loft I tried or shaft flex.. Maybe exotics is just a game improvement club... .?
Great for a tight course,,.but when needed to air one out.. They stink
callaway old school diablo still the longest out

Loved my older exotics driver.. But the weird thing, all the exotics I ever hit go a mile high? No matter what loft I tried or shaft flex.. Maybe exotics is just a game improvement club... .?
Great for a tight course,,.but when needed to air one out.. They stink
callaway old school diablo still the longest out
My XCG6 is a 10.5* w/ a stiff Matrix Ozik HD 6. I struggle to get much height at all with this combo, but it runs a country mile when it hits the ground. That's the reason I want to try the new shaft. I think I'm going to need more carry in the wet conditions @ the Lake Charles Invitational. The course we're playing is notorious for over watering.

My XCG6 is a 10.5* w/ a stiff Matrix Ozik HD 6. I struggle to get much height at all with this combo, but it runs a country mile when it hits the ground. That's the reason I want to try the new shaft. I think I'm going to need more carry in the wet conditions @ the Lake Charles Invitational. The course we're playing is notorious for over watering.
I,like the sound of that.. I need to research this further. What about the swing weight.? I been messing around with an E for a while.

Alright

you won, I just ordered one.. With the same specs. If it doesn't work for me..no biggie I have a whole garage of clubs

see how this works with the slam

I,like the sound of that.. I need to research this further. What about the swing weight.? I been messing around with an E for a while.
I have no idea what the SW is. All I can tell you is that it's definitely heavier than my Classic 270, but not as heavy as the R11.

I have no idea what the SW is. All I can tell you is that it's definitely heavier than my Classic 270, but not as heavy as the R11.

I really like the exotics stuff..I took the plunge.. For me, I,like drivers I can really " turn over.." ..only one I was able to do this with was the cobra speed driver. Hope I can do this with this one.l

I really like the exotics stuff..I took the plunge.. For me, I,like drivers I can really " turn over.." ..only one I was able to do this with was the cobra speed driver. Hope I can do this with this one.l
Cool. I play with an intentional fade for accuracy, so I can't speak to how easy it will be to turn the ball over.

Hope it works out for you. The combo of the low spin head & the stock Matrix shaft make for a low flying bullets for me. I'm actually considering getting the same head in 12* for days when there's not much wind.

Cool. I play with an intentional fade for accuracy, so I can't speak to how easy it will be to turn the ball over.

Hope it works out for you. The combo of the low spin head & the stock Matrix shaft make for a low flying bullets for me. I'm actually considering getting the same head in 12* for days when there's not much wind.

I,love low bullets..those high floaters stink...imo

excited, will update how I like it

Back