Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder Review Thread

I really enjoy this rangefinder. I was fortunate to get to test one of these out. I really liked the V3 and wondered "how much more do I really need?" Well, the Tour X answered that question. I never knew what a laser could do before the Tour X.

First and foremost Thanks to THP and Bushnell for this opportunity to test and provide feedback on the Tour X. I had all but given up on the possibilities of a Laser as part of my game. Until now I hadn't found one that was a good fit for my shaky hands. So my previous lasers were nothing more than a source of frustration and doubt.

We've all touched on ergonomics, speed, accuracy, meters or yards. clarity, versatility of changing screen colors, slope or no slope. The ease of use and manipulation of the different features on the Tour X is very appealing for me as well. I'm not the most technical guy, so this was a huge factor as well. This is a premium level device with a matching price point. However for those in the market for a laser with bells and whistles I think most if not all will be pleased with this unit.

Great job guys. Pretty informative review and you guys killed it with all the insights you provided.

i was looking at these before the review and now I really want one

Great info here in the thread. And now that i found out costco has a pretty decent deal on these (compared to regular golf stores like GG)... this is in now approached ponder mode.

Great info here in the thread. And now that i found out costco has a pretty decent deal on these (compared to regular golf stores like GG)... this is in now approached ponder mode.

It's a great ponder! What kind of deal are you seeing?

Did any of you have a chance to test the Tour X in foggy weather? I got rid of my Tour Z6 jolt mostly because it was worthless even in light fog, which is common where I live from November through March. I was thinking Bushnell would eventually add a fog mode like my Leupold has.

Last edited:
Did any of you have a chance to test the Tour X in foggy weather? I got rid of my Tour Z6 jolt mostly because it was worthless even in light fog, which is common where I live from November through March. I was thinking Bushnell would eventually add a fog mode.

No sorry I didn't have the opportunity.

Did any of you have a chance to test the Tour X in foggy weather? I got rid of my Tour Z6 jolt mostly because it was worthless even in light fog, which is common where I live from November through March. I was thinking Bushnell would eventually add a fog mode like my Leupold has.

I played a few rounds in the early morning where there was a bit of fog - nothing dense by any stretch and never had an issue.

Id like to see it at $400 but that's solid.

I'm watching several and I've seen some $320's... Maybe I just need to pull the trigger

The best deal I have seen from the golf retailers is $399 at TGW when they are running their 20% off one item sale, like they are right now.

It's a great ponder! What kind of deal are you seeing?
I saw $419, which might not be the cheapest on the planet, but i doubt you can return stuff after several years to any of these other places... love the costco return policy.

Had a chance to toy with one of these this past weekend. 2 thoughts:

- Ergonomics are fantastic
- Speed to get distance is just absurdly fast....extremely impressed how quick it returned the number, just wasn't expecting it to be that fast even after reading the comments here

Had a chance to toy with one of these this past weekend. 2 thoughts:

- Ergonomics are fantastic
- Speed to get distance is just absurdly fast....extremely impressed how quick it returned the number, just wasn't expecting it to be that fast even after reading the comments here

I''ll 2nd both of these points. Especially the speed, id say if I used it 10 times I had to reshoot 7-8 of them because it almost seemed too fast

One of the features I love is the ability to change from black to red. At first I thought this would be more of a "its neat and fun" kind of thing, but when playing early in the morning and the sun conditions and brightness outside changing quite a bit, its a fantastic option to have. Darker out or no sun, I am on the red setting. Bright out or facing the sun, I am using the black.

Just another feature that I think really speeds up the ability of the unit and player.

I agree that this is an awesome feature. However, I've been using my Tour X since last year and find that I'm always using the Black display. I'm wondering if it's just my device or if this is normal on all Tour X's.

The Red display just doesn't seem to show up very well, even on an overcast day and when I have it on the darkest setting. The Red on my buddy's Z6 really pops, but the lens also appears to be tinted darker which I think helps this, while my Tour X has no dark tint whatsoever.

Is this something other users are experiencing? JB, perhaps the THP crew at the PGA Show could ask this question to Bushnell? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to bump my post from last week - I know the THP staff was (and still is) crazy busy with the PGA Merchandise Show last week...

Have any other Tour X users experienced what I described above?

Just wanted to bump my post from last week - I know the THP staff was (and still is) crazy busy with the PGA Merchandise Show last week...

Mine seems pretty bright, I haven't experienced what you mentioned so unfortunately I can't help man. Sorry

I'm with Evok, mine seems pretty solid and would have no issues on a sunny day using it. I just prefer the black.

I actually used red a lot towards the end of the year and didn't have any issues.

Thanks guys. Maybe I'll give Bushnell a call.

Did you try to change the intensity of the red with the button on the side? There is 3 settings of intensity.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back