Round 3 of the FedEx Cup: BMW Championship (spoilers)

Jason Day at -16 with two holes to go. 3 strokes ahead of the field.

DJ with an eagle, these guys are good.

My fantasy team is so screwed. Oh well, had a fun season. I'll fade outside the top 10 cuz I have absolutely no starts left with anyone of value or worth. Now I wanna see some records fall.

What in the world, Jason just drops a 42 foot putt to go to -18. Rickey and Jordan liked it.

That's a video game leaderboard, right?

Jordan drops his eagle putt and goes -11 for the 2 days, but he is still 7 back. Wow!

Jordan drops his eagle putt and goes -11 for the 2 days, but he is still 7 back. Wow!

Jordan's approach shot on that hole was fantastic.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

The eight players on my fantasy team are a combined -41 in their rounds today so far. I like that.
Update: -47 for the second round. Ridiculous.

Jason Day is lapping the field. That's wild.

Watching the replay, seeing Rickie go off the deck with a driver twice and absolutely nutting it. Freaking ridiculous.

I had a choice to see this tourney live or go see Notre Dame play. This scoring is insane, I played this course and it is one where a 81 for an amateur from the tips is a good round. This isn't golf ... -18 under. Wanted to see this in person, but expected this place to give some kinda of a fight. What do we have to expect to challenge these guys anymore?

I had a choice to see this tourney live or go see Notre Dame play. This scoring is insane, I played this course and it is one where a 81 for an amateur from the tips is a good round. This isn't golf ... -18 under. Wanted to see this in person, but expected this place to give some kinda of a fight. What do we have to expect to challenge these guys anymore?

Get the ball in the hole as quickly as possible. Just shows how insanely good these guys are.

You don't need us open conditions and scores for the pros to have a good tournament. It's still them against the field.

Get the ball in the hole as quickly as possible. Just shows how insanely good these guys are.

You don't need us open conditions and scores for the pros to have a good tournament. It's still them against the field.
I'm excited watching the replay looking back at the course that kicked my butt. But this event is a playoff event , almost like a major for these guys. They are ripping this place up like it is a second hand event of some kind

almost now where anything under 7600 yards is too short for them.

But these guys aren't amateurs - touring pros are probably the top 0.1% of players in the world. On top of it, these guys are the best of those. Course is wet, conditions are good for scoring. As others have said, it's still them against the field. And Day is just playing out of his mind. The other guys are 5-7 strokes back.

It's stroke play. Score to par is irrelevant. They're all playing the same course in the same conditions. If one can score, they should all be scoring.

My little brother just got hit in the thigh by a shank from Zack Johnson on the range!!

Johnson did yell across to make sure he was ok but didn't come over.

4a2419abe39294d8b72c32ab833e2b9c.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome lol

This course is soaked...

Well, only other courses in the vicinity that I played that might be able to challenge these guys would be (Kemper/Shoreacres/Knollwood) . All of these can easily be pushed back another 500 yards or more. Very stern tests and I would say slightly harder than Conway

I would pick Kemper..IMHO

almost now where anything under 7600 yards is too short for them.
I would think that, in a tough set-up (see Merion), there are some good tests of golf at around 7000 yds. Unfortunately, those are few and far between.
Wet conditions might make a difference, as there is less roll.
But you are right, most golf courses can be overpowered with distance by the guys on Tour today.

I used to caddy at Kemper and will say that this place is tougher. Smaller fairways and more undulation in the greens...lots of places to miss and not recover. These guys are just good.

I used to caddy at Kemper and will say that this place is tougher. Smaller fairways and more undulation in the greens...lots of places to miss and not recover. These guys are just good.

Agree there. Not everyday these guys come to town, enjoy it

im off to see if we can stomp out some yellow jackets. And drink lots of beer

Have watched a lot of guys come through the 4th hole here. Keegan Bradley has the longest and strangest routine ever..... Everyone is missing short right or in the bunker right.

Scott piercy just plugged one in the junk on the right side of 4. I guess they are allowed to lift and drop. Hit a nice second through some trees near the green. Such pure strikes

I've never seen people so incredibly uptight about pictures at a tournament before. Thomas looked shook up after hitting a fan on 6. Mud and wetness continues...

Back