I Love watching Jason Dufner

huge Duffner fan - like the laid back style. He's just the average guy you see on the course every week - pot belly, long hair, looks like your average 30 hcp, but in reality is probalbly close to a +8 - f'n awesome !! GO WAGGLE MAN !!!

My wife and her sister both went to Auburn and they both say he is a good guy. The sis knew him personally. He also donated a big chunk of money to the tornado relief efforts here in Alabama last year. I hated when he lost the playoff last year- really hope he pulls it out tomorrow.

I am a fan of his this week but only for fantasy purposes, otherwise a little too vanilla for me.

You'd be surprised how much emotion this guy has. Obviously the facade doesn't show it but I think he beats himself up pretty good. Kinda self inflicting if you ask me. The blah, I wear pleated pants look doesn't help.

I saw him at Bayhill and I saw plenty of emotion from him, especially from the fairway bunker at #9. I also know he can launch a club pretty long after a duffed shot as well.

He makes me laugh. He hits an amazing shot and nothing.... I laugh when he does that. I kinda like him

Some people would call that a cocky trait, but I don't think he is. Just cool, calm, and collected out there. That's a good thing for a golfer under a lot of pressure. Dufner reminds me of Chad Campbell in his demeanor.

I like him, hope he wins something this year.

Hopefully this guy wins and doesn't become known for fading every Sunday.

PS he looks like a Simpsons character. Barney?

I agree with the Simpson ref.

Charlie Rhymer was locked in on the waggle on GC. Trying to pull similarities with Garcia's regrip at the US open. I don't see it, the similarities that is. The waggle relieves tension and the regrip is a head thing, IMO

I agree with the Simpson ref.

Charlie Rhymer was locked in on the waggle on GC. Trying to pull similarities with Garcia's regrip at the US open. I don't see it, the similarities that is. The waggle relieves tension and the regrip is a head thing, IMO

Yah when Rhymer or Tilghman start talking I just stop listening.

Hmm weird. What I saw Charlie said they were nothing alike. He loved Dufs waggle and said more needed to do it.

C'mon Duf!

Was nice to see Duffner win since it was his first win, but geez show a bit a emotion!

Love that Jason got the win in N.O.!! Love his style of play, he seems really laid back out there.

Got to say I became a fan of Duffner while he was battling Bradley for the PGA Championship. Perhaps it's my age (45), but I prefer the old guard, Phil, Stricker, Choi and Couples, I like a bit of substance to my player rather than all the flash like Fowler and Gay. Duffner seems to fit the latter mold of a player that paid his dues before he cashed in. He's been on tour for 5 1/2 years and I'll bet very few could pick him out of a line-up before the PGA with Bradley.

Got to say I became a fan of Duffner while he was battling Bradley for the PGA Championship. Perhaps it's my age (45), but I prefer the old guard, Phil, Stricker, Choi and Couples, I like a bit of substance to my player rather than all the flash like Fowler and Gay. Duffner seems to fit the latter mold of a player that paid his dues before he cashed in. He's been on tour for 5 1/2 years and I'll bet very few could pick him out of a line-up before the PGA with Bradley.

I like Duffner for a lot of these reasons also. I was glad to see that he was able to pull out a win this weekend and no fist pumping, knuckle bumping etc. He just makes his shots, if there good great, if not, well there's only one person at fault.

I agree. I saw him at TPC Boston last year and three things stood out to me. 1- he's really good about interacting with fans- he talked to them pretty much the entire time we followed him 2 he dips, but isn't ashamed of it and packs absolute bombs and 3 he really is that calm and collected and just has an awesome demeanor about him 4 - side note and extra- his fiance is absolutely stunning.

Looks like he's just rolled out of bed, hair a mess, doesn't look like a stylist put him together, pants and shirt seem a little too big. His game is great. When he had the drop on 16 and drained a 41' put for par.....damn that's where the stoic nature works in your favor. Just seems like a guy you want to have a beer with and go fishing. Became a fan during the PGA when he was walking up the 15th after his approach and the camera caught him taking a big wad of chew out of his mouth and droping it on the ground. Cameras quickly moved on. Saw an interview with him and his explination as to why he is so stone faced....."don't know how to be anything else, never get too high or too low, at some point it's going to work in my favor." Welcome hole 16!

I agree. I saw him at TPC Boston last year and three things stood out to me. 1- he's really good about interacting with fans- he talked to them pretty much the entire time we followed him 2 he dips, but isn't ashamed of it and packs absolute bombs and 3 he really is that calm and collected and just has an awesome demeanor about him 4 - side note and extra- his fiance is absolutely stunning.

Indeed!

I don't have anything against Jason personally, don't know much about him, but watching him waggle before each shot just makes my blood boil a bit and I just want him to hit the ball already. Other than that good for him on the win.

I like Dufner. He's fun to watch because he makes me nervous every swing. Zero flash, all game. Like it.

His waggle is pretty deceiving to me. It's all relaxed and lazy and then KA-BAM his actual swing is pretty fast.

I am a fan of American golf and he is good for American golf. He seems like a good old boy as well. I like that. Oh, and he hits some golf shots as well. Go USA!

He is a regular guy who happens to be a great golfer, hopefully winning won't change who he is.

I don't have anything against Jason personally, don't know much about him, but watching him waggle before each shot just makes my blood boil a bit and I just want him to hit the ball already. Other than that good for him on the win.
The thing is the guy plays decently quickly. Sure, the waggles take a bit of time but after the last one it's club down and then *BAM*. I much prefer that to someone who sets up and then stands there doing nothing for the same amount of time. I'd be curious to see what his average speed of play is; if I had to guess it's probably not on the high end.

Back