Wilson Staff Fybrid RS

Are we talking last years Mashie or this years? Because I haven't hit the 2012 version.

Last year's Mashie.

You are making it very hard for me to wait until after the outing to buy this puppy. I have gone from ponder mode to full on ponder mode, it is killing me

Nah, you should wait. There will be so many other 3woods there for you to try. There's absolutely nothing sexy about this 3wood but it just works. The head seems a lot smaller than other 3woods I've had in the past. Well, it is sexy. It looks great with that VTS shaft in it.

Last year's Mashie.

I think the Mashie was probably a little longer for me, and I had the M3, but I couldn't not hook the bejesus out of that club JN. The Fybrid does two things really well:

1. gets the ball up
2. makes the ball go straight

Well, and it sounds awesome. Does it come with a Miyazaki shaft? Nope. But you can get it with the VTS which has been really good so far. I think the Mashie is easier to hit off the deck too, but the Fybrid is better off the tee.

Nah, you should wait. There will be so many other 3woods there for you to try. There's absolutely nothing sexy about this 3wood but it just works. The head seems a lot smaller than other 3woods I've had in the past. Well, it is sexy. It looks great with that VTS shaft in it.

I know you are right, but I have already compared it to about 10 other woods at Myrtle Beach and it is pulling me very hard. Like you say, nothing sexy but it just works. And JNate, I did compare it to this years Mashie, it came in at second, but not as close as you would have thought.

I think the Mashie was probably a little longer for me, and I had the M3, but I couldn't not hook the bejesus out of that club JN. The Fybrid does two things really well:

1. gets the ball up
2. makes the ball go straight

Well, and it sounds awesome. Does it come with a Miyazaki shaft? Nope. But you can get it with the VTS which has been really good so far. I think the Mashie is easier to hit off the deck too, but the Fybrid is better off the tee.

Thanks for the info, TC. When I get out on the course with the M3, I'll probably be basing my final decision on how it performs for me. the Fybrid is tempting...

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Nice! It's hard to be a full on Euro homer without rep'ing some W/S gear in your bag.

The 3wood is sneaky long. I hit it a couple of times yesterday and as soon as I hit the ball I thought, "meh, that was ok". Then when I got to my ball and saw what kind of yardage I had left I was very surprised.

Yup, only just got rid of the last of my W/S gear 3 weeks ago and already I need more. Paddy's influence is strong.

So it goes straight, and it's easy off the tee? Ah, can't see how I won't love it.

Oh good, I found the perfect thread to brag about why you shouldn't rule out ebay when buying new clubs.

I just picked up a 19.5*, a 21*, and a 24* brand new with matching headcovers for $120 shipped. There's not a lot of demand for these clubs, and the guy had it listed as an auction for the lot. There was no bids on it and it was about to expire, so I put a bid in with 5 seconds left and got it for $99 plus $20 in shipping.

Doesn't hurt to be left handed when looking for deals.

Think they're fakes? Nope! The guy runs a pro shop and is an authorized retailer of Wilson sporting equipment.

I am the happiest guy in town.

Nice pickup right there! It's amazing how economically one can snag up some W/S gear. I'm going to wait until next year to pick up some V2's when they can be had on the cheap.

Nice pickup right there! It's amazing how economically one can snag up some W/S gear. I'm going to wait until next year to pick up some V2's when they can be had on the cheap.

You're telling me. I just picked up the original fybrid (I believe from 2010) earlier this year for $15 shipped. i was waiting on a deal to buy myself another fybrid to replace my 3 iron because I absolutely love the 19.5*

You're telling me. I just picked up the original fybrid (I believe from 2010) earlier this year for $15 shipped. i was waiting on a deal to buy myself another fybrid to replace my 3 iron because I absolutely love the 19.5*

It's interesting how good these Fybrids are and hardly anyone knows about them. I think the RS Fybrids are going to be a hit at the demo day this year.

It's interesting how good these Fybrids are and hardly anyone knows about them. I think the RS Fybrids are going to be a hit at the demo day this year.

I'll honestly be shocked if the aren't. So good, so, so, good.

I hope they don't get too popular, or else I won't be able to refresh the hybrids in my bag with new W/S every year ;)
I have a taylormade rescue, the 2011 one, that I paid good money for.
Yeah, you guessed it. That club sits at home while I go out and game the Wilson.
Unfortunately though, with the addition of a 21* and a 24*, I might need to start using the 18* taylormade again as a 19.5* w/s isn't much different from the 21*.

There's something special about that 19.5* though, there really is..

I completely agree about the 19.5*. When I absolutely must hit a fairway, I reckon that's the club to do the job.

I completely agree about the 19.5*. When I absolutely must hit a fairway, I reckon that's the club to do the job.

Yep, I actually play a slight fade and I can get a baby draw out of this all day long.
I am in love with watching it after I hit it. It's a genuine piercing ball flight. it starts low, moving quick, and it rises slowly into the air, slowly it keep rising higher and higher, and then the bottom falls out about 230 yards away for a nice soft landing. Literally it's exactly what I want out of my 2.5 iron shot :p

Oh good, I found the perfect thread to brag about why you shouldn't rule out ebay when buying new clubs.

I just picked up a 19.5*, a 21*, and a 24* brand new with matching headcovers for $120 shipped. There's not a lot of demand for these clubs, and the guy had it listed as an auction for the lot. There was no bids on it and it was about to expire, so I put a bid in with 5 seconds left and got it for $99 plus $20 in shipping.

Doesn't hurt to be left handed when looking for deals.

Think they're fakes? Nope! The guy runs a pro shop and is an authorized retailer of Wilson sporting equipment.

I am the happiest guy in town.
You must have snagged the Regular flex auction that he was running. I snagged the Stiff flex auction:) Too goo to pass up.

I want to take a moment to add my thoughts on these clubs.

I own last years Fybrid HS 19.5*, and this year's Fybrid RS 24* (4 hybrid). The each have the current year stiff 82g Half/Half shaft. The Wilson rep did me a huge favor and reshafted the 19.5* from the old Half/Half which was way too soft for me. The new shaft is a serious improvement.

Anyway, similar to many here I like both clubs. I prefer the sounds/feel of the older one, which I describe as a "thwack". To me, the newer one feels more like a standard steel faced hybrid. Not that it is bad, just not as solid. I believe this is different than what an earlier person mentioned, so it's interesting to me how two people can perceive the feel so differently.

As for looks, I prefer the new one. I like the mini-fairway wood shape - it just sets up so nicely/squarely behind the ball that I have so much confidence I am going to rip it right at target.

As for performance, they are consistent when it comes to distance, forgiving, and workable when needed. I can turn them either way, and hit low when needed to escape from trouble or keep under the wind. Distance wise I would call them average. They do not perform up to Rocketballz distance, but I think that is not a problem as I have set them up to fill yardage gaps and they do that well. I hit the 19.5* about 215, the 24* about 200. My 5 iron is about 185, so a nice distance gap for me.

I don't think you can go wrong with these especially if you are looking for a consistent performer.

Nope, I',m a lefty. Got the lefty stiffs ;)

Mine came in today, here some pictures with my old Fybrid and my new one. The new Fybrid is definitely a bit bigger than the old one. The shaft is nice and can't wait to get out and hit some balls with it.
44188394-5098-8b04.jpg
44188394-50ad-45de.jpg
44188394-50b9-c5d9.jpg

I tapatalk better than I tapaputt.

Fybrid 19.5 hit ball. Ball go far. RPR will like.

Hehehe

Fybrid 19.5 hit ball. Ball go far. RPR will like.

Hehehe
Did anyone notice that the new Fybrid is shorter than the same loft of the previous generation? The 19.5 HS is 41 and the new 19.5 RS is 40.5, or maybe it's just the H/H versions of it.

Did anyone notice that the new Fybrid is shorter than the same loft of the previous generation? The 19.5 HS is 41 and the new 19.5 RS is 40.5, or maybe it's just the H/H versions of it.

H/H come the same length as a steel shifter hybrid, the graphite will be a longer shaft. Pretty much normal procedure for most companies. I think that's why I prefer steel in my hybrids, closer to iron lengths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H/H come the same length as a steel shifter hybrid, the graphite will be a longer shaft. Pretty much normal procedure for most companies. I think that's why I prefer steel in my hybrids, closer to iron lengths.

That's weird Jman. i don't see a mention of that anywhere, but I could be blind. I looked everywhere for H/H specs but couldn't find anything. I don't even see a mention of a H/H shaft offering on the RS page in fact. I actually prefer the shorter length so i'm not worried about it, just wondered.

That's weird Jman. i don't see a mention of that anywhere, but I could be blind. I looked everywhere for H/H specs but couldn't find anything. I don't even see a mention of a H/H shaft offering on the RS page in fact. I actually prefer the shorter length so i'm not worried about it, just wondered.

Pretty standard by almost all companies that steel will be 1/2 shorter, just one of those useless knowledge things I've got crammed in my head Hahahaha

Ponder time over, I've ordered up a 3H which should be here Wednesday!

Curious as to whether this will knock the 3i out of the bag, or the 5w. If it's the latter....I might need another Fybrid. :D

So....seems that I received some karma for mocking TC's delivery schedule on the Fybrid.

Got a call this morning. Should have had club today, but the pro noticed some scratches on the shaft from where the club had been on the stand (noticeable and apparently quite deep). So, I need to wait up to a week for a new order. Darnit.

Back