Zach Johnson leaves iliac Golf for Oakley

While true, it is certainly a step down in TV exposure and overall attention.

That is an understatement and I totally agree with you. It's obviously so much harder for these niche companies to have a big name spokesperson when the mainstream companies have such major budgets. Their strategy is a good one however, try to foster relationships on the web.com (Jin Park, Tyrone Van Aswegen) and hope they get their cards or find that non top tier type guy that is out on tour and hope he has a good year.

That is an understatement and I totally agree with you. It's obviously so much harder for these niche companies to have a big name spokesperson when the mainstream companies have such major budgets. Their strategy is a good one however, try to foster relationships on the web.com (Jin Park, Tyrone Van Aswegen) and hope they get their cards or find that non top tier type guy that is out on tour and hope he has a good year.

True, although it can be done. For instance Sligo with Brian Gay, Travis Matthew with Bubba (before they got big), etc. I always wondered about the Iliac deal with ZJ and had a feeling (having dealt with both parties) that it would be a short partnership.

True, although it can be done. For instance Sligo with Brian Gay, Travis Matthew with Bubba (before they got big), etc. I always wondered about the Iliac deal with ZJ and had a feeling (having dealt with both parties) that it would be a short partnership.

JB, I know this is touch off subject but it seems that Sligo just sticks to home town boys, although they did that kid from Japan, but is this more on purpose or is just more of a matter of who they can afford?

JB, I know this is touch off subject but it seems that Sligo just sticks to home town boys, although they did that kid from Japan, but is this more on purpose or is just more of a matter of who they can afford?

Ya think so? I mean they have a small staff of players and one of them is from Japan, one is Brian Gay and of course Jeff Ritter is a part of them as well. None of those guys fit that mold to me. Aside from that, I think access plays a role in it.

Ya think so? I mean they have a small staff of players and one of them is from Japan, one is Brian Gay and of course Jeff Ritter is a part of them as well. None of those guys fit that mold to me. Aside from that, I think access plays a role in it.

Well I guess I looking at that Brian Gay and Graham Deleatt (sp?) being both from Canada and them being a Canadian company. I'm not sure where Jeff is from, and I'm not sure who else is on there staff, but the two names I associate with them just happen to be home country guys.

Well I guess I looking at that Brian Gay and Graham Deleatt (sp?) being both from Canada and them being a Canadian company. I'm not sure where Jeff is from, and I'm not sure who else is on there staff, but the two names I associate with them just happen to be home country guys.

Brian Gay is from Texas & Alabama, lives in Orlando and went to the University of FL.

Brian Gay is from Texas & Alabama, lives in Orlando and went to the University of FL.

Why did I think he was from Canada then? It seems like they always make a big deal about him when plays in the Candian events, must just the be the sponsorship tie. Thats why I like you JB, always here to help me learn something.

Why did I think he was from Canada then? It seems like they always make a big deal about him when plays in the Candian events, must just the be the sponsorship tie. Thats why I like you JB, always here to help me learn something.

Here to help buddy.

ZJ just posted this on twitter

A_kTO0zCUAEFHvf.jpg:large

Was wondering what he would look like in Oakley. First peek says, good.

ZJ just posted this on twitter

A_kTO0zCUAEFHvf.jpg:large

Was wondering what he would look like in Oakley. First peek says, good.

That purple polo is real nice.

Back