Zach Johnson leaves iliac Golf for Oakley

mrmcgovs

Reaction score
Handicap
It doesn't appear that Zach Johnson will be wearing his tartan collars or d-ring belts in 2013. It looks as if he is leaving the extra traditional and high end brand iliac for the super modern and younger stylings of Oakley.

http://www.oakley.com/sports/golf/posts/3880

Wondering what everyone's take is on this? ZJ seemed to own his own style with iliac, now I am not so sure he hits me as the young modern oakley ambassador.

Wow, that didn't last long, did it?

ZJ rules. He already wears oaks. He has a nifty style and Oakley will play into that very nicely.

TTing

I wasn't crazy about what ZJ wore most of this year. He's always been a sharp dresser, I think he'll do Oakley well. Good signing by Oakley IMO.

I like ZJ and think he will transition to Oakley attire well. I do hope he still rocks his FJ shoes, because Oakley's shoes look like clown shoes, and I will have a hard time seeing a guy that has had pretty good style on the course, all of a sudden look like Bozo The Clown.

Awesome. I am guessing Oakley is looking to fill a void

I think he will be a good ambassador to the brand. When I look at him though I don't see Oakley apparel outside of the glasses. Should be interesting.

I think this is horrible...nothing against Oakley but iliac has some awesome stuff. I wish they would send me something to review. a lot of things.

I like ZJ and think he will transition to Oakley attire well. I do hope he still rocks his FJ shoes, because Oakley's shoes look like clown shoes, and I will have a hard time seeing a guy that has had pretty good style on the course, all of a sudden look like Bozo The Clown.

Their shoes defintiely are "unique" to say the least...ZJ does wear great classic FJ Icons and wing tip MyJoys

Their shoes defintiely are "unique" to say the least...ZJ does wear great classic FJ Icons and wing tip MyJoys

They look like boxes. Clunky and odd and I just have a hard time seeing ZJ wearing them, if that is even a part of his contract.

Got a presser this morning and was publishing as this thread went up.

Got a presser this morning and was publishing as this thread went up.

Thanks JB....I am a brand new member to THP, was quite impressed....Great coincidence though!

It doesn't appear that Zach Johnson will be wearing his tartan collars or d-ring belts in 2013. It looks as if he is leaving the extra traditional and high end brand iliac for the super modern and younger stylings of Oakley.

http://www.oakley.com/sports/golf/posts/3880

Wondering what everyone's take is on this? ZJ seemed to own his own style with iliac, now I am not so sure he hits me as the young modern oakley ambassador.

I kind of liked his look this past year. Not that I think he'll look bad in Oakley, I just thought he looked unique.

Hmm. I guess I always thought he had a deal with Oakley, seeing as how he always wears their glasses.

I'm somehow confused with the marketing direction for Zach, most likely just my own direction I'd like to see him go really. The guy could really create a strong following with us "Common" dudes by NOT dressing quite so swanky. He wore what I thought was some pretty crazy things last year, especially in shades. Am I off here, or is he better off from a long term fan base side of things playing the JD roll to some extent?

Good move by Oakley. Although ZJ isn't one of the huge guys in golf, it's still great to pick up one of the best players on Tour right now.

I wonder if Oakley made Zach double check with Iliac and give them an opportunity to counter the offer before they signed him?

I wonder if Oakley made Zach double check with Iliac and give them an opportunity to counter the offer before they signed him?

They signed him with all the money Nike just gave them to go away quietly.

They signed him with all the money Nike just gave them to go away quietly.

I was thinking the same thing, I bet they have a couple more new signings as well.

I didn't even know he was with iliac I think it's good for both parties.

I always thought his clothing with Iliac was boring, I hope Oakley does a better job. I just hope they don't put him in some crazy bright colors like Ricky Barnes, I don't think that would fit Zach's personality well.

I always thought his clothing with Iliac was boring, I hope Oakley does a better job. I just hope they don't put him in some crazy bright colors like Ricky Barnes, I don't think that would fit Zach's personality well.
Do the players have input into what they do and don't wear?

Back