The Burger Thread

I work for carls jr which is hardees on the eastcoast , I work at the disturbing center , they switched to a feshed baked bun ,
Hah, freudian slip? I hope you mean distribution center :snicker:

The Jucy Lucy from Matts.

8e6ejy6e.jpg

This is greatness. I'll be in Minneapolis next week for a meeting and I'll be trying this burger out.

Glad this thread popped up! When I was in Amarillo last week for work I went to Coyote Bluff Cafe which Adam Richmond visited on Man V. Food.

Coyote-Bluff-Cafe-Amrillo.jpg

SRMlu5TPaDLH4a-640m.jpg

These burgers are ABSOLUTELY phenomenal. I have had some really good hamburgers, and I would put this up there with any of them. Bun was very fresh, meat was cooked perfectly, and was juicy, but not greast. The Cheese and bacon really set this thing off.

Adam at the Burger from hell, but I wasn't brave enough to try that one

Glad this thread popped up! When I was in Amarillo last week for work I went to Coyote Bluff Cafe which Adam Richmond visited on Man V. Food.

Coyote-Bluff-Cafe-Amrillo.jpg

SRMlu5TPaDLH4a-640m.jpg

These burgers are ABSOLUTELY phenomenal. I have had some really good hamburgers, and I would put this up there with any of them. Bun was very fresh, meat was cooked perfectly, and was juicy, but not greast. The Cheese and bacon really set this thing off.

Adam at the Burger from hell, but I wasn't brave enough to try that one

I are there over the holidays visiting the in laws....awesome burger and is one of my places I eat at each time I'm in town. The other place in town called Blu Sky is good also, but not like these.

I skimmed, so I don't know if anyone has talked about Habit yet, but I just went there for lunch with the wife today. First time ever. For some reason, based on their locations and appearance, I assumed that it would be a $9 for a burger type of place, but it was actually very reasonable. I got a double with fries and a drink for $7, which is what you pay at Carl's Jr. anymore and it's way better. If you've had In-N-Out, think along those lines as far as the burger. Toasted bun, thinner patties, etc. They even offer grilled onions and thousand island, so it was made almost the same as my beloved Animal Style at In-N-Out. Nothing tops In-N-Out in my book, but the price and quality of this place impressed me. Didn't even think about taking a pic :banghead:

There is place in New Boston Ohio that has some do the best little hamburgers ever called Hickies Hamburgers. We didn't call them sliders, but same thing. Greasy little things, but so damn delicious. I have to eat there at least once every timeout I go back. I started talking about them at work once, and eventually had a bunch overnighted up here in a cooler with dry ice so I could get a fix.

Five Guys

yvu3e7ah.jpg

I skimmed, so I don't know if anyone has talked about Habit yet, but I just went there for lunch with the wife today. First time ever. For some reason, based on their locations and appearance, I assumed that it would be a $9 for a burger type of place, but it was actually very reasonable. I got a double with fries and a drink for $7, which is what you pay at Carl's Jr. anymore and it's way better. If you've had In-N-Out, think along those lines as far as the burger. Toasted bun, thinner patties, etc. They even offer grilled onions and thousand island, so it was made almost the same as my beloved Animal Style at In-N-Out. Nothing tops In-N-Out in my book, but the price and quality of this place impressed me. Didn't even think about taking a pic :banghead:

I LOVE in n out... I always stop there when I'm back west.

I like Five Guys as well. Lot of good burger places up here, I don't have a specific favorite. I like BBQ and bacon on most gourmet burgers also blue cheese... Heck I just love any kind of burger...

Not too bad. Really expensive though. It was like 13 dollars for a burger, fries, and a soda.

Minus that salad on your burger that looks delicious.

Salad? I don't do tomatoes, but other than that, load it up!

Ate at Stanton's City Bites in Houston this afternoon. They were voted the best burger in Houston 3 times ('05, '06, '09). This was the first time I had ever gone so I went with the recommended Bacon Cheeseburger. It was very good and I will go back. Meant to grab a picture, but I ate it up too fast. If you're in the Houston area, I recommend it. It is very hole in the wall-ish; my kind of style.

I had to drive 90 minutes right afterwards. I was already taking a pretty major risk.

I don't think I could have made a 90 minute drive after eating that. Would have been pulling over

Do you guys find 5 guys quality to vary by quite a margin? We have a few in the city and in the surrounding smaller towns and there's really only one I will go to. They use the same ingredients, but it all breaks down to how they're assembled for me. At the main one, the burgers literally look like someone tossed all the ingredients in the foil wrap and then sat on them and gave it a waggle before they give it to us. The buns are always squished and can't hold together while the burgers are spilling out the side and any additional toppings might as well just start on the floor because they're going to end up there if you open the foil more than a mouth hole's worth.
On the other hand, the 5 guys in the next town is superb and everything actually resembles food instead of a cornucopia of squished gooey mess.

Working on my all in one 3 Cheese Bacon Burger. Its a 3 cheese blend with crispy bacon crumbles blended all into the patty. Usually make a Curried ketchup to go with it. Adds a bit of a smoked flavor to it.

Working on my all in one 3 Cheese Bacon Burger. Its a 3 cheese blend with crispy bacon crumbles blended all into the patty. Usually make a Curried ketchup to go with it. Adds a bit of a smoked flavor to it.

Does that grill pan work well on your stove? I think I need to pick one of those up for winter cooking!

Back