What is the Secret of Golf?

The secret to golf, enjoy every second on the course, good or bad. You never know if it will be your last round or when your next round might happen.

That's the one. Right there.

To not take myself too seriously I am out there to have fun with my buddies. When I start thinking I am better than I actually am there is always 1 hole, 1 shot, or 1 put that puts me back in my place quickly.

I'll admit, I have no idea what it means. :confused2:
It's a movie reference from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, when they asked what was the meaning of the universe, and the answer was 42. I wonder how many people know why they said 42. In computer terms 42 is the number for the ascii character * (asterisk ), which stands for everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'd answer this but it is a secret.

Patience. a clear mind, and a positive attitude.

Agree with some other posts... Most important secret (for me) isn't really a secret... Have fun - enjoy being on the course, enjoying nature and/or hanging-out with like-minded friends/strangers.

Everyone has their own ideal why they play the game. Some for cameraderie, some for personal goals in scoring, some for a walk in the sun.

the key to happiness in golf is understanding what your happiness in golf is, and to do it.

having fun

Have fun, lessons, have fun, practice, have fun, play, have fun ...

and realize that you'll probably never be as good as you want to be

If I truly knew the secret, you'd probably only know me from seeing and talking about me on the PGA Tour. lol

The secret to golf, enjoy every second on the course, good or bad. You never know if it will be your last round or when your next round might happen.
Yes Sir, that's it. Well said bogeyme.

For me, golf with friends or family, allows me to enjoy the game much more. The occasional birdie, doesn't suck either.

If you want to get good at the game, which, I take to mean shooting a low stroke number, the secret is simple.

Pay the price.

To be excellent at golf, as in anything else, you need to eliminate anything that takes away from practice time/lessons/playing, to as much of a degree as possible. Hence, paying the price of not having much of a social life, or other hobbies, etc. There is a theory of needing 10,000 hours of practice/playing to be an elite player. that's a lot of time.

The Secret? It's that as close to perfect shot you make...the one that keeps you coming back...the solid drive on the first tee on a Sunday morning, with 25 people milling around the tee and starter's hut. The stiffed iron for the kick in birdie. The wedge that hops and stops, or dances around a bit. The hole out chip to save par. The 35 foot, double breaking putt that tracks like its on rails. The pure luck of a hole in one; or hitting the pin and missing one by inches.

Its harnessing the feeling you get when it all works out...be it one time a round, or multiple times...it is what could be, every time you tee it up and start that club back.
That's the secret to golf...That's what keeps me coming back.

Swing without fear and accept not every shot is going to be good.

What is the Secret of Golf?

Forget the last shot.

Got "42" I had a boss that always said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no secret to golf. Golf is like anything else in life. There are some that are great and there are some that are not. Everyone else falls some where between.
This, very few people are naturally great at it, the rest have to grind, and then there is are very few people who have zero chance to get good. I am the in between for sure, amazing how bad I golf only playing 2 times a week compared to 6 days a week.

Have fun and enjoy being on the course. It's a fun game and part of the enjoyment is how hard it is. Celebrate the good shots and try to forget the bad ones quickly. when things go bad then just blame your clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea, but if someone does, please tell.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's much, much easier if you you start playing this wonderful game at age 14 or younger.
So what's the secret to back to 14 and start?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So what's the secret to go back to 14 and start?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

images_zpsnwwkjtdn.jpg

The secret is that there is no secret. All those things that the OP lists are great swing tips but theres been many golfers who have made a fine living for themselves on tour with swings that some would say needed to be fixed.
At the end of the day, all that matters is impact position. However you get there is fine and totally up to you.

I think the secret is different for everyone. Everyone plays for different reasons and has different goals/expectations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Stay warm and loose. Being cold especially your hands makes it difficult to score.

Back