Bryson DeChambeau Chooses Bridgestone Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Today it is being announced that young phenom Bryson DeChambeau has chosen to partner with Bridgestone Golf for their golf ball line and like last week at the 2016 Masters, will put it in play this week on the PGA Tour. The young star will also be using a Bridgestone glove in competition and will play the new 2016 Bridgestone B330-S golf ball.

“I take every part of my game seriously and spend a considerable amount of time thinking about how each element will allow me to compete at the highest level,” said DeChambeau. “When it was time to make a decision on the golf ball I would use as a professional, it was clear after a thorough review that Bridgestone Golf’s Tour B330-S was the best fit for me. I’m excited to be a part of Bridgestone’s team and benefit from the precision they put in to each and every ball made.”

Tons of information on the THP Homepage on the new B330 line from Bridgestone, including this interview with Corey Consuegra on the new line on THP Radio.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/the-golf-industry-uncut-volume-1-thp-radio/

“Bryson is a dynamic player with an amazing scientific approach to his game and all the elements that contribute to it,” said Corey Consuegra, Sr. Director of Marketing at Bridgestone Golf. “In a short time as an amateur he’s challenged many of the conventional wisdoms of the game, including safe golf ball choices. Instead, Bryson’s demand on precision, quality and performance will have him using the B330-S well into the future.”

This kid seems to already be moving the needle. Nice pick up for Bridgestone. Now we wait another hour.

Very cool for B-Stone. Very.

Good move for Bridgestone.

I didn't see that coming...

I love it for Bridgestone. He's clearly an analytical golfer and is chasing the right numbers.

Plus, he's right. The balls are about as good as it gets.

I want that Puma hat!

and its a great pick up for bridgestone, I like that kid

I didn't see that coming...

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not but most people knew this through the Masters thread.

Great move for both parties!

Wow, I did NOT see this coming. Ballsy move by Bridgestone, could turn out to be a good push for them to get a better foothold in the club market

And FWIW, I enjoyed that video.

Interesting - didn't see that coming. Seems like a great fit.

Wow, I did NOT see this coming. Ballsy move by Bridgestone, could turn out to be a good push for them to get a better foothold in the club market

Just golf balls brother, not clubs.

This kid seems to already be moving the needle. Nice pick up for Bridgestone. Now we wait another hour.

Watch the video and you don't have to wait to figure out what he's wearing as a pro.

Love this move from Bridgestone. Great to get it with a young unique player that seems to have a very bright future.

And FWIW, I enjoyed that video.

I did too. The timing of the video is interesting though in terms of the announcements. It's pretty clear what the next sponsorship will be by watching the video.

Great fit right there! After seeing his bag at the API I will be surprised if he isn't signed by Cobra/Puma for a club/bag deal down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not but most people knew this through the Masters thread.

Nope, not being sarcastic, not at all. I didn't follow the Masters thread through-and-through so I missed that discussion. I, too, think this is a good decision on his part, and good for Bridgestone as well.

I did too. The timing of the video is interesting though in terms of the announcements. It's pretty clear what the next sponsorship will be by watching the video.

I thought the same thing aloud.

I don't think it was exactly a secret, the tour dictates a lot of what can be said and when, when it involves these kind of announcements. I would have preferred them go together, but with some of the "twitter heroes", they are already behind the 8 ball.

Picture tweeted by Bridgestone:

Cf3T71rWIAAYeVW.jpg

LOVE this video. Good signing for sure

Sounds like he did his fair share of testing before signing!
“I could have selected any ball but the B330‑S passes any and every test in my bag. This includes testing the center of gravity in Epsom Salt for maximum consistency in both roll and flight performance.”
Bridgestone-Golf---Bryson-Dechambeau-3-30-16-5362.jpg

Back