Orange Whip & Peel Review

I got one last winter and when I started playing in march 2015 I played my best golf of the year averaging around 88-92 pretty consistently.Then for whatever reason I never picked it up again after may and my average jumped to a 94-98 average.I am really gonna work with OW more in the next 3 weeks(started last week). trying to take at least 50 swings every 2 days.

Did anybody notice what the this weeks PGA tour winner jim herman had in his bag?I noticed it on hole 16..An orange whip!

Also I thought you wasnt allowed to have this in your bag in competition?

Did anybody notice what the this weeks PGA tour winner jim herman had in his bag?I noticed it on hole 16..An orange whip!

Also I thought you wasnt allowed to have this in your bag in competition?

It doesn't count as a club, my understanding on training aids is that they are allowed in the bag, but you can not pull them out at all during the round.

It doesn't count as a club, my understanding on training aids is that they are allowed in the bag, but you can not pull them out at all during the round.

That is my understanding too.

That is my understanding as well, same as alignment rods, etc.

Why would you want to add all that weight to the bag. Leave it at the range/room etc

Why would you want to add all that weight to the bag. Leave it at the range/room etc

Yup. I'll take mine to the course and warm up with it in the Parking lot if there's no range. But it stays in the truck while I'm playing.

Freaking love my orange whip trainer. It has definitely improved my rhythm and balance on my follow thru. Seriously I didn't think it was going to help THAT much. I would suggest this training aid to anyone whos skeptical.

Ok, now I'm curious. I don't spend a lot of time looking at training aids but the simplicity of this thing has me intrigued.

I need to buy an Orange Whip...I have been having a lot of issues with my driver the past 2 weeks...it has been raining cats and dogs today and I hit on the simulator at the golf store for a while today. I suuuuucked with the driver. I put it down and walked around for a bit. I saw an Orange Whip in one of the bays and spent some time just swinging it, trying to feel the lag. I went back and picked up the driver a few minutes later and hit about 10 solid drives in a row, all in a fairly tight dispersion. Not sure what about the whip helped but it was a great result.

This sentence right here with me excited, "The Orange Whip Trainer is a training support hands down the best I've used." That pretty much says it all for me. University at Jake, thank you for being thorough and honest with your thoughts.

I've had one for a while now. It's helped a ton with my balance and tempo. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I bought my own Orange Whip today, looking forward to using it more.

I bought my own Orange Whip today, looking forward to using it more.

I like mine. I need to make it a habit to use regularly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Orange Whip has been the best swing trainer I have ever used. I usually push cart or ride at my golf courses so it stays with me. Warming up with it before the first tee really gets my nerves settled down and I'll use it if I'm stuck waiting at a tee box for a slow group. I never how much rhythm I lacked in the swing!

Watching the Shell Houston open today sure looks like Sung Kang is a whip user judging by his pre shot routine.

I got one a month or so ago. Plan on using it a little each day and to warm up before rounds.

Used mine again yesterday and I forget how good it makes my tempo feel right after I switch to a regular club. I love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an orange whip and love it. Really helps with tempo and rhythm. You can really get into trouble with it though if you aren't staying balanced. For instance, if you swing it and sway your body while swinging it could throw you off. But its awesome work on balance and footwork with it because it ties it all together. I think that's what the "orange peel" is for....eliminating sway in the swing. I havnt been on one of those yet.

I seen they are getting ready to release the Orange Whip Wedge....I will probably pick one of those up too

Last edited:
The review was much more helpful and informing than the short instruction piece of paper that came with the whip.

I did this review almost 5 years ago and still to this day use the Orange Whip before I practice or play, I absolutely love this thing !

I desperately need to invest in the Orange Whip, I just can't bring myself to spending $100 or so on it.

I desperately need to invest in the Orange Whip, I just can't bring myself to spending $100 or so on it.

Keep an eye out for deals. I found a brand new one on eBay for $60 a few months ago.

Back