The Jordan Spieth Thread

I think the fact that he did not have his A game but was still able to compete in a tournament that had some pretty well known players sitting well into the plus range is a statement to how tough this kid is. He simply lost it all on the 12th hole and I think he did a great thing standing up with the media and discussing it. The Butler cabin situation is not really a situation in my mind I think he handled that as well as anyone should have expected a 22 year old that just got a 7 on a par three to lose the Masters could. I think the criticism is unwarranted but expected based on social media and everyone's need to say something negative. I was disappointed in his performance and I am sure he is as well but I am still a big fan of his and will remain one, he will learn from his mistake and grow from it. I would not be surprised to see him win another major this year.

Who let Reek have a green jacket? :alien:

Certainly not this guy:

game-of-thrones-dinner-ramsay-1428500198.gif

Are there people really nitpicking how Jordan acted after the round yesterday? Jeebus, people need to STFU. The kid (he's still 22) acted like anybody who felt like they let themselves down. I highly doubt Jordan held animosity towards Danny Willet. If anything, Jordan was fighting a losing battle with his own emotions. That is just fine to me.

Instead of focusing on the 10th, 11th, and 12th holes, lets focus on Danny Willet and his bogey free 67. That is what it took to dethrone a young man who lead 7 straight rounds at Augusta National Golf Club. It took a blemish free round to beat Jordan, that is quite honorable.

Are there people really nitpicking how Jordan acted after the round yesterday? Jeebus, people need to STFU. The kid (he's still 22) acted like anybody who felt like they let themselves down. I highly doubt Jordan held animosity towards Danny Willet. If anything, Jordan was fighting a losing battle with his own emotions. That is just fine to me.

Instead of focusing on the 10th, 11th, and 12th holes, lets focus on Danny Willet and his bogey free 67. That is what it took to dethrone a young man who lead 7 straight rounds at Augusta National Golf Club. It took a blemish free round to beat Jordan, that is quite honorable.

Very well put! I tweeted after the 'are you disappointed' question to Jordan that I might have punched someone. I thought he did well!

Very well put! I tweeted after the 'are you disappointed' question to Jordan that I might have punched someone. I thought he did well!

That 'are you disappointed' question was quite possibly one of the dumbest questions ever asked by a member of the media. He handled it well, but the question shouldn't have been asked IMO.

I am a bigger fan of Jordan now than I was on Thursday. He really showed a lot of maturity in the post-round interview, letting the press know how he felt while keeping himself very professional.

I believe that Tiger's dominance in golf over the prior 15 years (recent years less so) has changed the expectations of what the "top" golfer is supposed to do. Really a sad scenario on golf, but I understand it. To be dominant, you have to be in contention. Tiger killed the competition, Jordan is expected to do the same.

How many times did Jack come in second? And how many times did he win or finish top 10 in majors before he was 23 years old?

Jordan should take this event as a heartbreak, which he has, and use it to get better, which I am sure that he will.

I say this in all honesty - my lifetime of golf watching has so far been of Tiger's dominance and Jordan's comeuppance. This is a great time to be a fan of golf!!

Dan mentioned it yesterday about GC going with the Spieth meltdown angle and when I was watching yesterday I thought he choked a little but then I started thinking back. He hasn't played well leading up to the masters and he had a good round in bad conditions on Thursday, a decent round on Friday then Sat we saw more of what we had seen since the beginning of the season and he came back to the field. Then yesterday he played a decent round and had stretch of 3 holes that got him and he battle back a little to try and get to at least a playoff. #12 was a bad shot followed by a bad decision to drop and not re-tee followed by a bad shot again then a just get over the water shot. To me a meltdown would be what we saw from Norman where the wheels started to come of slowly.

i don't think he choked but his current swing and flaws got the better him for a few holes and Willet was playing a good round and outlasted him. I wish the was more focus on how well Wilett played over the weekend.

i don't fault Spieth for his emotional reaction and he handled better than some other golfers would have and better than what we have seen from athletes in others sports. I think he looks back at it all and learns and grows.

Let's try to replace that picture on Tapatalk

e3847bb09520f696eb5757a51a9e61d4.jpg

I haven't read all the responses I'm guilty for sure but skimming I can't believe people are saying Jordan didn't handle himself well. That's ridiculous. The kid just signed the card and came over, congratulated him and put the green jacket on him with a smile. What more do you want? The kid is gracious and so mature well beyond his age. Seeing him like that after the weekend he had only made me a bigger fan. You want to see a poor loser? Look at Cam after the Superbowl. I think it's a joke people need to find anything they can to put someone down. He's the type of kid you hope your children idolize. Never says the wrong thing, never swears, always carries himself well on the course. Of course he gets upset with himself and wears his emotions on his sleeve, but he does it with class. He's a 22 year old kid that carries himself like he's been on tour his entire life. Nobody is perfect but this kid is damn close to that. /Rant

The Sloth

/thread

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That 'are you disappointed' question was quite possibly one of the dumbest questions ever asked by a member of the media. He handled it well, but the question shouldn't have been asked IMO.
I don't know. The stupidest question ever might have been asked during his press conference Saturday night. A female reporter mentioned he had 30 putts, not his usual standard and what did he have to say about his putting.

He he said he putted phenominal. He made every putt he needed to make and to have 30 putts in those conditions that were blowing balls off the green, he coudlnt be happier.

You think she would stop there. Noooo. She mentioned that Bernard Langer had 27 putts. He just looked has a sheet eating grin and said "wow, that's fantastic. Great for him" and quickly looked to the other side of the room for another question.

He handled it very nicely, but also got his point across that, 30 putts was pretty damn good.

I don't know. The stupidest question ever might have been asked during his press conference Saturday night. A female reporter mentioned he had 30 putts, not his usual standard and what did he have to say about his putting.

He he said he putted phenominal. He made every putt he needed to make and to have 30 putts in those conditions that were blowing balls off the green, he coudlnt be happier.

You think she would stop there. Noooo. She mentioned that Bernard Langer had 27 putts. He just looked has a sheet eating grin and said "wow, that's fantastic. Great for him" and quickly looked to the other side of the room for another question.

He handled it very nicely, but also got his point across that, 30 putts was pretty damn good.

I remember just shaking my head. A female reporter asked the disappointed question too, I wonder if it was the same one

Lack of class, lack of maturity......
I'm just catching up on reading this thread and not skimming...I'm confused by our post, are you implying Jordan lacks class and maturity??

I remember just shaking my head. A female reporter asked the disappointed question too, I wonder if it was the same one
it could have been the same one. I think her name was Karen and didn't catch what media outlet when she mentione it.
I couldn't believe I heard the question correctly, I had to rewind and listen again. His reaction was priceless.

I'm just catching up on reading this thread and not skimming...I'm confused by our post, are you implying Jordan lacks class and maturity??

Attempt at trying to kick someone when they are down comment. Helps people feel that they are bringing people down to their level.

Or maybe it's shock value to get a rise out of people because they have nothing else in their bag.

Attempt at trying to kick someone when they are down comment. Helps people feel that they are bringing people down to their level.

Or maybe it's shock value to get a rise out of people because they have nothing else in their bag.
I was genuinely interested in his response. I suppose it could have been a joke and certainly hope that's the case!!

I was genuinely interested in his response. I suppose it could have been a joke and certainly hope that's the case!!
Or a response to those that are ragging on Jordan. That they are the ones with no maturity or class. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt

It's posts like this that I figured would be coming. Just don't get the thought process behind trying to compare oneself to a professional in the heat of a tournament. Brags that he birdies par 3 12th but conveniently skips mentioning the double bogey on the next hole

f75cb06e7c382190d9137f4d98819d20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back