Odyssey Versa Putter Preview

I saw Pat Perez playing a versa 2 ball during on the range. Looks great on the course.

Concepts sounds good, but its hard to know if it works for you until you roll with it. I'm excited to give these a go this May at the demo day.

Concepts sounds good, but its hard to know if it works for you until you roll with it. I'm excited to give these a go this May at the demo day.

I'm right there with ya on that.

I'm very interested in them. Want to roll some.

I'm with you, I'm one of the pickiest putterheads around but in the end, I want to know how it rolls first and foremost.

You already know how they roll. It's the white hot insert. That's nothing new.

I know there is a lot of Odyssey love here (not unjustified). But Odyssey kind of bores me. They just seem to use the same shapes, same inserts and just change the paint job. Granted, the MetalX was a great insert. I just wasn't a fan of the finish.

I am not sure why the went to the White Hot insert with these....put a Metal X insert in one and then you would be talking!

I am not sure why the went to the White Hot insert with these....put a Metal X insert in one and then you would be talking!

Well they did say they changed up the insert and redid the formula in it so hopefully it won't be so squishy. That was the only reason I didn't like the white hot insert.

These are some interesting looking putters the OREO putter! I am sure many will lik while I am on the quest for the perfect carbon steel or 303 stainless milled putter to game!

Well they did say they changed up the insert and redid the formula in it so hopefully it won't be so squishy. That was the only reason I didn't like the white hot insert.

Yeah I wasnt a fan of the White Hot insert either.....I have a #7 with that insert and I putted okay with it but the insert was just really soft

Yeah I wasnt a fan of the White Hot insert either.....I have a #7 with that insert and I putted okay with it but the insert was just really soft

Exactly. I plan on giving these a roll when they come out and I hope they did improve it. Could be a new wave of alignment and with the right insert I think these could be a real winner.

I like the color scheme but I am confused as to how it helps one putt better. I guess I learn more once I get to roll one for a bit.

Spent the better part of 30min with this putter today. Went through all the models available at GG. To me, I found the Versa concept to suit best in the 2ball and the #7 Versa 90. I thought these 2 models embraced the Versa theory the best and were incredibly easy to line up. The color scheme in all other models seemed to be to distracting. I was focused more on the colors than on actually putting. The models with the all white with black center options were better to my eye than the all black with white center line but both were too distracting IMO. I can definitely see myself gaming either the all white 2ball or a #7 Versa 90 in the future

Tapping away on my S3

I am not going to rush to judgement on these. I would like to see one in my hands and stroke a few putts with one first.

i think Odysseys line up this year is an interesting one and has a lot of options from what i have seen so far. gonna be interesting to see which way i go but i am tempted to try these i might actually buy one and see how it works out if i like the feel from the insert. thats my biggest concern.

I loved the insert and the look when I used the #1 a few months back. I can't do that long term though. 6 is my model and they didn't make it this year. I'd have bought a 6.

THPing on Tapatalk

Not a fan. Look odd. Don't like the grip. Don't like the insert. Some blades have alignment lines some done.

There isn't a whole lot that I like about these.

I got to roll both a black/white/black and white/black/white #7 at the Tour Stop at the WGHOF. I personally did not like it. I didn't like the insert, it felt very soft to me. I don't really like the softer inserts. The look didn't really do much for me and I thought it looked a odd and off. I hit about 20-25 putts with it, and just wasnt feeling it. I didn't feel it helped get any more lined up than the Metal-X #7 or the Metal-X #8 that I rolled. I still think that the SeeMore system is better overall for alignment. But thats for another thread.

I got to roll both a black/white/black and white/black/white #7 at the Tour Stop at the WGHOF. I personally did not like it. I didn't like the insert, it felt very soft to me. I don't really like the softer inserts. The look didn't really do much for me and I thought it looked a odd and off. I hit about 20-25 putts with it, and just wasnt feeling it. I didn't feel it helped get any more lined up than the Metal-X #7 or the Metal-X #8 that I rolled. I still think that the SeeMore system is better overall for alignment. But thats for another thread.

Not a fan. Look odd. Don't like the grip. Don't like the insert. Some blades have alignment lines some done.

There isn't a whole lot that I like about these.

I definitely agree. But the Versa 90 on the #7 and the 2 ball make sense to me at least and I found the alignment to stand out more to me than the non versa models IMO. The black/white/black and the white/black/white just dont do it for me either. Much too busy to the eye

Tapping away on my S3

I rolled the W/B/W #7 today and I have to say I liked it. I like the feel better than the metal X #7 I've been gaming. I enjoyed the feel and yes it is softer than I am used to but it provided better feedback than the Metal X.

I also rolled the two ball and really liked the looks of this as well. I've never been a fan of the two ball but the Versa line was more pleasing to my eye. It too had great feel off the face and provided some good feedback.

I'm shocked you are in Fla and an hour away. No even an eff you or go screw. Hope you played.

I definitely agree. But the Versa 90 on the #7 and the 2 ball make sense to me at least and I found the alignment to stand out more to me than the non versa models IMO. The black/white/black and the white/black/white just dont do it for me either. Much too busy to the eye

Tapping away on my S3

I agree that the system on those two makes more sense that the oreo cookie your going to see on the other models. But it is busy. I should have though probably prefaced my post with that I don't like mallet style putters. I tried to leave that bias out during my time with them, but I think that with the insert and look just turned me off from them in general..

I rolled the W/B/W #7 today and I have to say I liked it. I like the feel better than the metal X #7 I've been gaming. I enjoyed the feel and yes it is softer than I am used to but it provided better feedback than the Metal X.

I also rolled the two ball and really liked the looks of this as well. I've never been a fan of the two ball but the Versa line was more pleasing to my eye. It too had great feel off the face and provided some good feedback.

Looks great AND feels softer than the metal X? This is officially on my ponder list.

i was afraid the insert was gonna be soft.... might make me lean towards another model. but i am gonna give it a try asap still.

Why did they have to go with the soft face? Aren't ProV's soft enough? There's a certain click I've got to feel when I'm putting to have any confidence that the ball's coming off the face right. Right now, I'm using an old Cameron Newport 2 with a lightly milled face. I've always been intrigued by odyssey's designs. They're innovating for sure. But when they started to push soft inserts in the face, I thought, these are for guys who play rocks. Because, if you're gonna play a nice and soft player's ball, you probably don't need a soft insert. Otherwise, it'll feel like a whiff every time. At least, that's what I think.

Sound is feel. Soft inserts mute the sound at impact. This insert really muffles the sound. I don't like it.

Back